Recent Topics

Ads

Focused Offense

Let's talk about... everything else
badoglio

Re: Focused Offense

Post#21 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:45 pm

MMR assassins using that tactic need to be banned from queuing ranked :?

Ads
zulnam

Post#22 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:03 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:31 am No need for hostility, if healers can be dps then why can tanks ??

That some can be extremely viable dps and some cannot speaks to a balance issue. It's good that OP raised this issue!
Well, they can't really. Healers and tanks have damage specs which turn them into a sort of hybrid; this is because they generally retain some utility, but also because the damage is low compared to pure dps classes.

It's okay if you want to play a 2H tank or a dps healer, but if you advertise yourself as "dps" you will attract the wrath of a lot of angry people (i don't know why they're angry, but they're always angry).

Also, the devs have made it clear on numerous occasions that 2H tanks are not meant to be strong in dps (again, because you still retain some survivability and utility even as 2H). So asking for an improved Focussed Offense is a pointless battle.

Personally I never use FO, not even when leveling a tank in 2H in scenarios (unless i have no better tactic). A good 2H tank's main focus should be support and harass.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Koryu199X

Post#23 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:22 pm

"Personally I never use FO, not even when leveling a tank in 2H in scenarios (unless i have no better tactic). A good 2H tank's main focus should be support and harass."

I agree totally Zulnam

M0rw47h

Post#24 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:45 pm

FO is something you speedrun dungeons with.

heybaws

Post#25 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:06 pm

We really need IQ test for every ranked newcomers

wachlarz

Post#26 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Like some1 wrote: focused offense tac its trap for newcommers xd

Asvaldr

Post#27 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:14 pm

Its not really BiS, but it brings an extra punt, cant be detaunted, double armor debuff, ET for punt parry/disrupt. Only MMR assassins would be the people who dont try and quit or afk, because they cant fathom anything not considered meta.
Spoiler:
Cerun
Artahe - Asvaldr
Not Very Good

Akilinus

Post#28 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:16 pm

All of a sudden I feel like gearing my order toons and playing some ranked
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Koryu199X

Post#29 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 am

zulnam wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:39 am
Koryu199X wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:58 am I agree, Ranked solo is about team work but the past ones I've watched players not focussing one target or focussing tanks, the issue is not people bringing lol specs but people actually making their team work and working as a team.

Would you say the issue is a lack of... Focussed Offense?

Good night, everybody!
(Chortle) I would totally agree on that one, yeah, teamwork makes the dreamwork and not enough players on both sides do it. It's like the current complaint by order on Phoenix gate, I see what they are saying with the whole distance. However, they have a very nice defensive setup on their side of the map and if they focused their defense effectively it would be very difficult as destro have a long run and then to face a staunch well organised defense they would struggle.

kirraha

Post#30 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:20 pm

Maybe if I stack willpower on my bo/sm I can que as a healer then?