Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorcerer] Sub-par skills?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Caduceus

Re: [Sorcerer] Sub-par skills?

Post#31 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 pm Not outside of theory world,

10a cd vs clns, ppl not in 20ft range (unless they sit in a ring around a campfire and sing).

Bottom line Ice spikes add aoe pressure and GoN is a waste of time mostly. ICE can be used around rotations on the move while GoN=standing still and applying a slow dot while giving other side plenty of time to heal up fully ;)

Disagreed.

GoN has many advantages, like having 80ft range and being able to hit targets out of LoS. With Frozen Fury it deals significantly more damage than Ice Spikes. The 2-sec cast time can be restrictive, but that all depends on the setting.

That doesn't mean Ice Spikes is useless. It's a great spell, especially with Chilling Gusts. Ideally you'd cast both to backload AoE pressure.

I always use GoN in my RvR AoE specs, so I'm not sure why you assume I haven't tested these things in practice.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
teiloh

Post#32 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 pm Not outside of theory world,

10a cd vs clns, ppl not in 20ft range (unless they sit in a ring around a campfire and sing).

Bottom line Ice spikes add aoe pressure and GoN is a waste of time mostly. ICE can be used around rotations on the move while GoN=standing still and applying a slow dot while giving other side plenty of time to heal up fully ;)
With the sheer amount of Curses Destro craps out, it's not getting cleansed, especially since Order's CD reducers aren't great.

Good thing you can use both Ice Spikes and GoN since one is core and they're in the same tree.

Aezron

Post#33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Another tactic I have been thinking a bit about is the "Recover Energy" (RE) tactic, 3 points into the Agony tree.
It is basically useless right now, as it is worse than the baseline tactic Devour Energy (DE) - and no one uses that one either.

RE: When you damage with Agony spell, 25% chance to get 50 AP. 3 second ICD. (50/3=16.66 AP/S)
DE: When you damage with any spell, 25% chance to get 30 AP. 2 second ICD. (30/2=15 AP/S)

They are basically the same powerwise, but DE procs on any attack and is baseline, while RE only procs on Agony spells and is 3 pt into the tree.

I had 2 ideas:

The first idea is in line with the Sorcerer being "drain" focused (see Agony M4 Soul Stealer, Calamity 13pt spell Absorb Vitality) while also taking inspiration from the existing 7 pt Agony tactic Tapping The Dark, and also a bit from BW 3 pt tactic Searing Vitality.
New 3 pt Agony tactic:
- When your Frozen Touch triggers for you, you heal yourself for the damage dealt.

This would amplify the Sorcerers' drain and steal vitality focus, while also focusing the tree's tactics a bit more around Frozen Touch.

The second idea reinforces the idea of Dhar/Dark Magic being used forcefully against your opponent, while also taking inspiration from the BW 11pt tactic Burn Through.
New 3 pt Agony tactic:
- For every 10 Dark Magic, your spells have 2% less chance to be defended against.

Works against block and disrupt. So at 10 Dark Magic, this would give 2% reduced chance to be defended against. At 50 DM, 10%. At 100 DM, 20%.
Keeping in line with the Dark Magic lore, and also works/scales with the class mechanic Dark Magic.

I don't think simply buffing RE power level is enough, as it is the effect itself that is not necessary for the Sorcerer. It should be changed into something useful.
What do you think?