Recent Topics

Ads

Rebalancing Attributes: A chance for more diversity

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
oaliaen

Re: Rebalancing Attributes: A chance for more diversity

Post#11 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:52 pm

wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 pm For Me somthing is wrony with crit chance. I got fs3 and in my combat log see a bit too many crit. U spend a lot rr into this, and i see 10 hits and 5 are crit.
Cause you cant deny enemy chance to crit. You can have -10% chance to be critted, but a 50% BW still have ( 50 - 10 ) 40% to crit you.

Ads
heybaws

Post#12 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:55 pm

It will be nice if you guys stop trying to reinvent the wheel already. There is plenty of things to do with the current game, and diversity in stat is not one of those.
So many dead builds, useless tactics, bug tracker is filled with years old stuff and you really wanna bother with THIS?

Drys

Post#13 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:57 pm

Personally, I don't like the idea of making talismans affect something other than raw stats.

However, I do see that some stats might benefit from tweaking to make them more attractive to stack. I think +crit/-crit might be an interesting way to do this. For instance:
  • Initiative now also increases chance to crit (melee, range, and magic)
  • Toughness now also reduces chance to be crit (moved here from initiative)
  • Willpower now also increases chance to heal crit
This makes the three less-stacked stats potentially more interesting.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Shanell

Post#14 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:12 pm

I am saying "yes". It looks interesting to be tried, and it's something new. If this will break something in game it always can be reverted.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

cimator

Post#15 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Interesting idea, but like Auran said TTK is high enough, no need for more power creep. And willpower toughness and wounds already work fine, I dont see any reason to buff them.

However, Initiative could use a small uility buff like, AP pool/regen or morale regen. Would be nice to see initiative more than 350 not being useless.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

wachlarz

Post#16 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm

Idrinth wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 pm For Me somthing is wrony with crit chance. I got fs3 and in my combat log see a bit too many crit. U spend a lot rr into this, and i see 10 hits and 5 are crit.
People can also spend on crit chance and get 30% or so on average added on to your chance to be crit. Not unexpected that you still see crits
So what point spending a lot rr if i got 30% with rr or 50% dont invest in fs3. Its so big numbers that dont make dif.
About topic, its good idea. But like other write some classes can stack a lot of main stat. So numbers should be balanced.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:25 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:52 pm
Cause you cant deny enemy chance to crit. You can have -10% chance to be critted, but a 50% BW still have ( 50 - 10 ) 40% to crit you.
Sure? Was this changed?
I think in your example the BW should have a 50% chance to crit you. If it doesn't work this way anymore, it should be changed that way.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

oaliaen

Post#18 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 pm

If you have negative chance to be crit , enemy will have his crit chance minus your negative chance.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:39 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 pm If you have negative chance to be crit , enemy will have his crit chance minus your negative chance.
So it doesn't not only work against +crit debuffs on you (kobs or ini debuff for example), but also directly against the crit chance of your enemy now? Ok.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

CountTalabecland

Post#20 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:43 pm

After guard dmg changes I think that sub-endgame gear tanks do need a survivability boost.

Or they could just revert guard changes.

No to speed buffs of any kind. Gobbos dont need to be faster.

Willpower already isn’t worth stacking and i dont think ppl would like it if it made WP/DoK even tougher.

I am in support of reducing crit across the board and lowering AoE damage as I would like fights to last longer and take more than random button mashing from stacked AoE classes to win. However, it is hard to balance where 6 man ranked takes 15 minute per kill and Wb v Wb where half the ppl die in 5-15 seconds.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.