Recent Topics

Ads

Rebalancing Attributes: A chance for more diversity

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Idrinth
Addon Developer

Re: Rebalancing Attributes: A chance for more diversity

Post#31 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Sponn wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 pmIf it aint broke, fix it anyway! LMAO
I'm wondering, when would the lack of initiative specced people be a problem in your opinion?
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Ads
Grock

Post#32 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Idrinth wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 pm
Sponn wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 pmIf it aint broke, fix it anyway! LMAO
I'm wondering, when would the lack of initiative specced people be a problem in your opinion?
Hopefully never ever :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ysaran

Post#33 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:29 pm

wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm
Idrinth wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 pm For Me somthing is wrony with crit chance. I got fs3 and in my combat log see a bit too many crit. U spend a lot rr into this, and i see 10 hits and 5 are crit.
People can also spend on crit chance and get 30% or so on average added on to your chance to be crit. Not unexpected that you still see crits
So what point spending a lot rr if i got 30% with rr or 50% dont invest in fs3. Its so big numbers that dont make dif.
About topic, its good idea. But like other write some classes can stack a lot of main stat. So numbers should be balanced.
on my shaman i have FS4 and -20% chance to be critted. i will not negate BW crit chance, but i can basicly ignore any dps that has less than 20% chance to crit. just to make an example: a rr50 slayer/wl in full conqueror, with subj weaps have maybe 24% crit chance.
Slotting FS doesn't help you mitigate damage directli, but makes many enemies less effectivor or even completly ignorable
Zputadenti

chakzo

Post#34 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:50 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:24 pm The ideas are very interesting, but no the the movement speed buff! everything else seems interesting
First that came up in my mind. Never the movement speed buff. Gamebreaking.

Whyumadbro

Post#35 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:00 pm

chakzo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:50 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:24 pm The ideas are very interesting, but no the the movement speed buff! everything else seems interesting
First that came up in my mind. Never the movement speed buff. Gamebreaking.
You are totally right here! Every Game that lets people increase their movementspeed will see major imbalances, in WoW Classic the movementspeed increases where mandetory for pvp like the carrot and the mithril spikes. In RoR wich is 99% PvP this would create Shamans and WE´s on Warpdust (Steroids )

wachlarz

Post#36 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:04 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:29 pm
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:16 pm
Idrinth wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm

People can also spend on crit chance and get 30% or so on average added on to your chance to be crit. Not unexpected that you still see crits
So what point spending a lot rr if i got 30% with rr or 50% dont invest in fs3. Its so big numbers that dont make dif.
About topic, its good idea. But like other write some classes can stack a lot of main stat. So numbers should be balanced.
on my shaman i have FS4 and -20% chance to be critted. i will not negate BW crit chance, but i can basicly ignore any dps that has less than 20% chance to crit. just to make an example: a rr50 slayer/wl in full conqueror, with subj weaps have maybe 24% crit chance.
Slotting FS doesn't help you mitigate damage directli, but makes many enemies less effectivor or even completly ignorable
fs4 cost is bit to high. I think better spend into ini

PlagueMonk

Post#37 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:01 pm

My biggest issue with this idea is, this would require a LOT of testing and tweaking since it would effect every single class in some way.

I would much prefer the Devs spend that time balancing classes and providing us NEW CONTENT.

Don't get me wrong though, I agree many stats are lackluster and or completely useless to some classes (imagine if an IB actually had a reason to spec Willpower?! :) ). It's just that in our current situation there are much bigger fish for our Devs to fry.

Drednes

Post#38 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:08 pm

damn these look interesting as hell! hope they do something as creative as this would spice the game up insanely! amazing!
Last edited by Drednes on Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
normanis

Post#39 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:43 pm

is there posibility revert willpower to full 100% distrupt? now its only 75% if i get it from forums
is there posibility to increase some races more core iniative? some races/clases has very less iniative and u need invest talismans/points so they become pair with athers. in my head comes ib and mara. or balance a bit around their core ungeared stats?
increase iniative important stat something it reduces crit damage and not to be crit. like 1 iniative 0,5 crit reduction and 0,5 to be crit. ( + passive dodge and see stealth)
some clases has very high crit damage tactics or like sorc/bw mechaniks. if i am wrong its just idea.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#40 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Toughness:
The lack of strength in defence is the drawback here. I propose upping the effectiveness slightly to make it more desireable:
- damage(as current)
+ health (1/Point)
- recieved crit bonus damage (-0.025%/Point)
this is bad for order good for shamans/bg(imagine all that crit reduction with 45% tough buff) + chosen order ib with tactic and kobs
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"