Recent Topics

Ads

[WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: Which changes would you preffer?

Armor debuff procs stack.
17%
50% haste on hit.
40%
Let the class die and be a joke and be hate by its own commuty in scenarios, city etc
43%
Total votes: 60

yoluigi

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#11 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:24 pm

Snoxx wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 pm Some salvation-spec WPs use the Divine Justice tactic.
It's actually a nice damage boost for the group.

But why salv-spec? Because that's the only WP spec where you can "waste" a tactic slot for that.
(and also have leftover spec-points since you only need to spec into the salv-tree and basically need nothing from the other trees)

A wrath WP simply cannot afford the tactic slot.
He needs to run with Divine Fury, Hastened Divinity, Fanaticism and Guilty Soul.
All 4 of them are must-have tactics. There are no other viable options.

If Bludgeon gets changed to somehow replace the haste tactic that might help free up a tactic slot, but I don't think that's the way to go.

Personally, I'd rather have Divine Strike back to AP instead of RF, or a weaker version of Sigmars Radiance available in 2-hand mode instead.

You don't really need Bludgeon (as anytimer core skill). There are enough wrath dps skills for a damage rotation already. Bludgeon is only a starter skill for the early low-levels and becomes useless once you level up. That's ok. I don't even have it on my hotbar.
The problem is i dont think the dev want to bring sigmar radiance back and divine strike dont procs guilty soul(let's be real its not really good compare to radiance which say did 500 dmg and gave back 1k life) Best case scenario would be to bring the old version of sigmar radiance back for 2h.

Ads
Snoxx

Post#12 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:42 pm

Again, you don't need Bludgeon to proc Guilty Soul. There are enough other (and better!) wrath skills already.

Bloodmasked

Post#13 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:03 am

giving aoe detaunt to dps class that can already heal itself is pointless

giving armor debuff is pointless because it removes synergy between classes

dps wp and dps dok should not be run of the mill dps classes, primarily they do sustained dmg and have their execute and can heal their allies/self alot.

its not hard to manage RF/soul essence at all.

yoluigi

Post#14 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:16 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:03 am giving aoe detaunt to dps class that can already heal itself is pointless

dps wp and dps dok should not be run of the mill dps classes, primarily they do sustained dmg and have their execute and can heal their allies/self alot.

Dok dps perform better than wp dps they got better ap management and can ap drain. go fight a full sov guy with 70% parry and tell me it's not hard keep RF up.
Unless you fighting conqueror/vanq yeah it's easy.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:22 am

hmm
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bloodmasked

Post#16 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:28 am

yoluigi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:16 am
Bloodmasked wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:03 am giving aoe detaunt to dps class that can already heal itself is pointless

Dok dps perform better than wp dps they got better ap management and can ap drain. go fight a full sov guy with 70% parry and tell me it's not hard keep RF up.
WP is not a dps class it is a support class

Gareul

Post#17 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:56 am

Then give Wrath back more support utility or give them some unique to the spec you cant use that stupid argument its "support" to keep it weak in all aspects.

Bloodmasked

Post#18 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:06 am

sigmar's shield is obviously meant for shield WP, not dps WP. sigmar's shield does a sustained heal at the cost of 100 RP, whereas you can divine assault for over 5000 healing at the same 100 RP cost. shield WP can sustain their RP because they are the healing melee spec, dps cannot easily sustain RP because they are focused on dealing damage.

if i wanted to play WP dps i would use this spec unless nobody has a heal debuff or aoe snare. i think people are trying to take every ability in the spec trees available and expecting it to be viable, that doesn't always work so easily.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4160,4187
Last edited by Bloodmasked on Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#19 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:10 am

making the core damaging ability just give yourself 50% AA is non-sensical, you may aswell just increase the AA of all WP 2handed hammers.

the tactic procs of crit meaning you have to stack crit if you want to effectively burst down enemies by proccing your 50% AA asap when you select a target to kill.

i don't even use the ability to give myself extra soul essence on my dps dok because my core healing ability, divine assault is same for doks, costs 100 resources and has 5 second downtime. in that 5s downtime i should have easily hit a few people to gain 100 resources again.

Bloodmasked

Post#20 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:22 am

yoluigi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:16 am

its not hard to keep RF up just walk behind them for 0% parry