Recent Topics

Ads

Solution to gear gap?

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfa1986

Re: Solution to gear gap?

Post#31 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 am

maybe it is worth slightly reworking some of the stats (for example, removing the crit chance from the back, head, boots)?
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:23 am

yoluigi wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:21 am What is the point of doing 3 times gunbad nobody gains from this.
1st, you gain something from it, when you are fresh in t4, depending on class. E.g. 3pc is very good for tanks.

The concept of having to do each dungeon, if you want to wear higher dungeon gear, was explained a hundred times, so this won't change, no matter how many threads or posts are made about getting those unlocks by doing pvp.
Dying is no option.

Asderas27

Post#33 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 am

This game is a mmo and most mmos have gear grind . Stop begging to get easy vanq, invader, sov gear. Devs made it easy to get vanq by reducing cost of full set, making gloves n boots BoE, made invaders and crests available in regular rvr bags which was not a thing before. In my experience if a person can perform well in Vanq , they will perform in Sov. So if you think gear is holding you back , you are wrong. Dps can maximize damage by running dungeons while in vanq to get bloodlord weapon n sent ring. Vanq+Bloodlord is +9% more damage and you get sent ring in which you can get crit or melee power which is huge damage boost.Bloodlord set is actually decent for mdps classes. Seen vanq wp/rps outheal sov geared ones in city as well. Plus stop playing just for gear , play the game for the fun of pvp. People who just play for gear usually leave the game after getting it anyway
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Duukar

Post#34 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Why so much resistance to making the game more competitive more quickly? Bunch of long time players stuck in the past enjoying their gear advantages. Make it quick and easy to get vanq/ invader and keep sov and WL grindy. Yeah it’s easier now. Easier please so I can have a DPS a Tank and a healer with reasonable gear with my 15 hours a week of play time. Why not?

PVE just absolutely sucks for the most part. Gunbad is long and and annoying. Sent gear is ok to get but the real goal is the jewelry. Why 8 or 9 runs for it? At least make it drop after 5 runs. 8x3 day lockout...... blood lord is quick to get the weapons. No complaints there.

I just don’t get it, if we can make it easy and fun to get 75% geared and grind for the last 25% why shouldn’t we?

New players are required to keep this game alive. NA time is pretty much a ghost town.

Grock

Post#35 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 pm

The only proper solution to gear gap is stat squish to reduce the gap directly.

Not only it will make gearing process less painful and improve quality of play for newer players and alts, but it will also improve gear mixing opportunities. If everything is closer together there's less raw stat loss from using lower end gear for some specific bonuses.

Its a double win really. Reduces gear gap an improves gear diversity.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Sundowner

Post#36 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Hunters vale will have invader level gear and will require only beaslotd tok unlock so stop worrying about it

nanakaros

Post#37 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi. I have just graduate the university and i must compete people with 20 years of experience. Any advice to close this gap? thanks!

CountTalabecland

Post#38 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 pm

With the entire campaign consisting of constantly farming royals and said royals buying you the best gear that is better than anything else by a large margin, there is no point in releasing more time consuming gear at a lower level (see ranked scens).

Sov is too strong and it is too easy to get from 5 star siege stomps. I still say it needs to be brought at least par to warlord and ranked cities need to stop being royal meds pinatas. That way royals all buy roughly 3 equal sets that support different stats/builds for each class.

Having Sov/alt sov having the best stats, most of the best bonuses, and the best armor values just reinforces zerging for city medallions which in turn makes ppl getting stomped as underdogs get discouraged due to the gear gap.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#39 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:08 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 pm With the entire campaign consisting of constantly farming royals and said royals buying you the best gear that is better than anything else by a large margin, there is no point in releasing more time consuming gear at a lower level (see ranked scens).

Sov is too strong and it is too easy to get from 5 star siege stomps. I still say it needs to be brought at least par to warlord and ranked cities need to stop being royal meds pinatas. That way royals all buy roughly 3 equal sets that support different stats/builds for each class.

Having Sov/alt sov having the best stats, most of the best bonuses, and the best armor values just reinforces zerging for city medallions which in turn makes ppl getting stomped as underdogs get discouraged due to the gear gap.
Meanwhile ranked gear is on par with Sov, and for many classes it's BiS to mix both. Slayer included.

yoluigi

Post#40 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:10 am

Sundowner wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:06 pm Hunters vale will have invader level gear and will require only beaslotd tok unlock so stop worrying about it
Oh did not know that xD