Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gurf

Re: I'm going to be blunt - Squig Herder is absolutely broken.

Post#151 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:04 pm

knick wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:13 am yesterday i had a few fights with a mSH also RR80+ with nearly same equipp like my WL Souv and Warlord mix. It was even he won some fights i won some fights when we meet in the zone. So actual with right skillung and mechanic a mSH can be as strong as WL in burst dmg.
Also same player had an encounter with 1 WP 1 WH and 1 BW all lvl 40. He killed the BW and the WH used "Kaboom" an nearly killed the WP by kiting.
And here begins the problem for me. mSH can have the same burst as a WL and als be good in kiting. Combined with all this CC and CC control is over the top.

Well yes exactly, it has very good single target damage, all it needs in its party is a BO or Choppa to do top end aoe damage. It has more CC than any other class, more survivability than any other dps class. The issue isn't that it is the best in slot for all these things it is that is can be very good at all of them all at once.

It would be nice if they made all the other classes like this but I don't agree that they should, dps classes should have to rely more on Tanks for CC and to bail them out when in trouble and healers to keep them alive if putting out good damage. You should have to pick spec so you have a natural enemy and something which counters you so there is always a threat. It makes it less of a team game if one class gets everything.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#152 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm

Charon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:53 pm
Neverever wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:44 pm Plix nerf OP SH...
OK i don't know who you are in this fight (are you there even), but..you just proved how op is shield dok in rs ...Iyvan and Opeteh (kudos mates) were able to heal dmg from 2 aoe dps- and 2 sm-s (off and utility). And Flooo played there well even engy can be hard counter to rsh in this format. In fact weak point in destro team was 1 of the black guards (dominator armour maybe?) afther that Iyvan and des group colapsed. Till we figured this out destro was winning. If Flooo had played msh the outcome could be different (especially if we would face Azeyune or other msh that que rs).
So sorry mate wrong pick for you ..troll or play better ...
Actually you, with your comment, proved his point. The OP used a SS to try prove a point, but many (like you and I) pointed out that a single SS of a SC scoreboards is just a useless data. Numbers without context mean nothing
Zputadenti

Charon

Post#153 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Spoiler:
Ysaran wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm
Charon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:53 pm
Neverever wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:44 pm Plix nerf OP SH...
OK i don't know who you are in this fight (are you there even), but..you just proved how op is shield dok in rs ...Iyvan and Opeteh (kudos mates) were able to heal dmg from 2 aoe dps- and 2 sm-s (off and utility). And Flooo played there well even engy can be hard counter to rsh in this format. In fact weak point in destro team was 1 of the black guards (dominator armour maybe?) afther that Iyvan and des group colapsed. Till we figured this out destro was winning. If Flooo had played msh the outcome could be different (especially if we would face Azeyune or other msh that que rs).
So sorry mate wrong pick for you ..troll or play better ...
Actually you, with your comment, proved his point. The OP used a SS to try prove a point, but many (like you and I) pointed out that a single SS of a SC scoreboards is just a useless data. Numbers without context mean nothing
This whole picture should not be even here ... The Rankeds format is so specific that its impossible to measure proper class balance there.....In fact from this perspective you should delete from the game BW and WH (its hard to win even singe match for those classes and more them in que the less order overall, im talking even about well know very good players here).

I mentioned msh status in rs mostly to show what this class can do. And yes rsh is this lucky destro char that has very strong build for 6v6, even top/op build - so msh, and ok rsh build (which of course depends of pt composition and players skill, rsw is in worse situation there). And again i can agree that sh is over buffed, but if i would point where exactly - its cc/survivability of msh combine still with high dmg - mostly. Its what i feel nothing more. More important is that its general viev of many ppl that are playing rs...Do you want to disagree?? Just watch closely Gravood or Swarz ( so experienced players) twitch.

btw if you might ask why there is so few rsh in rs....answer is simple why they should bother when they have msh option ....watch closely what Azayune or Hippity can do with this class and what benefits they brings to whole random dess pt.

And even i may disagree, i dont think, you should be worry about sh state ....... just saing
Last edited by Charon on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

teiloh

Post#154 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm Actually you, with your comment, proved his point. The OP used a SS to try prove a point, but many (like you and I) pointed out that a single SS of a SC scoreboards is just a useless data. Numbers without context mean nothing
Like I said, read the text. The screenshot was one sample of the Squig pet's damage, not to say it was too high or too low - but to say that it's adequate enough on its own that it shouldn't provide a better passive than a SW stance bonus.

I thought about it for a while and then realized a lot of the people who are angry about this screenshot probably very rarely do more than 100k damage in a scen and so it made them think I was trying to exaggerate numbers.

Ysaran

Post#155 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:13 pm

teiloh wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:43 pm
Ysaran wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm Actually you, with your comment, proved his point. The OP used a SS to try prove a point, but many (like you and I) pointed out that a single SS of a SC scoreboards is just a useless data. Numbers without context mean nothing
Like I said, read the text. The screenshot was one sample of the Squig pet's damage, not to say it was too high or too low - but to say that it's adequate enough on its own that it shouldn't provide a better passive than a SW stance bonus.

I thought about it for a while and then realized a lot of the people who are angry about this screenshot probably very rarely do more than 100k damage in a scen and so it made them think I was trying to exaggerate numbers.
I like you, you make me lough IRL every time.
Zputadenti

Topdude

Post#156 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 pm

I agree that SH is TOTALLY OP at the moment. It's only confirmed by the threads I've seen made by people that are playing the class and it doesn't take much more than seeing solo SHs camping order war camps or a SH & a shammy being a successful gank party.

titaniummushroom

Re: Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

Post#157 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Squig Herder's aren't a bit overtuned. They're horribly overtuned bordering on stupidity, incompetence or both.

I just had a fight with an SH that was able to kill me, 7k hp, in 7 seconds. What's worse however, is the fact that he is a combo mSH / quick shootin. Meaning he literally gets the best of both worlds. He get's the damage, range and stupidity of rkd (with no pre-req of course, in contrast to the "you must be behind your target" pre-req of mkd that WH has which rarely works without feinted positioning due to lag). Plus all the bonus of being a meatwad AND the ability to INSTANTLY switch between the two with no penalties whatsoever.

The people saying SH are fine, l2p blah blah blah, either never play against them, simply prefer ez mode, or possess an innate cognitive dissonance at a level which should predispose them to run for political office.

Kenshiken

Post#158 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:23 pm

Can we remove pounce from a WL already also?

Ads
normanis

Post#159 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:02 pm

yup agree remove pounce from wl and msquig. its would be fair
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

spraim

Post#160 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm

The strength of the squig is in its mobility and support from the pet. And it's his class mechanics that give him the opportunity for easy gank, the order has similar classes in the form of sw / wl / wh. If the squig was OP, all the dd slots in the wb would be occupied by it.