Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: Patch Notes 29/01/2021

Post#131 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm

Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:07 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:48 pm
Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:42 pm

SW can. Now move on.
Never ever quit what you're smoking. SW have core leap? SW have on move KD? SW have Armor Bonus, AoE Punt? Cooldown Increaser? hmm man I Need to go look at my mastery tree again.
We both know why you have neglected to quote your original post. To make it clear for everyone here is your original post.
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:04 pm It's like SH are are steriods. Range DPS / Tank / Melee DPS. Now they just need an AoE heal.
And yes SW can be Ranged DPS/ Tank / Melee DPS. Stop bellydancing.
Ah i see you just like drama. Not actual discussion
-= Agony =-

Ads
zupaH

Post#132 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:49 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Never ever quit what you're smoking. SW have core leap? SW have on move KD? SW have Armor Bonus, AoE Punt? Cooldown Increaser? hmm man I Need to go look at my mastery tree again.
We both know why you have neglected to quote your original post. To make it clear for everyone here is your original post.
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:04 pm It's like SH are are steriods. Range DPS / Tank / Melee DPS. Now they just need an AoE heal.
what do you aim to discuss? He's right you know. SW can be just as tanky, have sick ranged dps or be melee dps. It all depends on what you spec. You don't get that automatically as a squig either.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

Ramlaen

Post#133 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:51 pm

zupaH wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:49 pm

what do you aim to discuss? He's right you know. SW can be just as tanky, have sick ranged dps or be melee dps. It all depends on what you spec. You don't get that automatically as a squig either.
And a fraction of the CC/movespeed buffs. In the balance of offense, defense and utility SH are strong all 3 simultaneously.
Last edited by Ramlaen on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Akalukz

Post#134 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:52 pm

I am not saying they can't be tanky as in tough..they can't perform like a tank as in my original post that he also doesn't quote. In its entirety. No worries
-= Agony =-

zupaH

Post#135 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:51 pm
zupaH wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:49 pm
And a fraction of the CC/movespeed buffs. In the balance of offense, defense and utility SH are strong all 3 simultaneously.
what are you even talking about? the only thing that SH's have over SW's that's good is Run Away. If you're looking for straight up abilities that they have "access" too, SW's are very close behind. It's not as far as you're thinking. What utility are you talking about? KD on the move? yes. But it's shorter range and duration now. Rest depends on stances, just like SW.
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

zupaH

Post#136 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:02 pm

You sound like a person that gets farmed by good squig herders and react accordingly on the forums.
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

Paxsanarion

Post#137 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:59 pm
In high armor meta isn't spell damage better than physical damage?
Why would you use OYG anyway apart from farming and padding sc numbers? I bet a knight will find more useful auras.
Agree, I know the meta auras, its more just curiosity about the change is all. I would think it would be more useful to the Knight (bypassing armor? and knights damage being low as it is) and more in line with its name, being that it is a Knight of the Blazing Sun to use Elemental damage (heat being elemental?)....but if its a bug fix ...its all good :-) I am still learning :-)

Ramlaen

Post#138 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:09 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:05 pm and a majority of WL's damage was coming from an overtuned DoT that could crit someone for 2k regardless of toughness
"- Shattering Blow: This ability's Primary Stat Multiplier has been reduced back to its 1.4.8 values , and the base damage is increased instead. This allows the ability to scale better with mastery points and interact better with toughness, as other DoTs do."

Reducing the stat modifier would reduce the interaction with toughness, which is it supposed to be?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
sharpblader

Post#139 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:12 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:57 pm
Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:53 pm Devs really need to implement changes through empirical observation and experience rather than.... whatever metric they use

Pretty sure nobody was complaining about On Your Guard, but if it isn't broke, just change it anyway!

lol

Does this mean Discordant Fluctuation for Chosen is going to be changed from Spirit damage to Physical as well?

Probably not.

Nice "Balance"
Legit was on the tooltip as physical and client files, too. Someone, somewhere along the way made it elemental damage instead of physical in a 'stealth' change.
Thanks for confirming "stealth" changes exist.

Couldve added No Escape now deals 1200 dmg instead of 1800 to match BO Deafening Bellow in the patch notes. Or will that remain a "stealth" change? Or did I miss the patch note?

WTB Oppressing Blow/Vigilance update. Has the team concluded anything yet?

detrap

Post#140 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:26 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:20 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:04 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:59 pm

In high armor meta isn't spell damage better than physical damage?
In the current so called meta builds you aren't running OYG anyway, and a lot of players are wasting their time stacking armour. If it's not supposed to deal resistance based damage then it had to be fixed.
I do not agree. When they are mirroring everything then the chosen aura should have been changed as well. They kept it spirit damage which is obviously better than physical damage.

Not using it is no argument. The current meta uses mainly Slayer, WP, RP, knights? Good, remove the other classes. Not needed...
Let me know what knights use OYG for city outside of trying to strip bubbles or pad your stats. Also it scales with weapnskill now, so enjoy it with abilities like runefang.
Last edited by detrap on Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x