Recent Topics

Ads

Run Away!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
titaniummushroom

Run Away!

Post#1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:44 am

This ability is extremely strong but one of two things is wrong.

Either A) It's incorrectly programmed and should break on ability use as it is essentially an escape ability.

or B) it's a versatile escape ability / gap closer / kiting ability in which case, it's incorrectly named should be called "Run Somewhere!" or something along those lines.

Either way. I think the answer should be A.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Run Away!

Post#2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:30 am

Check the patchnotes. It was just nerfed (a bit).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

titaniummushroom

Post#3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:33 am

It was. And no one actually noticed in game.

Sofong

Post#4 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:53 am

i always suggest lets take away run away and all teleport abilities for a week and see how it goes.

Ysaran

Post#5 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:11 am

No one noticed the change because the problem with RUN AWAY! is just inside ppl head. Who know how to kite can do it even without the tactic, on the other hand ppl who don't know how to play will always find an excuse for his inadequacy.
Zputadenti

titaniummushroom

Post#6 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:11 am

that's actually a great suggestion. which means it will probably never be seriously considered but doesn't negate the fact that it's simply brilliant.

the "nerf" if you can call it that, to Run Away, was one of those things that briefs well as a "look! we did something for balance" that in all practicality, has no impact on real gameplay.

It's one of those theory craft changes that has no impact on ACTUAL rvr, which as we all know, is the point of the game. But i'm not surprised. Whoever made that change should run for office, brilliant way of saying something and accomplishing nothing.

titaniummushroom

Post#7 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:12 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:11 am No one noticed the change because the problem with RUN AWAY! is just inside ppl head. Who know how to kite can do it even without the tactic, on the other hand ppl who don't know how to play will always find an excuse for his inadequacy.
no, the problem with run away is run away.

Ysaran

Post#8 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:16 am

titaniummushroom wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:12 am
Ysaran wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:11 am No one noticed the change because the problem with RUN AWAY! is just inside ppl head. Who know how to kite can do it even without the tactic, on the other hand ppl who don't know how to play will always find an excuse for his inadequacy.
no, the problem with run away is run away.
Ok, bro. If you say so
Zputadenti

Ads
noobwarrior

Post#9 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:21 am

i play without this tactic and it is difficult but it works

Ysaran

Post#10 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 am

noobwarrior wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:21 am
i play without this tactic and it is difficult but it works
I play without the tactic since long time. it isn't that difficult. just pre-hot yourself and if you get cought just punt+snare+flee+ap pot and back to healing
Zputadenti