Ads

Solution to gear gap?

Let's talk about... everything else
Noslock

Re: Solution to gear gap?

Post#21 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:42 pm

Adelmar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:39 pm
zulnam wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm
I agree with the PvE set ward requirement in that it feels like an antiquated system; i'm not sure anyone likes it really. It could be removed and, say, Gunbad set tweaked and the whole place turned into a 30-35 dungeon for leveling toons (iirc it was a pre-40 dungeon anyway, on live). No one really wants Redeye anyway, they do it for the ward.

Maybe the ward system will be looked at once they are close to releasing Lost Vale.
In my opinion, having the rvr sets give wards equal to the pve wards like live had could alleviate the nonsensical pve grind for higher wards/better gear when most simply salvage redeye/sentinel gear.
This

Ads
geezereur

Post#22 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:35 am

Adelmar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:39 pm
zulnam wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm
I agree with the PvE set ward requirement in that it feels like an antiquated system; i'm not sure anyone likes it really. It could be removed and, say, Gunbad set tweaked and the whole place turned into a 30-35 dungeon for leveling toons (iirc it was a pre-40 dungeon anyway, on live). No one really wants Redeye anyway, they do it for the ward.

Maybe the ward system will be looked at once they are close to releasing Lost Vale.
In my opinion, having the rvr sets give wards equal to the pve wards like live had could alleviate the nonsensical pve grind for higher wards/better gear when most simply salvage redeye/sentinel gear.
That would help alot.

Duukar

Post#23 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:05 am

They should really reduce the runs required for red eye and sentinel sets.

Then they should make getting full invader as easy as getting full conq.

This game is about Alts and fun. Grinding soooooo much for every alt just sucks. Grind for sovereign and WL are fine.

Sulorie

Post#24 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:10 am

Duukar wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:05 am They should really reduce the runs required for red eye and sentinel sets.

This game is about Alts and fun. Grinding soooooo much for every alt just sucks. Grind for sovereign and WL are fine.
They already reduced sentinel runs by half. What else do you want to reduce there?
3 times gunbad, if being unlucky, is a huge grind?
So you have limited time but expect to have a lot alts and because the farming for all of them takes a while, you want to speed up gear progression? I bet there are easier solutions.
Dying is no option.

detrap

Post#25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:12 am

There are rr80 players that still use conq and vanq, the bonuses can be better in some regards so it's easy to obtain decent gear and be effective, if you choose to pug a city in conq vs a pre-made sov warband that's on you, don't forget those guys had to go through the same grind, however it's easier now to earn medallions for you than it was for most of those who already have end game armour sets. What would be nice eventually is to have even more armour sets to choose from, which I presume is in the works anyway.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

yoluigi

Post#26 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:21 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:10 am
Duukar wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:05 am They should really reduce the runs required for red eye and sentinel sets.

They already reduced sentinel runs by half. What else do you want to reduce there?
3 times gunbad, if being unlucky, is a huge grind?
So you have limited time but expect to have a lot alts and because the farming for all of them takes a while, you want to speed up gear progression? I bet there are easier solutions.
What is the point of doing 3 times gunbad nobody gains from this.

diedrake

Post#27 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 am

Was having wards tied to both pve and pvp gear nice? Yes, but that isnt how these GMs want. If players want the current bis pve gear, have to grind it out. Only thing imo needs to change are the lock out timers. The lockouts are imo the most anoying thing to wait for. Cut those in half above gunbad and i dont think it be too bad.

Gear gap in this game isnt really that bad at all. Used to be far worse and thankfully the GMs already nerfed sov gear from what it was on live. Inly real grind was really getting sov depending on how much you play. And as some have stated sov might not be bis for some builds.

Took my sm from lvl 1 to full 2 sets of sov and all the pve sets in about 3-4 months ( pve sets lil longer w the lock outs) but still its not as bad as people are making it out to be. Plus mmos are not designed to be that casual, at least not this one as this is an old school mmo.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Stophy22

Post#28 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:43 am

These threads are getting kinda tacky, can we stop? Anyone new should be expected to put in time and effort, its simply natural. A while ago we were complaining about adding in new gear and stronger stuff (vanq, conq, bloodlord weapons etc.), now it gets added and you're complaining that it's here ruining the new player experience? I disagree. All the new players I've played with see what's possible w/ their sov guildies and shoot for that goal.

You might not have been playing against sov leveled players but you were playing against a lot more active try hard premades that would assist correctly and coordinate themselves. There is no gear gap that needs to be fixed if anything this game has a severe lack of accurate knowledge going around.

In PVP you have Vanq->invader->Sov ToK unlocks that "bar" you from content if you want to be a ninny about it.

In PVE you have Redeye->Sent->Bloodlord ToK unlocks that "bar" you from content if you want to stupid about it as well.

PVP has a longer grind than PVE which is to be expected of a pvp central game. What people fail to realize is the grind for gear gets shortened and more enjoyable if you play in an organized group. How you might ask?

When you win, you contribute more
When you win, you get more Renown (and exp)
More contribution, better bags
More Renown, more renown points
Overall more success, more fun.
Collectively more fun had, less whine posts on forum about grinding gear.

Royals and invaders come from the bags in Orvr in t4 zones (possibly t3 but I don't play during those zones typically) so its nice to acquire those before cities, especially if you can't stay up late enough for a city

Now for a new player they don't know all of this, or they aren't in possession of such knowledge so I can see why things look a little grim when you walk around by yourself since you're playing an mmo and you wanna be the solo hero that can 1v9. Most of us have been there and done that so listen to a veteran and do yourself a favor.

If you truly have fallen into a mentality that is, "I can't do anything vs these sov players." I implore you to look inward for self reflection and outward for knowledge and for jolly co-operation.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#29 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:15 am

I think it is fine as it is (except for the PvE part).

I know both sides. My main is BiS - and I have a hard time logging in as there is simply nothing else to progress towards to which is just boring. I wish there was another tier. Anything.

I also have a ton of alts. Just dusted off an old melee dps 40/35 in Annihilator gear with green accessory/weapons. You can't have a much worse start in T4 - especially when you solo. Took a couple of days and he is full conq now, 2 subjugators, genesis - has the first vanq piece in a gold bag. I can trade vanq gloves & boots now and I already feel "competitive" enough. Ofc there are fights I don't pick yet.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

adapter
Suspended

Post#30 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:46 am

Sell Royal set with Oppressor emblems
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon