Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TreefAM

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#351 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:44 am

Ok maybe you can make those formation in your little roleplay events, but in actual wb vs wb your wb will be inside of their wb and vise versa and there is literally nothing that can stop them.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#352 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:47 am

TreefAM wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:44 am Ok maybe you can make those formation in your little roleplay events, but in actual wb vs wb your wb will be inside of their wb and vise versa and there is literally nothing that can stop them.

yea turn left is extreamly hard movement. only hanfful of tanks can do it, that's true.
rest turn right when enemies are in front and left.
sometimes leader order p1 left p2 right and tanks show their butt to enemy.
magic.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

anarchypark

Post#353 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 am

Jabba wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:02 pm
anarchypark wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:50 am so does projectile direction.
And yet bullets and arrows lock on to targets that are moving like heat seeking missiles, changing course to ensure they hit .

There are so many examples where physics are thrown out the window for the sake of gameplay. How about how wh/we's can yeet themselves backwards and perform a static jump backwards 30ft and 20ft in the air, off the side of a bridge and fall hundreds of feet and run off without a scratch as an example. Yay for physics!

nope that's mathmatics. 1 bullet is not actually 1. what is it called in english... statistics?
you actually shot 10 bullets and statistically 1 bullet hit. game ignores 9 misses and shows 1 hit.
well, that's war game i think.
anyway use your imagination in coherence with minimum logic.
you gone too far. if u need more nerd battle, pm. we could derail to other galaxy.

Dabbart

Post#354 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:34 am

36 page thread, apologies if it was covered but I couldn't find it in a search, does the HtL damage reduction apply to ranged DoTs and if so how?

IE, I am using HtL, a dot is cast on me or someone covered, 5% reduced damage from all the DoT ticks or only until HtL comes down?
If an ally is currently affected by a DoT, will using HtL between him and the enemy affect the ongoing damage?

Also, I believe I am correct that the HtL buff is affected by where the enemy is positioned, NOT their AoE placement, correct? IE a BW is standing infront of me, drops his RoF behind me, I get the buff still, and any ally that has the RoF between me and them, but has the BW directly infront of them, gets the buff. Correct, or am I dumb?

IE: BW<->Tank<->ROF<->Allies OR BW<->Tank<->Allies<->RoF

First city in a long time on my tank, and it's hard to tell how effective I was with HtL since we got kersmashed, but I kinda like the change. Yea, you need to do some weird jump/twist/strafe movement, but you had to do that previously if you were last in line anyways. Not being able to strafe directly away from the enemy and HtL on myself/those behind me is a nice change too. That was always a cheeky ploy to use, especially with disrupt/speed increase tactics. And not using HtL ass backwards during funnels just makes sense.

Also, I know this happened awhile ago, but the Protection numbers in SCs are beautiful to see. Much love for that one.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

TreefAM

Post#355 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:23 am

[/quote]

yea turn left is extreamly hard movement. only hanfful of tanks can do it, that's true.
magic.
[/quote]

What stops the enemy from going inside of your warband in a fight though, unless you keep kiting them, but kiting alone won't kill them if they aren't a 3healer pug.
You do know that the bodyblocking doesn't actually 100% block anyone to move past you, right?

Snowhawk

Post#356 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 am

Yey: Explodin Arrer fixed with next patch

I know: rSH are crap... i'm a Goblin and not a High Eleven. what did you expect? :D i sleep with Squigs in the same room.

anarchypark

Post#357 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:15 pm

TreefAM wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:23 am
magic.
What stops the enemy from going inside of your warband in a fight though, unless you keep kiting them, but kiting alone won't kill them if they aren't a 3healer pug.
You do know that the bodyblocking doesn't actually 100% block anyone to move past you, right?

when enemies got past frontline and clogged inside that's time for CC and debuff. literally time to melee.
HtL is skill for preparing and gap closing against rdps. It's not for melee fight.
skills have timing, when to use.

think about mdps charge. that timing is one of example to use HtL.
and tank wall measuring stage. and when disengaging.
funnel is one complicated situation.

tbh, i've seen too many tanks HtL at weird place and timing. even in PvE.
hope they learn better from this change.

TreefAM

Post#358 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Gap closing vs random pugs that don't know any better.
A bombing wb won't be running away from you that you need to HTL to close the gap with them.
I agree that a lot of tanks spam HTL for no reason since they don't really know what it does.
But even when you get into melee with a bombing wb it has its uses.

Ads