Totally not a destro premade sneaking in solo sc

Let's talk about... everything else
jonspidy

Re: Totally not a destro premade sneaking in solo sc

Post#31 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:45 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:12 pm
jonspidy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:53 pm
emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:43 pm

mSH is OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps.
Before Nerf, Knight was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop them
Before Nerf, WL was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps
Before Nerf, SM was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps
Before Nerf, rSW/mSW was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps

By your logic all the nerfs were unwarranted and was clearly just a L2P issue for destro.
I cant tell you what was behind all those nerfs that you saying, ask devs for that or ask to the ppl that called for that nerfs.

The only ability that i see overtuned in order is rampage (after aoe cap increase and the change of guard mechanic)...even if its broken as hell, since is a underplayed class seems that is not causing too much issues.

Mostly of ppl calling for nerfs are solo-players or playing in pugs-unorganized wbs...
I can, it was droves of destro players who flooded the forums with whine posts about how "OP this skill is blah blah pounce"
Now that the tables have turned destro players have this notion that any class that is on their side that is clearly overtuned is not broken and its a "L2P" issue for order.

I'm not taking a swing at u personally but saying that a class is only OP against a certain type of player and can easily be countered by competent play is a bit hypocritical.
That exact same logic can be used against all the nerfs to those classes i stated before.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

Ads
Akalukz

Post#32 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Pug Scenario should never ever be a king of the hill type match with 1 point / objective.
-= Agony =-

Sundowner

Post#33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 pm

No scenario should ever be king of the hill tho :D

Sulorie

Post#34 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Because those sc force you to fight or surrender?
Dying is no option.

Sundowner

Post#35 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:19 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:14 pm Because those sc force you to fight or surrender?
Because they encourage blobbing and leave no room for tactical maneuvers and give no different approaches to overcoming enemy. Game enjoyment and most importantly skill do not boil down to having better lineup and mindless rushes.

zumos2

Post#36 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Sundowner wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:19 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:14 pm Because those sc force you to fight or surrender?
Because they encourage blobbing and leave no room for tactical maneuvers and give no different approaches to overcoming enemy. Game enjoyment and most importantly skill do not boil down to having better lineup and mindless rushes.
Objectives should force fights, not running around the map avoiding fights. If you don't wanna fight go play sim city or something.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Sundowner

Post#37 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 pm
Objectives should force fights, not running around the map avoiding fights. If you don't wanna fight go play sim city or something.
Fighting between 3 objectives and 1 is totally different thing. First requires better communication, planning and can have different approaches (i.e. rushing objectives with whole team or divide and fight on different objectives), while the second encourages only rushing 1 flag with a whole team which, in my opinion, is not fun. If you want standing and getting renown, go to etaine or caledor.

zumos2

Post#38 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Sundowner wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 pm
zumos2 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Fighting between 3 objectives and 1 is totally different thing. First requires better communication, planning and can have different approaches (i.e. rushing objectives with whole team or divide and fight on different objectives), while the second encourages only rushing 1 flag with a whole team which, in my opinion, is not fun. If you want standing and getting renown, go to etaine or caledor.
Combat is built around full groups, if there are two groups in a scenario, it makes 0 sense to have to split into more than 2 directions. For me scenarios are all about knowing you are going to get a fight in even numbers, therefor one objective does the trick.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
Detangler

Post#39 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:03 pm

The only thing I hate about one objective scenarios is when a good close fight happens where no one can dislodge the other, but one side was able to cap the flag and racks up points but that one tank just will not die. Scenario ends despite it being a close back and forth either cause one side was slow to rush flag at the beginning or one person was able to eek out a cap when enemy team left middle for a moment.

Make it so no one gets points if both occupy the flag, but increase cap point gain if you hold flag uncontested.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Neverever

Post#40 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:13 pm

Oh dear someone has died in a pug SC... Order seems to complain about almost anything nowadays.