M0rw47h

Re: Patch Notes 26/02/2021

Post#101 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:17 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:06 pm
Collision wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:47 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:33 pm

...and they don't use it.
Try again...
No? Because they have even more overpowered stuff than that? Alrighty then... seems balanced.
It's not about being "overpowered", it's about not fiting playstyle.
Since range was nerfed on Path of Quick Shootin' you're forced to use Gas Squig, because of that you ain't using Spiked Squig and it means you can't shoot on the move anymore while you play run on move build... Meanwhile Slayer is auto attacking on move, rSH isn't unless he swaps pet, but then he has range issue.

Ads
Neverever

Post#102 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:42 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:17 pm
balvor877 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:06 pm
Collision wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Try again...
No? Because they have even more overpowered stuff than that? Alrighty then... seems balanced.
It's not about being "overpowered", it's about not fiting playstyle.
Since range was nerfed on Path of Quick Shootin' you're forced to use Gas Squig, because of that you ain't using Spiked Squig and it means you can't shoot on the move anymore while you play run on move build... Meanwhile Slayer is auto attacking on move, rSH isn't unless he swaps pet, but then he has range issue.
Lol who in her/his right mind would compare squig herder auto attack with slayer's?. There is a big dmg difference to begin with which makes the suggested tactic useless for SH in the first place.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#103 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 pm

Glad to see the talisman nerf. I still think armor talismans and pots need to be straight up removed from the game completely, but this is a step in the right direction. My hope is that it will become abundantly obvious how much better the game is without vastly overinflated armor values on EVERYONE (not just cloth careers), and the nerfs will continue into a full removal of armor talis and pots.

p00ky

Post#104 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 pm Glad to see the talisman nerf. I still think armor talismans and pots need to be straight up removed from the game completely, but this is a step in the right direction. My hope is that it will become abundantly obvious how much better the game is without vastly overinflated armor values on EVERYONE (not just cloth careers), and the nerfs will continue into a full removal of armor talis and pots.
as long as we reduce the damage output accordingly

Mystry
Suspended

Post#105 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:05 pm

p00ky wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 pm as long as we reduce the damage output accordingly
That would defeat the purpose.

Likeaboss

Post#106 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:06 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 pm Glad to see the talisman nerf. I still think armor talismans and pots need to be straight up removed from the game completely, but this is a step in the right direction. My hope is that it will become abundantly obvious how much better the game is without vastly overinflated armor values on EVERYONE (not just cloth careers), and the nerfs will continue into a full removal of armor talis and pots.
+1
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Jinxypie

Post#107 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:08 pm

Yeah and finally everybody would play DPS cuz they would be oneshotted as heal anyway.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Grock

Post#108 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:13 pm

Greenbeast wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:39 pm I think that what are you talking about is whisful thinking.
We've got what we've got - flat nerf of armor for everybody who doens't have acsess to any other secondery mitingation stats. For example Zealot that have base 300 tgh in sov, same for RP. Shaman can go for tgh build but it limits the build variation shamans can bring to wb.
This nerf has absolutely no impact on tanks and doks/wps.
There is no equalization with tgh because the majority of cloth classes don't have acsess to tgh and since you can respec renow/spec in the city the majority of players will go for the most universal build.
It is a very bad change to the game.
The only people it has "no impact on" are people who never used armor tali OR people who manage to still maintain over-capped (3.3k+) armor when debuffs/armorpen are taken into account, but thats fairly rare even for tanks. Otherwise classes with more armor will see sightly higher increase in incoming dmg post nef than lower armor, thats just how Armor math works in this game in general.

People seem to be overreacting to the change anyway, i highly doubt the real difference would be as noticeable as people seem to expect
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
p00ky

Post#109 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:18 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:05 pm
p00ky wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 pm as long as we reduce the damage output accordingly
That would defeat the purpose.
so currently they have increased melee armour penetration what, 7-9% on light armour tali users. Lets remove talis completly and the armour pots so melee dps can 2 hit AM/shammies etc? Fun fun game.

Maybe suggest they remove healers entirely as the devs only know how to react to forum cries of healers being unkillable by random pug players

p00ky

Post#110 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:23 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:13 pm
Greenbeast wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:39 pm I think that what are you talking about is whisful thinking.
We've got what we've got - flat nerf of armor for everybody who doens't have acsess to any other secondery mitingation stats. For example Zealot that have base 300 tgh in sov, same for RP. Shaman can go for tgh build but it limits the build variation shamans can bring to wb.
This nerf has absolutely no impact on tanks and doks/wps.
There is no equalization with tgh because the majority of cloth classes don't have acsess to tgh and since you can respec renow/spec in the city the majority of players will go for the most universal build.
It is a very bad change to the game.
The only people it has "no impact on" are people who never used armor tali OR people who manage to still maintain over-capped (3.3k+) armor when debuffs/armorpen are taken into account, but thats fairly rare even for tanks. Otherwise classes with more armor will see sightly higher increase in incoming dmg post nef than lower armor, thats just how Armor math works in this game in general.

People seem to be overreacting to the change anyway, i highly doubt the real difference would be as noticeable as people seem to expect
Been playing for some hours now, u can def notice it if u were light armor stacking armour talis, 2handed tanks are even starting to hit the crap out of u. Time to join the fun and roll melee dps :mrgreen: