Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorcerer] Sub-par skills?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
teiloh

Re: [Sorcerer] Sub-par skills?

Post#21 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:39 am

emiliorv wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:19 am
teiloh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:32 pm Gloom of Night, if made instant, would be by far the strongest DOT and most damaging GCD in the game.
Why? (with reduced dmg/duration)
It depends on how much these are reduced by. If it's made to be like ID it'd tick 2-4 times vs 5 and damage would likely go down quite a bit. If I were to change Sorcs:

1. Shades of Death, increase damage or allow crit, but with internal ICD (1s). Ticks should probably average around 500.
2. Absorb Vitality. Have a damaging first tick.
3. Black Horror, make this a chaining/leaping attack with a 2s cast. Hits your target and then jumps to the next one within 20 feet that isn't CC'ed after .5 seconds, for up to 9 jumps. Add 10s CD.
4. Obsessive Focus, heals you for a small amount each time you damage victim, 30s cooldown, drops when target dies.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#22 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:46 am

ID does much more damage then GON ;)

Secondary effect: makes slayer much less effected by challenge
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

teiloh

Post#23 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:58 am

Bozzax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:46 am ID does much more damage then GON ;)

Secondary effect: makes slayer much less effected by challenge
GON also procs and clears challenge every tick. From what I hear from Slayers and Sorcs, ID does less damage per tick and does fewer ticks but has a higher radius.

Bozzax

Post#24 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Lul no not even close
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

teiloh

Post#25 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:14 pm Lul no not even close
Feel free to test it. GON hits harder than Ice Spikes.

High rank Slayers tell me their IDs avg 200-350.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:00 pm

teiloh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:51 pm

ID procs every 2 secs and GON every 3 secs => so maybe each tick hits harder but for dmg-over-time are not so different.
Right now there are much differences between that 2 spells, the core mechanic is the same but much different in mastery tree/casttime/CD/radius/duration/dmg

merfp27

Post#27 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Hey folks,
I’m just going to float some ideas out here. Regardless of what people think of them, I think it would be a good idea to get our collective thoughts together and submit a formal proposal for some changes to the class.

Path of Agony needs a complete overhaul.
Single target DD line and yet everything had a CD except Doombolt. It needs a spammable DD with a low cast time.
The tactics in the tree don’t really provide any benefit toward the line save for Swell of Gloom and that’s pretty meh.

Recover energy- what’s the point really when there’s already devour energy which is core and it’s not like anyone every slot that either. We need something else something that affects our disarm or snare and moved up to the tree to TTDs spot.

Echo of Power- should be core and a speccable DD can take its place. Or it can be reworked into a toggle that mimics flashfire to some degree.

TTD- A small bubble proc that relies on a damage proc that your group mates must proc. Are there any other tactic that functions this way?
Move it to first tactic slot and make it 25% to proc on damage with any Agony spell. ICD 5-10sec.

ID- Good

Swell of Gloom- as I said before it’s meh.. I’d personally like to see Infernal Gift reworked to somehow benefit the whole group and have it replace swell of gloom to bring some more group utility to the agony tree. You’ve already started down that path with TDD, why not expand on it.

SoD- It’s pretty ridiculous that a 14pt skill has remained so shitty for as long as it has.
Pluck SoD out from here and move it to GoNs spot, move GoN to SKs spot, and then move SK to SoDs and have SK mimic FBB.
At the same time continuing along with the whole Agony group utility thing, SoD could also just get a boost on stacks or damage and work pretty well on an assist train.

Bozzax

Post#28 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:44 pm

In reality you 100% off the mark (real numbers in RvR)

Also feel free to ask high rank Slayers how much % of damage that comes from proc and compare it to a high level choppa.
Last edited by Bozzax on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#29 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:44 pm

In reality you 100% off the mark (real numbers in RvR)

I don't know about the damage Slayers normally do with ID, but teiloh is right that GoN hits harder than Ice Spikes, and that is without taking into consideration that GoN can proc Frozen Touch and Ice Spikes cannot.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Bozzax

Post#30 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 pm

Not outside of theory world,

10a cd vs clns, ppl not in 20ft range (unless they sit in a ring around a campfire and sing).

Bottom line Ice spikes add aoe pressure and GoN is a waste of time mostly. ICE can be used around rotations on the move while GoN=standing still and applying a slow dot while giving other side plenty of time to heal up fully ;)