BW damage feels underwhelming

Let's talk about... everything else
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: BW damage feels underwhelming

Post#71 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Dabbart wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:26 pm
Spoiler:
Hardkoar wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:02 pm It's hilarious how people like you truly believe that anyone would waste their time in this forum to ''troll'' the 5 people that reply. It gets even funnier when you realize that someone that enjoys trolling on forums would seek a much wider audience.
But please, do continue.

Where was your thesaurus for this post?
9/10 out of your posts are insulting someone and anyone could check your post history,so I've gotta ask.

Which dev's cousin are you that allows you to keep existing on this forum despite your extremely toxic behavior?

In this thread alone u've called the guy 2 posts above this one a dumbass.
Last edited by Hardkoar on Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#72 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Spoiler:
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wonshot

Post#73 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:48 pm

Since noone else is saying anything to move the topic, I for one am dreaming of a world where Brighwizard and sorc are not so much of a onetrick "oneshot or nothing" and maybe had a ramp up on their commonly shared channeling ability for increasingly higher damage/cost the longer you channel, so its not all about onetabbing a channel for the instant burst near your BB/WoP tick.
Maybe even let it drain your combustion meanwhile, so you actually play the class mechanic and not the current version where you rush to 100 and stay at a 100.
it would give counterplay by interrupting the channeled ability, and much more choice when you exhaust your classmechanic for burst, while shifting this "must have 5sec tactic" into being an option and not mandatory. Wasnt there a quote about if something is a must pick, then its a flaw? or something like that.

But thats just me.
Figured id get that in, before we see the next BW thread in a couple of months
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#74 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:55 pm

Spoiler:
Chill forum commando, you might wanna get to 2k posts before you test this boss.

Dabbart

Post#75 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:59 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:48 pm Since noone else is saying anything to move the topic, I for one am dreaming of a world where Brighwizard and sorc are not so much of a onetrick "oneshot or nothing" and maybe had a ramp up on their commonly shared channeling ability for increasingly higher damage/cost the longer you channel, so its not all about onetabbing a channel for the instant burst near your BB/WoD pick.

But thats just me.
Figured id get that in, before we see the next BW thread in a couple of months
I haven't played properly(see 6man+) for a while now, so I have no idea. Is the DoT BW spec even used anymore? I think Zaxx used it almost exclusively for awhile. I know JBZ and a few others used a more instant reliant than CT build, but this was years ago. And mostly so he could steal DBs imo... :P Also, I think it was Simtex who used to murder/:| me w/o BB/WoP. Personally, I watched for those spells and then detaunt accordingly, but non-telegraphed raw DPS used to just blow my ass up sometimes...

Also, channels are powerful because you can timestamp an instant after the 2nd tick, would ramping of damage mean more standing still hoping that last tick doesn't get disrupted, or simply a less "confused" build? I'm surprised no one has asked for a DoT that empowers based on number of spells hitting your target. (Note, can you still disrupt each tick of a channel?)

Lastly, do you really need anything on BW? I get the oneshot or nothing vibe, but you can oneshot a LOT of players...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

CountTalabecland

Post#76 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Lol who even cares about BW, its a melee meta world out there.

Sure there are a handful of really good ones and you can still build a bomb grp if you want but morale nerfs hurt.

All the ppl who pug BW, sigmar save them, are just food for MSH pounce and mara/choppa pulls.

BW AoE is good when defending forts, but then again, whose isn't?

To the OP: Why in the world would you 1) post a log of an auto-attack to prove something on a caster, and 2) solo BW is about as fun as solo Slayer with no RoA vs. Shaman gank lords, why bother?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Toggle

Post#77 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Jabba wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:53 pm
Toggle wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 pm
wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:50 pm Well mostly because i got curious to see the timestamp burst on Costructs, since someone posted a high number in the Meatball topic, i did 3 timestamps on the constuct and then for absolute meme value tested what a pure RoF would look like.

Knock yourselves out with this if we are aiming for 10pages.
https://imgur.com/a/OA2wzlN
You’re full sov, correct? I want to test out dps shammy when I get home today. Just want an idea of the difference I will be looking at gear wise. Thanks!
Did a few tests on dps sham

Pretty average for what I was getting, although obv there's far more variance compared to BW as your crit is much lower.

Could have cheesed it and run crap like the extra damage on shield rather than run away, or just respeccing points away from Puddle to boost tooltip on damage skills for better, but what's the point.
What filters are you using to get the info about dps and whatnot to show up?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Sulorie

Post#78 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:24 am

Why do people, who play this game for so long, make such threads?
Dying is no option.

Ads
ScumFM

Post#79 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:56 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:31 pm
wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:23 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:41 pm

Yes, unbeated atm.
I mean, that was a pve-only build i threw together for that exact task of bursting down the dummy. it involved prebuilding combustion, morale, fishing for a onslaugh proc and replicating the test for quite a few times to get a sample where i had only crits and alot of damage procs. If this topic is even supposed to go any further i can go grab some more realistic pvp screenshots of timestamps on players or on dummies for a better data collection than the dummy build :D
Sure mostly ppl made the same and still didnt reach that dps score

Just to finally put that to rest:
Spoiler:

Collision

Post#80 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:10 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:24 am Why do people, who play this game for so long, make such threads?
Because they are rr70 and still full Conq :x