Recent Topics

Ads

Armor Talisman & Potions

Let's talk about... everything else
Bowldancer

Re: Armor Talisman & Potions

Post#11 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:29 am

Armor is an issue and out of all those bandaid changes Blessed Blade/ Bleeding Edge are the most difficult to understand for me. Was is so hard to position correctly ? I have to spent 700 stat points for that.
But as you said the answer was no. They are here to stay.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
Fenris78

Post#12 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:31 am

Likeaboss wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:39 am Thx for the feedback so far, appreciate it :)

Gonna Edit when i'm home, but for now.. The stats for my RP look as followed round about...

Sov Armor: 2'200
Slotted with 7x180: 1'260
Potion in partyplay: 825
RS tactic proc: 1056

Total: 5341

Sure, as Tank you reach more when slot Armor as well, but most tanks go for toughness,wounds, or a mix with armor

In a perfect world, without armor pots/talis, people would improve their positioning as healers, tanks & dps gotta pay much more attention and so on...

But it is what it is ;)
Regenerative Shielding DOESNT STACk with armor potion, I checked. Same for M2 Mountain Spirit. Stop dreaming about 5k armor on RP, it wont happen. On top of that with all aforementioned armor piercing/ignore abilities, the more the armor the more you'll have negated, so it's counterproductive to slot full armor instead of wounds/armor.

My runi with 3500 armor is fine, as is my WP with 4k armor.
Armor is far from the only thing to make them live longer if I neglect magic resist, absorb and detaunt/grimnir shield.

Any WE/WH can ignore armor for 10s, nearly all dps got 75% arpen, tanks debuffing armor/bypass, etc.
Basically everyone running with 75% arpen is the issue, I suggest stopping to focus on full armor stacking once and for all.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#13 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:16 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:31 am
Likeaboss wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:39 am
Spoiler:
Thx for the feedback so far, appreciate it :)

Gonna Edit when i'm home, but for now.. The stats for my RP look as followed round about...

Sov Armor: 2'200
Slotted with 7x180: 1'260
Potion in partyplay: 825
RS tactic proc: 1056

Total: 5341

Sure, as Tank you reach more when slot Armor as well, but most tanks go for toughness,wounds, or a mix with armor

In a perfect world, without armor pots/talis, people would improve their positioning as healers, tanks & dps gotta pay much more attention and so on...

But it is what it is ;)
Regenerative Shielding DOESNT STACk with armor potion, I checked. Same for M2 Mountain Spirit. Stop dreaming about 5k armor on RP, it wont happen. On top of that with all aforementioned armor piercing/ignore abilities, the more the armor the more you'll have negated, so it's counterproductive to slot full armor instead of wounds/armor.

My runi with 3500 armor is fine, as is my WP with 4k armor.
Armor is far from the only thing to make them live longer if I neglect magic resist, absorb and detaunt/grimnir shield.

Any WE/WH can ignore armor for 10s, nearly all dps got 75% arpen, tanks debuffing armor/bypass, etc.
Basically everyone running with 75% arpen is the issue, I suggest stopping to focus on full armor stacking once and for all.
Totally this, too much tools to bypass armor...some positional attacks ignore 100% armor, morale dmg, magic dmg...i feel better with a mix of armor/wounds, at least you get 100% benefit from wounds talismans.

kmark101

Post#14 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Armor potions are causing a massive imbalance in the game and also make lots of classes armor abilities obsolete (armor buff skills, armor prayer, etc..)... this potion simply removes unique balancing abilities and strengths of each class, I don't understand how the devs don't see this as an issue... (talismans are ok, its just the armor potions, because they correlate with that extra armor of such abilities would provide otherwise). Imagine if the original developers created unique abilities for each class then thought hey lets give it to everyone... they did not as armor potions were not part of the original game fyi.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm Armor potions are causing a massive imbalance in the game and also make lots of classes armor abilities obsolete (armor buff skills, armor prayer, etc..)... this potion simply removes unique balancing abilities and strengths of each class, I don't understand how the devs don't see this as an issue... (talismans are ok, its just the armor potions, because they correlate with that extra armor of such abilities would provide otherwise). Imagine if the original developers created unique abilities for each class then thought hey lets give it to everyone... they did not as armor potions were not part of the original game fyi.
Dunno where you are getting that armour potions were not in the original game as they most certainly were, but armour potions stacked with armour proc buffs or with armour buff skills.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Bowldancer

Post#16 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm armour potions stacked with armour proc buffs or with armour buff skills.
No they didn't stack. There were always exceptions tho - like Flak Jacket.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

gebajger

Post#17 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:42 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm Armor potions are causing a massive imbalance in the game and also make lots of classes armor abilities obsolete (armor buff skills, armor prayer, etc..)... this potion simply removes unique balancing abilities and strengths of each class, I don't understand how the devs don't see this as an issue... (talismans are ok, its just the armor potions, because they correlate with that extra armor of such abilities would provide otherwise). Imagine if the original developers created unique abilities for each class then thought hey lets give it to everyone... they did not as armor potions were not part of the original game fyi.
I understand that as a tank you would like to see them gone, I also understand that medium armor healers DoK/WP
can reach tank lvl armor with them,
BUT...
In a game with over 1K armor debuffs (in one instacast move), light armor and robe wearers are practically naked without them.
Off the top of my head the solution could be changing every single armor debuff to a percentage instead of a fixed value.
Just an idea
Rioz

mogt

Post#18 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:57 pm

why delete the things?

all player can use potions and talisman, there are all fine, if player a use a pot and plaer v dont use , then this is a mistake from player b. it is easy to say delete the talismans or potions. fact is, talisman and pots was in live game too. it is all fine, how it is.

you can kill players, if they have pots and talis. the players mist learn the pros and cons from their chars, what they play

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#19 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:05 pm

they most certainly did stack. 660 Armour potion stacked with my 700 armour buff proc cloak(or warrior priest influence tome that had 700 armour buff proc) AND for example those 2 stacked with lotd armour talisman procs (up to 1200) they stacked if it wasnt same proc/amount. Armour talismans are much more " harmful " than potions, you can get 1500+ armour with 180 armour talismans.

EDIT; Armour buff procs stacked but abilities not all thats true.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

normanis

Post#20 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:51 pm

that why magys can bypass all your expensive armor talismans dealing magic damage and can make 4million dps.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"