Recent Topics

Ads

BW damage feels underwhelming

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: BW damage feels underwhelming

Post#61 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:40 pm

Dedicated BW players have said that his aoe dmg is overperfoming several times and some calling for nerfs to make others classes more atractives to wb...

BW is the best RDPS right now, lets face the reality => if you are doing low damage with the best rdps you are playing bad, really bad.

Zaxxond wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:15 am Order is the way it is because of OP AoE BW that needs to be nerfed.

Nerf AoE BW and see the Order start playing MDPS.
Zaxxond wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm
poisonedshotz wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 pm
Wam wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:08 pm you cannot nerf order's best dps class (it props them up as a realm) or you will create massive ripple effects ... true it is better raw dmg, doesn't make sorcs bad though... you have to think big picture.

people who want to nerf classes are silly... you want them to buff the unloved classes, only when the other classes are more viable can you think of touching the poisoned chalice of BW if it even needs touching.
This makes no sense. If BW is propping up order, then it should be nerfed while the weaker order classes should be buffed. In fact, there's an active topic calling for SW buff, and it totally makes sense.

I have been calling for AoE BW nerfs for months. Devs will never do it. They know the AoE BW is the RVR hero of the realm and if they nerf (which they should) it will cause them them great pain and they will suffer from Order's collective tears on the forums. Also they will need to up tune the other order classes to make the Order realm competitive in RVR which will cause Destro to cry on forums.

Still... F AoE BW.
wonshot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am (all of that being said flashfire could use a nerf and same for tactic for wider RoF)
wonshot wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:15 pm
Again, i agree BW has a strong toolbox of tactics, just not as much freedom to use them all at once.

Burning head should probably also not be a morale drain on a class that can selfpump, to reach a ranged moraledrain from range. but lets instead see other mastery morales being brought up to pair instead of nerfing the few ones used for goofy specs.

Ads
teiloh

Post#62 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:57 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:40 pm Dedicated BW players have said that his aoe dmg is overperfoming several times and some calling for nerfs to make others classes more atractives to wb...

BW is the best RDPS right now, lets face the reality => if you are doing low damage with the best rdps you are playing bad, really bad.
Citation needed

grapefruit

Post#63 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:12 pm

Threads like these are also a reason we have such a shitty balance :D
You dont want devs listening to these kind of players...
I think im gonna throw in the classic l2p here.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#64 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:27 pm

ScumFM wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:25 pm It's not unreasonable to feel that BW is doing sub-par damage, especially considering the drawbacks. The backlash mechanic is harsh, with 750 undefendable, unmitigatable damage done to the caster. It seems to me Magus/Engi and dps AM/Sham can do similar ST burst to the BW/Sorc and they do not have to eat the damage equivalent of an m4 to do that.

Now that the dummies report burst damage, it should be easier to compare the classes in that regard.
That's exactly how I feel it. Looks like many classes in RoR got damage buffs without considering utility they have.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Gurf

Post#65 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:45 pm

There is actually a debate as to whether the backlash mechanic is too harsh as the damage was toned down from the original live damage.

Dabbart

Post#66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:54 pm

A, stop playing solo.

B, stop going 100% glass cannon.

C, Nishka has been here since 2014. This is either an obvious troll or a complete dumbass. Based on the posts in MSH thread, I'm betting troll. Stop feeding the Trolls and this forum might actually be worth reading again...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#67 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:02 pm

Dabbart wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:54 pm A, stop playing solo.

B, stop going 100% glass cannon.

C, Nishka has been here since 2014. This is either an obvious troll or a complete dumbass. Based on the posts in MSH thread, I'm betting troll. Stop feeding the Trolls and this forum might actually be worth reading again...
It's hilarious how people like you truly believe that anyone would waste their time in this forum to ''troll'' the 5 people that reply. It gets even funnier when you realize that someone that enjoys trolling on forums would seek a much wider audience.
But please, do continue.

Fey

Post#68 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:19 pm

I tried out my trash tier BW on a construct. Just for reference rr 46, 3 merc/3 conq (lol,I know right?) with an even 1000 intel.

I just used my normal tactics. Ignition,Fuel to Fire, Flashfire, Endless Knowledge. Normal rotation, ignite, SB, BB, FB or PS, sear, nova, repeat. Each rotation starting at zero cumbustion. Cookie cutter spec, not high enough for Fireball Barrage.

After 10 tries my highest 3 sec burst was 7,577. Most fall in the high 4k low 5k range. Numbers feel pretty good to me as I'm just using a standard build, and my gear is slightly better than hot garbage.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Dabbart

Post#69 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Spoiler:
Hardkoar wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:02 pm It's hilarious how people like you truly believe that anyone would waste their time in this forum to ''troll'' the 5 people that reply. It gets even funnier when you realize that someone that enjoys trolling on forums would seek a much wider audience.
But please, do continue.

Where was your thesaurus for this post?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

billyk

Post#70 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:29 pm

I love the Destro tears that always flow when someone hints at making any Order class viable.
If you play both sides, you quickly realize that the classes that create the most Destro salt aren't OP but merely not totally gimped. Destro simply doesn't want to lose their advantages.