Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 29/01/2021

Post#121 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm

Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:03 pm
Secrets wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:58 pm
aa91837 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:54 pm
i'm talking about this nerf

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42971&hilit=git+em

imagine removing additional hit from CS?
CS and Git Em are functionally identical now. They both hit the target for four hits, 2 from the pet.

The 'nerf' you references is a tactic. WL doesn't even get that tactic.
Actually that's not entirely true both WL and its pet have more dmg than SH and squig. Yes functionally they are identical now but dmg-wise not. The tactic was a gap closer in that sense.
That's also false. SH gets 15% base damage from distance based damage increasers, and iirc 25% base damage from Territorial Aggression.

WL has to deal with absorbs as a majority of their damage comes from being able to critically hit their target or some sort of spiritual attack (Lionheart) and if they run their pet, they are FORCED to hit into absorbs with non-crits. Sure, WL might get the 50% increased crit damage, but they also are dependent on critting where SH is not.

FYI, 25% base damage, if it crits, is about the same as a consistent high-end crit. Criticals are only 35% to 55% more damage, with 55% being the high end. So if you have 40% increased damage, and that extra crit damage is hitting middle of the road (40%), you're hitting two multipliers that go on the base amount. This is applied to the base damage, barring mitigation.

That's not even counting the 7pc SH Sov bonus, which is a Boost proc that is leagues above WL's.

SH also has a naturally higher WS amount. WL has maybe, if they spec all RR into WS, about 500 in BIS gear. SH can easily hit 600-800 and still be /capped/ on strength (ballistic skill)

With the WL tactic, it's more, but it basically renders non-crits worthless. And if you're hitting a target you have 0% crit on, it's a HUGE loss.

Ads
Rumpel

Post#122 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:19 pm

soldude wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:25 pm
Rumpel wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:23 pm
soldude wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:12 pm no pounce after server restart. no Shadow leap now :roll:
Spoiler:
Hopefully a mistake?
bugged. gm said.
Really hope so. In two hours since server restart I had several situations i was missing pounce. I really got used to it.
Last edited by Rumpel on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

balvor877
Suspended

Post#123 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:20 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:04 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:59 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:57 pm

It sounds like a fix, not a nerf.
In high armor meta isn't spell damage better than physical damage?
In the current so called meta builds you aren't running OYG anyway, and a lot of players are wasting their time stacking armour. If it's not supposed to deal resistance based damage then it had to be fixed.
I do not agree. When they are mirroring everything then the chosen aura should have been changed as well. They kept it spirit damage which is obviously better than physical damage.

Not using it is no argument. The current meta uses mainly Slayer, WP, RP, knights? Good, remove the other classes. Not needed...

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#124 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:33 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:20 pm

In the current so called meta builds you aren't running OYG anyway, and a lot of players are wasting their time stacking armour. If it's not supposed to deal resistance based damage then it had to be fixed.
I do not agree. When they are mirroring everything then the chosen aura should have been changed as well. They kept it spirit damage which is obviously better than physical damage.

Not using it is no argument. The current meta uses mainly Slayer, WP, RP, knights? Good, remove the other classes. Not needed...
I mean... Chosen Aura should probably be changed if the tooltip does not mention spiritual damage. This was a bugfix based on a ticket. If Chosen's tooltip is wrong, feel free to report it. Pretty sure it explicitly mentions spirit on Bane Shield.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18386

zupaH

Post#125 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:33 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:36 pm
zupaH wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:30 pm I will enjoy the order tears, when people realize this isn't really a nerf to squig herder.

But it is!!! Crashing the game of order players with pushing a button is not in the arsenal anymore!!
No it's not. It's a sidegrade at best. 15% critdamage on a button that's not spammable, is barely a nerf. I guarantee you that you'll be crying when rSH's start pouncing away each time you attack them.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

zulnam

Post#126 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:36 pm

They are not mirroring everything. They are mirroring some abilities, for realm balance, as it should be.

And look, I'm all for giving knight a small boost. Hell, I will never accept that the Mighty Soul removal (NEVER FORGET :lol: ) was justified. But making your stand for On Your Guard? That's a weak platform even on a good day, my friend.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Karl

Post#127 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:38 pm

xanderous wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:00 pm -NEW: Shadow Leap: A 30 ft pounce 'opener' core ability that additionally snares your target on landing.

No one was asking for this but looking forward to the engie self punt, slayer and marra pounce, BW charge and so on that will no doubt follow.
BW charge would be epic! Pls let it leave a glowing skidmark! :)

Ramlaen

Post#128 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:39 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:33 pm

I mean... Chosen Aura should probably be changed if the tooltip does not mention spiritual damage. This was a bugfix based on a ticket. If Chosen's tooltip is wrong, feel free to report it. Pretty sure it explicitly mentions spirit on Bane Shield.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18386
The real issue with Discordant Fluctuations is that it already hit harder than On Your Guard while having no icd.
Last edited by Ramlaen on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#129 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:40 pm

Karl wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:38 pm
xanderous wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:00 pm -NEW: Shadow Leap: A 30 ft pounce 'opener' core ability that additionally snares your target on landing.

No one was asking for this but looking forward to the engie self punt, slayer and marra pounce, BW charge and so on that will no doubt follow.
BW charge would be epic! Pls let it leave a glowing skidmark! :)
LOL....epic

Sulorie

Post#130 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm

Why would you use OYG anyway apart from farming and padding sc numbers? I bet a knight will find more useful auras.
Dying is no option.