Recent Topics

Ads

Lack of Order in ranked

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What would encourage you to play more ranked?

Improved gear
26%
Reduced gear cost
20%
Higher rewards per sc
17%
Ability to duo q (I know the obvious problem with this one)
2%
Other (please specify)
35%
Total votes: 81

Nekkma

Re: Lack of Order in ranked

Post#41 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:34 am

It just seems like a dead gamemode. I have qued maybe 10 times on destro and only gotten 2 pops (both after more than 1 hour in que). The first pop got cancelled because someone declined. The second pop I declined as it popped when I was in the middle of a work related phone call. The other 8ish times I qued I didn't get a pop. At that point I stopped quing and I most likely will not que again unless quetimes are reasonable (max 30 min).
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:31 am
Sulorie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 am It's pretty obvious that it is mostly order, who stay away from ranked for some reason I don't really get. It's not like destro has better classes for ranked.
Not sure, if you're being sarcastig here tbh. Because destro definitely does not have the better classes for ranked (at least concerning dps which I am more familiar with as with the other two archetypes)

First I queued ranked for the gear because I want to try different builds of gear and imo two pieces is part of BiS setup.
Then I noticed that it improved my gameplay. I got better map awareness, paid more attention to guards being swapped and to people being overextended or wrong positioned.

And its sad wanting to play ranked and getting the gear when on mondays you get mail with a whooping 2 emblems weekly bonus because you only managed to play 2! ranked matches because enemy didnt queue. So maybe what can be taken into consideration is how the weekly bonus works
I actually means that it is no class balance issue. I should have been more clear about it. :P
Dying is no option.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#43 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:15 pm

MedV wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:58 am Please Please dont make a reward that only 6-12 people on each faction will get even if its a mount for a week. You will have the same "Im not the best so why que ill never get that reward" as you have now. Im obviously taking a guess at how you wrote your sentence but thats the inflection im getting, that there will be a mount/special appearance item only a couple ranked solo and a couple group ranked people will get.
The prizes won't be restricted to one winning team or player, so more of them will have a chance to win. Logically, the lower the rank, the less the rewards.
-
nocturnalguest wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:39 am This is false statement. Vanq/opp design was close to ideal. Everyone would actually want to have their hands on ranked gear. Ranked gear is part of BiS (or BiS for niche build/role in few cases) mix&matches on every class.
Why dont people bother tho is because difference between this "dream gear" and sov/invader/pve is negligble but in terms of time/effort ranked gear is hellish grind.
Part of a niche build, with otherwise negligible difference and lots of effort and time consumption. I think you answered yourself in your own reply.

Krima

Post#44 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:22 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:15 pm
MedV wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:58 am Please Please dont make a reward that only 6-12 people on each faction will get even if its a mount for a week. You will have the same "Im not the best so why que ill never get that reward" as you have now. Im obviously taking a guess at how you wrote your sentence but thats the inflection im getting, that there will be a mount/special appearance item only a couple ranked solo and a couple group ranked people will get.
The prizes won't be restricted to one winning team or player, so more of them will have a chance to win. Logically, the lower the rank, the less the rewards.
-
nocturnalguest wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:39 am This is false statement. Vanq/opp design was close to ideal. Everyone would actually want to have their hands on ranked gear. Ranked gear is part of BiS (or BiS for niche build/role in few cases) mix&matches on every class.
Why dont people bother tho is because difference between this "dream gear" and sov/invader/pve is negligble but in terms of time/effort ranked gear is hellish grind.
Part of a niche build, with otherwise negligible difference and lots of effort and time consumption. I think you answered yourself in your own reply.
Having cosmetics as reward is indeed a very good idea. Unique Dyes / mounts / appearance itens its the way to go.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

nocturnalguest

Post#45 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:25 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:15 pm Part of a niche build, with otherwise negligible difference and lots of effort and time consumption. I think you answered yourself in your own reply.
You are putting words into my mouth. Read more careful please.
I was not questioning anything, i just stated that you are wrong with "barely anyone is interested in having". Many interested in having, but none can afford considering conditions.

Rowanmantle

Post#46 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:39 am My .2$

High MMR players tend to abandon ship quickly if they sense weakness in their Q side. It typically snowballs into a one sided stompfest that die off quickly. For a long time order has been losing more so now no Q.

Nature of competitive play and salt
This is sadly true, I myself enjoy healing ranked, but sadly due to epeen/ego/negative mindsets. People on order rage/moan/give up too easy.

Also most stop queueing when you get two-three matches where the dps do not even bother assisting, tanks give away free immunity or go full DPS /lol specs.
Best time to queue for me is during 22:00 -00:00 my time where people put in a moderate amount of effort. Let's face it 2 hours a night of ranked is a serious grind to get the pieces. Then it boils down to "why even bother grinding it".

Perhaps better incentive/rewards or reduced prices for the sets would help. However you cannot control the mindset of players or how they will react to constructive feedback/losing. I will admit my ignore list grows more doing ranked then any other content on this server, and as most know I play a lot. :mrgreen:
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

oaliaen

Post#47 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm

*Hype mode on* As a 600+ matches player, yea..Cant wait for the unique rewards ;)

Jabba

Post#48 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:11 pm

Get rid of mmr, or at least hide it from everyone other than yourself, then the snowflakes might still queue even if they might lose.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Earthcake

Post#49 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:36 pm

As order u r often paired with snb tanks doing 4k dmg when both zealots r each doing 19-20k.

Would u queue 45min for that experience ?

Jabba

Post#50 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:43 pm

Earthcake wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:36 pm As order u r often paired with snb tanks doing 4k dmg when both zealots r each doing 19-20k.

Would u queue 45min for that experience ?
This is the same for both sides, there are potatoes playing both sides. Except destro have longer queues for the same rubbish games because order at least get pops when they queue.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge