Recent Topics

Ads

Make tanks great again.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alubert

Make tanks great again.

Post#1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 pm

1. Each class has access to: melee power, ranged power, magic power, healing power but no tanks. I urge you to restore justice and give the old "fortitude" statistic as on the original server ( 1 tougnes = 1 fortitude). For example, like the defensive sets bonus instead of block (for 2h tanks is hopeless statistic).
2. Once again, I want to consider that ktb / chosen super punt tactic should work as on the original server. 10 sec cd reduction should work the same as 2h and snb spec.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Nishka
Suspended

Re: Make tanks great again.

Post#2 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 pm

I second the second. Making 2h KOTBS more viable by making shield kotbs... maybe not less viable, but more boring and reducing his active impact on the fight... Feels wrong
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

PlagueMonk

Post#3 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:25 pm

Alubert wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 pm 1. Each class has access to: melee power, ranged power, magic power, healing power but no tanks. I urge you to restore justice and give the old "fortitude" statistic as on the original server ( 1 tougnes = 1 fortitude). For example, like the defensive sets bonus instead of block (for 2h tanks is hopeless statistic).
2. Once again, I want to consider that ktb / chosen super punt tactic should work as on the original server. 10 sec cd reduction should work the same as 2h and snb spec.
Not really sure how this is going to make Tanks great again considering KotBS is ALREADY part of the meta. Sure it will make us tankier but no more or less wanted imho. I understand you want 2h spec to be more viable but what about the SM and IB? Would really be nice if ALL the tanks were equally wanted in groups. (plus I think IB should have the best punt considering they are always swinging UPwards to hit all you tall ones :D )

nuadarstark

Post#4 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:42 am

Tanks are already great and wanted everywhere. Knight being one of the best among them. I don't understand this post. Seems like you just want the solo 2h meme spec to be more viable...

I could get it if we were talking giving IBs some love, as that class is just mechanically clunky, but Knight? What? Knights and SMs are absolutely fine.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:24 am

We dont need fiddling around the edges. Too much cc and punts makes for a very annoying game. Tanks are for guarding dps harrassing the enemy and absorbing enough damage for the the dps to send enemy to palookaville. I bail on scenarios where it is constant stunt punt stagger its just infuriating and extremely tedious. Let people battle it out not this disjointed cc nonsense that turns the game into a borefest.

Cutabove 88 snb sm

Nishka
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:27 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:24 am We dont need fiddling around the edges. Too much cc and punts makes for a very annoying game. Tanks are for guarding dps harrassing the enemy and absorbing enough damage for the the dps to send enemy to palookaville. I bail on scenarios where it is constant stunt punt stagger its just infuriating and extremely tedious. Let people battle it out not this disjointed cc nonsense that turns the game into a borefest.

Cutabove 88 snb sm
Being a passive meatshield makes a borring gameplay though.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Sofong

Post#7 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:10 pm

tanks are not fine with the insane armor pen everyone has and all resist based ability and new guard mechanic, as lowbie tanks likely die faster than the target u guard.

Nezeb

Post#8 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:29 pm

2H kotbs needs rework more than the other 2h tanks, he is, to put it mildly, miserable

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Make Destruction tanks great again:

Fix Rampage to give X/X Parry/Block Strikethru rather than just making your attacks Undefendable. Currently, when Order sets up a Slayer funnel it is essentially like Destruction has no tanks. Which means we have no MDPS because they need the Guard, and when a Slayer with Rampage hits someone that has been Guarded the Guard dmg in turn becomes undefendable meaning the tank takes a double whammy of undefendable dmg.

oaliaen

Post#10 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Nezeb wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:29 pm 2H kotbs needs rework more than the other 2h tanks, he is, to put it mildly, miserable
RoR dont work whit mirrors ... so yea, while slayers have rampage Chosen has damage..deal whit it and enjoy.