Recent Topics

Ads

First time Warhammer Online player

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
mpelley92

First time Warhammer Online player

Post#1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi everyone. I found this game through a friend of mine who recommended it as an alternative to WoW Classic. I was tempted to try that game again, since I was a pretty frequent player during the Burning Crusade expansion, but quit halfway through the life of WotLK. My friend suggested this game because it was similar to WoW of the same era, and in some ways better. RvR's are quite unique and I'm glad I'll finally get an opportunity to try this community's rendition of Warhammer Online.

I registered many months ago, but never had the opportunity to try it until now. I'm happy to be here and I hope this game gives me a nostalgia trip of a time where MMO's were slower-paced and community supported.

Cheers!

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Re: First time Warhammer Online player

Post#2 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:13 am

First thing is to remember is pvp based very unlike wow. Starter classes for a complete to make the job easy. Order Tank Kotbs is least difficult to master though not best good newcomer class. Mdps slayer very high damage reliant a lot on healer support and tank guard. Rdps Engineer has a real box of trick very adaptable damage is good a real tank killer or sniper. Heal Wp or RP are generally the most favoured wp having good survivablility buffing and group healing skill RP mobile burst healing regarded by majority as the better healer in the game. Destro Tank Chosen easy to master can be 1h snb or dps 2h. Mdps Choppa similar to slayer good damage but needs support. Ranged magus good aoe and st damage. Heal Zealot or dok similar to rp and wp.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:16 am

Get a guild Lowbie friendly ones Order try Order Biased if NA or EU Fog of War. Destro Odyssey or Vlos Vleldrun are mixed international and lowbie friendly.

Cutabove 88 SM

wonshot

Post#4 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:32 am

Welcome to RoR!
While it is a holy trinity (tank, healer damagedealer archtype) MMO like WoW it does have some big differences as you for sure will encounter soon enough.
This game has a big world that is vast, go check out all of the 3 racial war pairings in both Realm Vs Realm and pve.
Resourcemanagement is not as big of a thing here, you can spam more stuff and recover your actionpoints, also dieing in fundamentially part of this game. Ressing or being resurrected is part of the game with not too harsh mechanics, dont die for nothing but death will find you :P

The classes/careers are very unique and back from a time when not everything had to be balanced perfectly, some classes has X others have Y. Together as a realm both sides have their strenghts and weaknesses, teamplay and coordination is what makes this game standout for most who love it.

Play how you want, and when you want. It is free :) Take it for what it is, a lost game you have the option to try out, and it has been improved alot since it closed down officially.
But more than anything, it is adviced to play with others. Go find a guild or joing public groups to make contacts and ask questions.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Paxsanarion

Post#5 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:03 pm

Welcome! Its a great game, I have played many MMO's through the years and this is by far my favorite both in lore and playstyle. Have fun!