Recent Topics

Ads

[Garden of Qu'aph] Friday Fight Night

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caduceus

[Garden of Qu'aph] Friday Fight Night

Post#1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Event: Friday Fight Night in the Garden of Qu'aph

"A God named Khaine, a God of murder and death and bloodshed, only the
wilfully blind could not see that this is none other than the Blood Lord himself, cloaked
in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him."

When: Every Friday from 20:00 - 00:00 (GMT+2), starting on the 12th of March

Where: The Garden of Qu'aph, accessible through interacting with orbs located in Altdorf and the Inevitable City, or through the flightmaster for the cost of one gold.

What: Friday Fight Night is a weekly walk-in event, with the primary purpose of creating a presence in the Garden of Qu'aph to allow players to duel and socialize cross-realm.

Players are encouraged to come and go whenever they like, and participate in whatever way they like. The goal is to create an accessible dueling environment where players can enjoy this aspect of the game with no strings attached.

Spectators are also more than welcome!

Additional information:

Return of Reckoning has always had a small, but dedicated community of duelists and solo roamers. Despite this, the Garden of Qu'aph hasn't seen a lot of activity since its implementation. This is a shame, because it offers some unique opportunities, like fighting classes of your own realm and chatting with players of the other faction. In view of this, and coupled with the fact that the location is very accessible, the Garden of Qu'aph is perfect for becoming Return of Reckoning's sanctioned dueling grounds. In addition, its accessibility and cross-realm communication make it a great place for a server-wide social hub. All it needs, is a little nudge.

A Discord server has also been created to accomodate Return of Reckoning's dueling community: https://discord.gg/Yga22c73A7

Future plans:

Friday Fight Night is an accessible event to test the waters. If the amount of interest is high enough, I may host dueling tournaments in the future. I'm especially interested in the 3v3 format, though this would require the current bugs involving party duels to be resolved first. As stated, whether these things will happen in the future depends in large part on the amount of interest that is generated.

I'm also open to players who would like to become involved in the organization of these events. If you are interested, please send me a PM.
Last edited by Caduceus on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:58 am, edited 24 times in total.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
nocturnalguest

Re: [Garden of Qu'aph] Friday Fight Night

Post#2 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Good idea. Maybe hold a duel event or something. Need to set up a date tho and announce way beforehand, so the word spreads surely

Detangler

Post#3 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:03 pm

I'd be down if the timing is right and kids go to bed/wife leaves me alone :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Caduceus

Post#4 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:16 am

nocturnalguest wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:26 pm Good idea. Maybe hold a duel event or something. Need to set up a date tho and announce way beforehand, so the word spreads surely

If this thread receives a good amount of response, I will create a new one for the event specifically.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Baaldr

Post#5 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:09 am

Sounds Good 👍

Taxen0

Post#6 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 am

Sounds like a great idea! :)
Floffel - Zealot

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#7 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:28 am

would join, not sure on what character yet tho
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Mordecaieth

Post#8 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm

You have my choppa, and my axe!

Ads
OddSean

Post#9 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 pm

Need to get a character to a level where they're fun but won't get eaten alive... sounds fun though!

khohorde

Post#10 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:44 pm

This is actually a great idea! Apart from learning your class and your opponent's class, dueling is actually really fun! An event like that sounds amazing!

Perhaps something like a small reward can get people going, a few coins or a tali, just for funsies :D