Recent Topics

Ads

FMJ lag

Let's talk about... everything else
lifeson

Re: FMJ lag

Post#11 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:56 pm

As most people are aware, most of the 'flavours' of lag and choppy performance in RoR are regular, semi-predictable and usually related to how many zones you have moved across, the population in the zone, how long you have been playing in that session and how long ago you deleted your cache and did a /rel or .v
It worsens gradually over time until you need to restart (you reach a point where it is so choppy and that lag spike every 4s or so is unbearable).

This particular one seems to be a severe freeze followed by a few frames and then extremely choppy (usually while you die due to not being able to control your character properly).
It can happen even in a zone with no 'normal' lag with a relatively low pop.
I can't believe there is any intentional foul play here regarding exploitation of game mechanics but the term FMJLag has become a sort of in-game meme to refer to this situation.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#12 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:31 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 pm
it is not a accusation of heresy just a discussion, no one is named and blamed
Are you sure about it? Then you would have left the guild tag away.
i did not make this thread i just shared my experiance :)

mathousalix6

Post#13 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:04 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:53 pm Try latest vinyui and its addon pack over other addons. Then, remove WSCT completly, already included combatxtnames does it better anyway (you can use tank profile for better performance despite what you're playing).
I have already tried these solutions :( .

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:17 pm

Guess I need to ban the entire guild and probably whoever is in their alliance for good measure.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

mathousalix6

Post#15 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:17 pm Guess I need to ban the entire guild and probably whoever is in their alliance for good measure.
Many people complain about this and it is breaking down the quality of the game. If it is indeed a problem for both sides as stated by people above (but I hardly doubt it because it only happens to that extent when this guild is present) then something should be improved regarding the lag during large aoe bombs. I don't know what, this is not my specialty . But there is clearly a problem here

Cabron101

Post#16 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:17 pm Guess I need to ban the entire guild and probably whoever is in their alliance for good measure.
Next survey?

Glorian

Post#17 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:36 pm

The FMJ lag is real.
As I have made the antilag guide I have everything in and done.

But as soon as the stutter starts you know FMJ is inbound.
No idea what is causing it though.

Winry

Post#18 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Jup yesterday in reikland the first fight we had was against FMJ the moment the fight started half the WB started lagging.

Ads
Gurf

Post#19 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:50 pm

All long term Order players know about the FMJ lag, its well known. They don't do it in City but it is noticeable in certain rvr situations.

I was told they do it by stacking a critical amount of buffs/debuffs on a player, which the server doesn't have the capacity to compute fast enough. I don't know how true this is, but was told this by an ex alliance member of theirs, they said it was reported to the Dev's many times but they said they couldn't reproduce it so don't investigate it any more.

There are probably normal lag situations where "FMJ Lag" is blamed and both sides lag out at certain situations where you get a critical mass of players, but also there are nights when you get no lag in a zone at all until you fight FMJ.

Xergon

Post#20 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:51 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:06 am Hi,

Is there any way I can reduce the lag when FMJ is around or is it something I have to get used to? I have already tried disabling some addons, putting graphics to "fastest framerate" and the other things proposed for fps drops in the forum but nothing works

That's what happen when u meet Enemy who actually does press abilities and target u and apply pressure. It works both ways.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube