Recent Topics

Ads

Addon for: In-your-face alerts?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DR4296

Addon for: In-your-face alerts?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:29 pm

Greetings All !

I saw a Youtube video the other day where the player received these nice large, easy-to-read-font text alerts in the middle of their screen (well, just above their toon) when their health got low.

I don't keep an eye on my health as much as I should, so I thought that might come in handy. Anybody know of any Addon that does this?

And while I'm at it, are there any others out there that will put notifications "in your face" like that?

I know I have the MegaPhonePlusPlus addon, which nicely puts all Warband leader chat entries up like that (along with a sound alert)...and I just love having that! (Meanwhile, my friends, who don't run it are like.... "What? Leader said something?" <sigh>) So, I was just curious as to what all is out there for giving important notifications "front and center".

Thanks!

Ads
Noslock

Re: Addon for: In-your-face alerts?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:46 pm

DR4296 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:29 pm Greetings All !

I saw a Youtube video the other day where the player received these nice large, easy-to-read-font text alerts in the middle of their screen (well, just above their toon) when their health got low.

I don't keep an eye on my health as much as I should, so I thought that might come in handy. Anybody know of any Addon that does this?

And while I'm at it, are there any others out there that will put notifications "in your face" like that?

I know I have the MegaPhonePlusPlus addon, which nicely puts all Warband leader chat entries up like that (along with a sound alert)...and I just love having that! (Meanwhile, my friends, who don't run it are like.... "What? Leader said something?" <sigh>) So, I was just curious as to what all is out there for giving important notifications "front and center".

Thanks!
Aura addon

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#3 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:48 pm

Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

DR4296

Post#4 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:11 pm

sullemunk wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:48 pm InfoScroller?
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=42608#p453459
Hmmm... I probably need to update mine. I have version 0.5.

Thanks!

andy

Post#5 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 am

Noslock wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:46 pm
DR4296 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:29 pm Greetings All !

Thanks!
Aura addon
Problem with Aura addon is that it clears all your settings from time to time though.

Fenris78

Post#6 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:16 am

andy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 am Problem with Aura addon is that it clears all your settings from time to time though.
Put the Savedvariable.lua into read-only (after setting everything) and save the file for recovery. The wipe occurs only when entering a dungeon instance afaik.