Recent Topics

Ads

Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
duvalx

Re: Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

Post#21 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:45 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:30 am
duvalx wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:14 pm
MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm This is by far the best mechanic change which will utilize the code already used and for Gork Mork stacks.

Getting hit builds stacks of X
Using both heal and dps abilities you gain stacks of Y

Every stack of X increases your armor and resists by a small amount. Stackable with other abilities/morales/pots

Every stack of Y increases both WP/Int by a small amount.

This will make it so if you focus the healer he will heal less but be more tanky. If you let the healer free cast he will heal for more. Lots of new metas can open up for example letting one dps hit you until you are 5 def stacks and can heal slowly. Or you can hide and try to free cast. Hybrid will be more potent as Y stacks will increase both WP and Int.

This will help with the 2 biggest problems this class faces, Survivability and Heal output.

Any addition thoughts.
what f**king planet are you on! lol shammys need a nerf not a buff
What planet are you on? Shaman/AM are:

1. The worst healers in terms of heal and protection raw output
2. The least defensive healers
3. The least desirable healers for endgame content

You need to stop confusing their ability to have different specs as some requirement for a nerf. DoKs/WPs are the best healers by a clean mile but also have dps gear/specs, medium armor, and more defensive tools. Shaman/AM group healing is dire. You must have a cooldown reduction in your party, ideally two, or you will do half the healing of a DoK/WP, and maybe 75% of a Zeal/RP.

I, an rr80+ shaman, regret rolling a shaman to heal with, they're so poor at it relative to dok/zeal and for no reason whatsoever. It's disheartening to try your hardest with the best gear possible and still get out healed by hundreds of thousands. They straight up need some of the heal numbers increasing.
Ok OK ... maybe your right about the healing output.. my frustration is more aimed at the DPS power of a shamen that can still heal well enough to kite 2 or 3 dps with all the OP get out of jail tools the goblin /shamen get. i just hate the little green C**TS :)
given up trying to play the good guys!

Ads
detrap

Post#22 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:10 am

MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm This is by far the best mechanic change which will utilize the code already used and for Gork Mork stacks.

Getting hit builds stacks of X
Using both heal and dps abilities you gain stacks of Y

Every stack of X increases your armor and resists by a small amount. Stackable with other abilities/morales/pots

Every stack of Y increases both WP/Int by a small amount.

This will make it so if you focus the healer he will heal less but be more tanky. If you let the healer free cast he will heal for more. Lots of new metas can open up for example letting one dps hit you until you are 5 def stacks and can heal slowly. Or you can hide and try to free cast. Hybrid will be more potent as Y stacks will increase both WP and Int.

This will help with the 2 biggest problems this class faces, Survivability and Heal output.

Any addition thoughts.

You need to stop confusing their ability to have different specs as some requirement for a nerf. DoKs/WPs are the best healers by a clean mile but also have dps gear/specs, medium armor, and more defensive tools. Shaman/AM group healing is dire. You must have a cooldown reduction in your party, ideally two, or you will do half the healing of a DoK/WP, and maybe 75% of a Zeal/RP.

I, an rr80+ shaman, regret rolling a shaman to heal with, they're so poor at it relative to dok/zeal and for no reason whatsoever. It's disheartening to try your hardest with the best gear possible and still get outhealed by hundreds of thousands. They straight up need some of the heal numbers increasing.
Shamans and AM's are the best healers in the game and easily top heals in cities.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ysaran

Post#23 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am

detrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:10 am

I, an rr80+ shaman, regret rolling a shaman to heal with, they're so poor at it relative to dok/zeal and for no reason whatsoever. It's disheartening to try your hardest with the best gear possible and still get outhealed by hundreds of thousands. They straight up need some of the heal numbers increasing.
Shamans and AM's are the best healers in the game and easily top heals in cities.
There's no such thing as "best healer in game". every healer hasi is own role to cover. you can't stack WP/AM/RP because it is "the best healer in game (in your opinion)". it's a recipe for failing hard. AM can perform well only with a SM in party, while WP and RP can do their job without any condition attached.
WP has sustained AoE heal and little utility (prayers, AP eventually), RP has hybrid AoE/ST heal and lot's of utility (Rune, AP rituals, absorb tactic,...) and AM has ST powerful ST heal (lots of HoT, Funnel Essence,...) and support ability (puddle, EoV, AoE AP drain, isnta rezz).
An AM can't do the job of a RP or a WP, it just doesn't have the same ability. They aren't comparable
Zputadenti

detrap

Post#24 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:15 am

Ysaran wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am
detrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:10 am

