Recent Topics

Ads

Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
malmar

Re: Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

Post#31 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm

Swap ap drain and fotg/eov? Make it a 13pt ability in a dps tree.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#32 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:09 pm

malmar wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm Swap ap drain and fotg/eov? Make it a 13pt ability in a dps tree.

And make fotg/eov core? Gork in me approves...

Spoiler:

Mork rejoices mayhem in lower tiers with fotg/eov available so soon
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ysaran

Post#33 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 am

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:09 pm
malmar wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm Swap ap drain and fotg/eov? Make it a 13pt ability in a dps tree.

And make fotg/eov core? Gork in me approves...

Spoiler:

Mork rejoices mayhem in lower tiers with fotg/eov available so soon
it would be enough to give EoV at r40 instead of Law Of Age. but imo AP drain at 13 pt would be bs. AP drain should stay at 9pt
Zputadenti

NSKaneda

Post#34 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Ysaran wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 am it would be enough to give EoV at r40 instead of Law Of Age. but imo AP drain at 13 pt would be bs. AP drain should stay at 9pt

I'm genuinely curious at this point: WHY is core ST ap drain a problem outside of 1v1?
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

havartii

Post#35 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:45 pm

detrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:15 am
Ysaran wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am
detrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:10 am

Shamans and AM's are the best healers in the game and easily top heals in cities.
There's no such thing as "best healer in game". every healer hasi is own role to cover. you can't stack WP/AM/RP because it is "the best healer in game (in your opinion)". it's a recipe for failing hard. AM can perform well only with a SM in party, while WP and RP can do their job without any condition attached.
WP has sustained AoE heal and little utility (prayers, AP eventually), RP has hybrid AoE/ST heal and lot's of utility (Rune, AP rituals, absorb tactic,...) and AM has ST powerful ST heal (lots of HoT, Funnel Essence,...) and support ability (puddle, EoV, AoE AP drain, isnta rezz).
An AM can't do the job of a RP or a WP, it just doesn't have the same ability. They aren't comparable
I meant they can put out the most heals, I don't know where op got the idea they can't.
I really can't believe WP are calling for shaman nerfs. I have really seen it all now. I really think they just come here to get what ever nerf they can calling all destro classes OP. Watch some streams, Svarz is a really good dps shaman, plays ranked ect. Since the nerf you can't kite much anymore you get caught so often now. I don't even take the tactic anymore 25% chance to proc is bad enough. Slayers and WL easily catch you and the amount of cc in this game makes it almost impossible to get away. Unless the people chasing them are just bad.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

detrap

Post#36 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:14 pm

havartii wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:45 pm
detrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:15 am
Ysaran wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am

There's no such thing as "best healer in game". every healer hasi is own role to cover. you can't stack WP/AM/RP because it is "the best healer in game (in your opinion)". it's a recipe for failing hard. AM can perform well only with a SM in party, while WP and RP can do their job without any condition attached.
WP has sustained AoE heal and little utility (prayers, AP eventually), RP has hybrid AoE/ST heal and lot's of utility (Rune, AP rituals, absorb tactic,...) and AM has ST powerful ST heal (lots of HoT, Funnel Essence,...) and support ability (puddle, EoV, AoE AP drain, isnta rezz).
An AM can't do the job of a RP or a WP, it just doesn't have the same ability. They aren't comparable
I meant they can put out the most heals, I don't know where op got the idea they can't.
I really can't believe WP are calling for shaman nerfs. I have really seen it all now. I really think they just come here to get what ever nerf they can calling all destro classes OP. Watch some streams, Svarz is a really good dps shaman, plays ranked ect. Since the nerf you can't kite much anymore you get caught so often now. I don't even take the tactic anymore 25% chance to proc is bad enough. Slayers and WL easily catch you and the amount of cc in this game makes it almost impossible to get away. Unless the people chasing them are just bad.
I would call that very strange if WP are asking for that. Shamans and AM are very dependent on another class for cooldown decreases for them to do very well.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ysaran

Post#37 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:25 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Ysaran wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 am it would be enough to give EoV at r40 instead of Law Of Age. but imo AP drain at 13 pt would be bs. AP drain should stay at 9pt

I'm genuinely curious at this point: WHY is core ST ap drain a problem outside of 1v1?
I can't speak for others AMs/Shamans, but it's mine main source of AP. As long as I remember to cast it and cover it, I have no ap starvation. Every healer has an ability that give him ap/essence (ap ritual, smite, supplication and so on). Moving AP drain at 13pt would lock out AM from most of the meta healing builds.
It would be a huge nerf.
At 9pt would be fine, it would let the healing builds untouched and it would oblige DPS AM to choose between the ap drain and the puddle
Zputadenti

Likeaboss

Post#38 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:48 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:07 pm I'm genuinely curious at this point: WHY is core ST ap drain a problem outside of 1v1?
Cant speak for all aspects, but i was 2-3 days ago in a Solo ranked.

Got perma AP drained by Shaman, Choosen Aura, BG's choking Fury and WE kiss...
In the end i had more protection than damage.... as dps :oops:

double AP pots used, 2 abilitys later i was out of AP again... i was literally useless :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#39 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:23 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:25 am I can't speak for others AMs/Shamans, but it's mine main source of AP.

It's resto burst for me, I use AP drain as utility / pressure skill but I get that the drain is used in AP-hungry environments as main source :)

Likeaboss wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:48 am
NSKaneda wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:07 pm I'm genuinely curious at this point: WHY is core ST ap drain a problem outside of 1v1?
Cant speak for all aspects, but i was 2-3 days ago in a Solo ranked.

Got perma AP drained by Shaman, Choosen Aura, BG's choking Fury and WE kiss...
In the end i had more protection than damage.... as dps :oops:

double AP pots used, 2 abilitys later i was out of AP again... i was literally useless :lol:

I'm sorry to say but it sounds like your team wasn't using their group AP skills :/

AP Drain is a valid tactic against mdps, WP/DoKs and tanks, it's literally one of three effective tools against the really good ones and trying to mess it up because someone has problems in 1v1 or not utilising group synergy while in team is... A bit lazy?