Recent Topics

Ads

make shields diyable

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Haskr

make shields diyable

Post#1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:50 am

would be cool!! :D :) :o

Ads
MMXX43

Re: make shields diyable

Post#2 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:58 am

+ and weaponry

sgtnanners

Post#3 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:10 pm

+ and squig armor
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

knick

Post#4 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:38 pm

i would like to chose the armor color of my WL pet like i can chose the name. something like .petcolor #000000 for black or so
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

space44

Post#5 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:32 pm

i agree with dyeing shields and weapons
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

StrongUn

Post#6 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:31 pm

sgtnanners wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:10 pm + and squig armor
You can change your squig armor colour by changing the char face.

Every squig herder face has a different colour

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=24852

sgtnanners

Post#7 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:53 am

yeah but it would be cool if you could just dye the squig armor itself :O same with WL pets I agree bring some variety.
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

Esperflame

Post#8 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:18 am

Not gonna lie, I pick the best looking shield skin I can find that matches the colors I paint my tanks.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Ads
space44

Post#9 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:18 am

Esperflame wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:18 am Not gonna lie, I pick the best looking shield skin I can find that matches the colors I paint my tanks.
chosen imo is harder to find good shields so dyeing them can help match things easier
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:16 am

Ofc it would be cool, and if we haven't done it... there is probably a reason :p.

I'm pretty sure there was a dyable SH weapon -pretty unique- on live. If anyone has infos on it, maybe could we analyse it and make this step. But actually, weapons are not made in client to be dyable sadly, and adding this functionnality isn't possible if it doesn't follow a functionnality of the client. (and not following what the client can do isn't super easy, else, many graphical enhancement would have been done, like introducing normal maps, new shaders...)

About modifying/adding dyable areas on armors (consider armor as a body part, like a mount, a pet, a npc, a monster... > An animated model). Well in fact it is possible, but because of encryption/conversion file format of armor textures, the process is pretty rough to be done in a fluent way (but it isn't impossible).