There's no such thing as "best healer in game". every healer hasi is own role to cover. you can't stack WP/AM/RP because it is "the best healer in game (in your opinion)". it's a recipe for failing hard. AM can perform well only with a SM in party, while WP and RP can do their job without any condition attached.
WP has sustained AoE heal and little utility (prayers, AP eventually), RP has hybrid AoE/ST heal and lot's of utility (Rune, AP rituals, absorb tactic,...) and AM has ST powerful ST heal (lots of HoT, Funnel Essence,...) and support ability (puddle, EoV, AoE AP drain, isnta rezz).
An AM can't do the job of a RP or a WP, it just doesn't have the same ability. They aren't comparable
I meant they can put out the most heals, I don't know where op got the idea they can't.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Drednes

Post#25 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm

shaman AM survivability and damage buff? good lord this is going to be even more of a hell than expected

Koryu199X

Post#26 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm

I think firstly people calling stuff OP should perhaps play that class first and learn it, people in glass houses. And before you say it I have played on live and in Apoc and here all the classes, so yes some classes are what I would say user friendly others are not, that said if you master a difficult class then it should be rewarding to play on many levels. I would say a dps healer should be extremely hard to play, but a good pure dps should still have the edge over it. I do see that people have been getting melted and kited by Shammies. If the issue is utility then that is what needs to be properly addressed abilities, tactics everything has to be looked at, I do agree that if you play a certain way then there has to be something you give up, be that dps, survival or something else. No one in this game should be unkillable or be able to one hit another, which is what I see a lot of players in this game wanting.

nat3s

Post#27 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Most op thing about Shaman and AM is the AP drain, that right there alongside their heals gives them the greatest survivability in the game in a 1v1 situation.

It's also why some people feel squishy as a Sham/AM i.e. newbs will cast dots first and die, experienced players know to cast AP drain before anything else and detaunt to survive the initial 10s of an encounter, after that AP drain on CD and you've got a totally defenceless target to play with doing a fraction of the dps they were before.

This is why AM/Shaman are by FAR the best 1v1 classes in the game. Appreciate 1v1 balance isn't a priroity, but I think when these classes are so far ahead of everyone else, some toning down is needed... I say that as someone who mains a Shaman/AM (i resent having to play them, but as my playstyle is solo roaming, I'm forced to).

Address the AP drain above all else, perhaps make it a 60s CD.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

gebajger

Post#28 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:10 pm

'experienced players know to cast AP drain before anything else'

So they can cleanse it right away....right.

1v1 is very, very rare in orvr, these days its true more than ever.

Although balance isn't about 1v1, changes have already been made aimed at just that...1v1 (and specifically AM/shamy)

-M1 bubble duration reduced to 30s

-Detaunt change (I completely agree with this one, your pre-applied dots do 50% damage, while the deataunted opponent also does 50%, makes sense)
People still cry about 'you dot them up and detaunt' . That is nonsense, you wont kill anything with this strategy. In the meantime a SH
popping squigbeast morale, with the pet doing tons of dmg, while your opponent is detaunted is fine.

Let's just wait for the new AM/Shamy rework and see where it gets us, it's coming soon (2 weeks)
Rioz

Ads
Fey

Post#29 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Make the AP drain apply to the defensive target of the AM/Shaman.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

NSKaneda

Post#30 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Fey wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:49 pm Make the AP drain apply to the defensive target of the AM/Shaman.

AMs get aoe ap drain, shamans only have st one, both work on caster alone - how would turning it into another AP pump improve on things? If anything that would result in pumping slayers/choppas/other dps in fights and htl tanks in funnels. Combine it with CD decreasers and you have madness in the lakes...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *