Recent Topics

Ads

The "free immunity" problem

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nebelwerfer

The "free immunity" problem

Post#1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Hey forum

I would like to see the duration of AOE cc immunities be halved, so an aoe punt at a bad time won't make or break a fight to such a degree as it currently does.

What I mean is the problem of aoe punts, pulls and GTDC. It is a big source of frustration, and I think the duration of said CC should be halved to decrease the impact of "free immunities".

Aoe punts are usually not very big on range so the impact of them is mostly to allievate pressure, interrupt channels and morales. This is something you should be able to do more than just once very 30 sec. Especially in RVR, where the warbands may come faster than you can kill and you rely on decent CC management to win / survive.

Also in 6v6 or solo ranked you will see aoe punts / pulls being used, sometimes to great advantage and sometimes not. nevertheless it pretty much kills any potential to score a kill until the CC immunities on tanks is gone. So I think it should be half.

What do you think ? :?: :?: :?:

Ads
Madmagnus

Re: The "free immunity" problem

Post#2 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm

1 and immunity is also not the norm for MMOs typically they either provide diminishing returns till immunity in 3-5 successive CCs
or its somewhere around 3 to get immunity.

I would suggest lockouts stay 1 then immunity but pushes or pulls that do not lockout abilities move to 3x then immunity

Knockdown = 1 then immunity
Disorient = 1 then immunity
Pull = 3 then Immunity?
knockback = 3 then immunity

3 pulls could be savage but its single target... and if you are solo vs a group that has 3 pullers (6-7+ fighters) you are supposed to die whether getting pulled or horsed down repeatedly

Mag

Foltestik

Post#3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:54 pm

or maybee just maybee people can stop random smash his buttons and start thinking what they do

Starx

Post#4 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Community is full of babies who would collectively throw a tantrum is CC was changed at all, they want to be able to position and play stupidly and not get punished for it.

CC patch was the worst thing mythic ever did.

Toning down CC immunities also means you are making the gap between pugs and premades even larger, which is another reason it wont happen here.

marafado
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:10 pm

Foltestik wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:54 pm or maybee just maybee people can stop random smash his buttons and start thinking what they do
hummm that can be hard to "balance", players have rotations to follow and the "pros" using just 1 button addon(NB) its impossible :roll:
and if we consider the fact that most of the players play multiple toons in both factions, dont help play an engie and 90 mins latter log a choppa ;)

I have seen ppl in destro run sups to blue keeps, imagine when they xrealm from engie to choppa :mrgreen:
Last edited by marafado on Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerkasper

Post#6 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:15 pm

Another "the players are stupid, devs pls fix" ?

I get mad at this **** too. I have seen choppas that are 80+ running gtdc in SCs, even ranked, but thats a hate the player not the game thing.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

nebelwerfer

Post#7 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:42 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:15 pm Another "the players are stupid, devs pls fix" ?

I get mad at this **** too. I have seen choppas that are 80+ running gtdc in SCs, even ranked, but thats a hate the player not the game thing.
no, i disagree and I think it's a horrible thing that people "hate" others for using an ability because the punishment of doing so is so big..

I am VERY reluctant to use AOE punts etc and I know others don't even have it on the bar because they don't want to be known as a free immunity giver subject to hate.

Good game design? Good for the community?? I think not..

As other point out reducing the aoepunt immunity would allow tryhards to counter zergs more effectivly and salt would be less for the poor sod who forgot he had powered etchings slotted when he try to aoe :lol: :lol:

So yea, this is unneccessary saltime imo, devs pls fix :D

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 pm

Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm 1 and immunity is also not the norm for MMOs typically they either provide diminishing returns till immunity in 3-5 successive CCs

I would suggest lockouts stay 1 then immunity but pushes or pulls that do not lockout abilities move to 3x then immunity

Pull = 3 then Immunity?

3 pulls could be savage but its single target... and if you are solo vs a group that has 3 pullers (6-7+ fighters) you are supposed to die whether getting pulled or horsed down repeatedly

Mag
you have played game 6 weeks and want to completely redesign the past 13 years of immunity systems

how about no?

as for OP, easiest way to avoid the issue is to avoid playing with people who cause issues with bad CC use.

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Madmagnus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm 1 and immunity is also not the norm for MMOs typically they either provide diminishing returns till immunity in 3-5 successive CCs

Mag
can u name some of the mmo's u talking about ?

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 pm
easiest way to avoid the issue is to avoid playing with people who cause issues with bad CC use.
in an mmorpg centered around RVR where stuff tends to melt into zerg-warfare this isn't an acceptable solution. And we all know your guild really took advantage of CC with no immunity aka winds of insanity with great, great benefit so why the hesitation to discuss?

But thanks. almost as good advice as "its easier to catch a target standing still than a target on the move" :lol: joking :)

Pull = 3 then Immunity?

Mag
Interesting idea, thanks for your input :)