Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Akalukz

Re: I'm going to be blunt - Squig Herder is absolutely broken.

Post#81 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:49 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:44 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:27 pm
Akilinus wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:25 pm

idk you are the one complaining that there are no drawbacks to rsh. While they get out ranged by all the other rdps classes meaning that you have to risk more to get in range.
It's exactly the same range as a skirmish SW or changing magus right? or Havoc? 65' isn't exclusive to the rSH. For that matter you still have access to Big Shooting skills were as the SW must change stances to hit thiers.
Skirmish SW:
Broadhead arrow 100ft
Spiral-fletched arrow 100ft
Acid arrow 100ft

Changing Magus:
Daemonic reach +25% range
Pink horror +25% range

I wouldn't call that "exactly the same range" ;)
BHA – 100 ft
Take Down – 65
Spiral – 100’
Flank – 65’
Lileath’s 65’
Barrage – 40’
Sting – 65’
Flame – 65’

If you run Split arrow BHA and Spiral go to 65;

So actually - 40' - 65'
-= Agony =-

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#82 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:49 pm
Spoiler:
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:27 pm

It's exactly the same range as a skirmish SW or changing magus right? or Havoc? 65' isn't exclusive to the rSH. For that matter you still have access to Big Shooting skills were as the SW must change stances to hit thiers.
Skirmish SW:
Broadhead arrow 100ft
Acid arrow 100ft

Changing Magus:
Pink horror +25% range

BHA – 100 ft
Take Down – 65
Spiral – 100’
Flank – 65’
Lileath’s 65’
Barrage – 40’
Sting – 65’
Flame – 65’

So actually - 40' - 65'
Split arrow BHA and spiral are aoe build which rSHs were denied in rework.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Akalukz

Post#83 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:56 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:52 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:49 pm
Spoiler:

Skirmish SW:
Broadhead arrow 100ft
Acid arrow 100ft

Changing Magus:
Pink horror +25% range

BHA – 100 ft
Take Down – 65
Spiral – 100’
Flank – 65’
Lileath’s 65’
Barrage – 40’
Sting – 65’
Flame – 65’

So actually - 40' - 65'
Split arrow BHA and spiral are aoe build which rSHs were denied in rework.
Because thier AoE is in mele. Where as SW is not. Just saying 65' isn't exclusive to rSH, all ranged classes deal with it. Gas squig automatically makes it 80' for SH. EDIT: I didn't bring range into it, just stated there were few if any draw backs or downside to playing a SH unlike any other DPS class
-= Agony =-

NSKaneda

Post#84 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:00 pm

Buffed 80ft =/= base 100ft. Sure, aoe is melee on Herders right now and they traded range for burst and additional utility. I'd be happy to get old utility range back giving up rKD ;)

But it's not about 1:1 mirroring just as it's not about solo roaming. You've nerfed range and survivability of rSHs, maybe quit while you're ahead?
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Crumbs

Post#85 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:29 am
Crumbs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:13 am SH is literally a frankenstein abomination and has just about every classes' best abtilies and even more of its own unique abilities on top of that. For lack of better words it is completely **** retarded. I don't need to go into detail as to why
SO said the guy who plays a defensive Engi that can basicly melt everything including tanks in 6vs6 plays. Not easy mode enough for you as it is?
Its not defensive and it meticulously planned out and geared and specced, and requires a lot of coordination, I dont just go in and melt everything. And tell me the number of engis you see pulling that off in ranked? and are they running that spec in city? maybe roaming? maybe scs? no. I play my class **** well and thats how I do it, not because engi yadaya mouthwash. You cant say the same about the 100 squig herders all doing the same **** in every kind of content, **** off with that bs.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Firebird

Post#86 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:24 pm

I got ganked by a SH hotline:
1-800-555-waah

Neverever

Post#87 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:46 pm

Crumbs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:40 pm
Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:29 am
Crumbs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:13 am SH is literally a frankenstein abomination and has just about every classes' best abtilies and even more of its own unique abilities on top of that. For lack of better words it is completely **** retarded. I don't need to go into detail as to why
SO said the guy who plays a defensive Engi that can basicly melt everything including tanks in 6vs6 plays. Not easy mode enough for you as it is?
Its not defensive and it meticulously planned out and geared and specced, and requires a lot of coordination, I dont just go in and melt everything. And tell me the number of engis you see pulling that off in ranked? and are they running that spec in city? maybe roaming? maybe scs? no. I play my class **** well and thats how I do it, not because engi yadaya mouthwash. You cant say the same about the 100 squig herders all doing the same **** in every kind of content, **** off with that bs.
There are many other engies run the same build and some do it even better than you do. Can't blame those who don't run it since it is boring like ****.. Lol so let me see if I understood it correct. When the class you play performs well it is your unmatched talent and ability but all other classes who perform well are retarted since they require no skill and the only reason they perform well is that they are overpowered and easy mode? haha I bet you think what you do is rocket science? Some people literally live in a pixel world.

DoomedDragon

Post#88 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:47 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:00 pm Buffed 80ft =/= base 100ft. Sure, aoe is melee on Herders right now and they traded range for burst and additional utility. I'd be happy to get old utility range back giving up rKD ;)

But it's not about 1:1 mirroring just as it's not about solo roaming. You've nerfed range and survivability of rSHs, maybe quit while you're ahead?
The aoe rSW used to have 99ft, with a tactic. Instead we got some armor penetration tactic during the rework, putting the aoe build permanently in 65ft range.
So we all got nerfed with the range, at least you can get it up to 80ft?

Ads
teiloh

Post#89 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:47 pm

farng84 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:51 am Lol mate it's not negative criticism, both he and I are trying to say that we read (although you assumed I didnt) your post, but after seeing the screen, it seems like your focus is actually more about the pet damage than about its utility.
That is why I said your first point would have been better presented if you just said pet does A and B plus contribute to X% to your dmg, which is unbalanced because...

But like I stated before, just a personal opinion, if you think the post it's clear, it's good
Yeah I still don't think you understand. The entire point was to show that pet damage is decent enough (it's not really too strong) that it doesn't justify giving it a better passive than what a SW gets from a stance. This isn't necessarily a call for pet buffs to be nerfed, but rather pointing out how it's out of balance with Scout stance as well as WL stance bonuses.

Personally I'd just buff SW stance bonuses.

PlagueMonk

Post#90 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:12 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:10 am
Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:53 am
Nekkma wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:34 am They should never have been given ranged kd to begin with. Ranged kd always was a bullshit skill but it was tolerable given it was on a subpar class in SW (not counting morale abilities here).

Rsh seem fine in groupfight but less so smaller engagements. I think balance is off when a sh do more burst during their kd than a assassin type class like WE (this is my experience playing an AM in vanq). From range and unkitable no less. WE, WH and WL seem very lackluster in comparison.
SO it was tolerable when only 2 order classes had it and not when given one to the destro side with 65ft ? Not happy to deal a bullshit which has always been there for Destro then ? Epitome of bias? Exaggerations don't make thing more real just to make you know.
I am a destro main since 2008 so you can drop the order bias. Destro should never have gotten rkd or pounce and most certainly should not have run away nerfed.

Edit: RSH will for sure be toned down just as the guardian WL ended up beeing despite a significant part of WL players claiming everything was fine with it.
Except will they take their time? Only took them 3 days to repeatedly nerf the SW buffs back down to pretty much where they were before but this SH "fix" has gone on for weeks now. I even heard rumors they were goind to ADD another ability to them in the next patch /rolls eyes.

And yes, they are stupid OPed broken now. I know because I have been on the receiving end of those buffs and it's ridiculous the damage they can output.