Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll]Do Devs hate pvp players? :)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should pvp reward the best gear?

No. Everything is fine. Move along.
45%
Yes, pve gear can't be flat out better without any pvp alternative (specifically BL weapon and sentinel Jewel and whatever is coming next).
36%
No, but pve gear should require less dungeon runs.
20%
Total votes: 87

Bozzax

Re: [Poll]Do Devs hate pvp players? :)

Post#21 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:34 am

Uep sadly PVE is enforced in this version of WAR as a result of gear design
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
space44

Post#22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:00 pm

imagen complaining about devs not caring about pvp when on their to do list is always a bunch of pvp stuff compared to pve. whoever made this is a troll.
To explore strange new threads
To seek out new whines and new complaints
To boldly go where no git has gone before
These are the voyages of the forum "im not complaining but" posters
im gonna have that on a poster or something now
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

geezereur

Post#23 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 pm

Why are there no scenario pop anymore? something broke?

lyncher12

Post#24 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:37 pm

well instead of adding extra toughness and ap per second to the fort weapons they could have made the fortress weapons the best

Stophy22

Post#25 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:39 am

Probably saving the slot of "best weapon" for Royal weapons :)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Arthem

Post#26 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 am

Devs are clearly not Pve focused. Lowering sent inf for example was a good move.

But there's room for improvement. For example, wards should be obtainable from PvP gear like it was on live. If we have to do PvE for sent ring and talisman (which is the single bis item from pve btw lol) at least don't force ppl go through Gunbad etc. for wards.

Btw Gunbad needs a rework. It shouldn't be level 40 gear. You can rapidly get into vanq now, less than a weeks playing time. Put Gunbad back as a mid tier dungeon like it was designed to be and let mid tier ppl wear it. Double it up as a power levelling tool for ppl who wanna speed through mid tier. IMO you could do the same for Bastion stairs.
Last edited by Arthem on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:00 am, edited 5 times in total.

space44

Post#27 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 am

Arthem wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 am There's room for improvement. For example, wards should be obtainable from PvP gear like it was on live. If we have to do PvE for sent ring and talisman at least don't force ppl go through Gunbad etc. for wards.
PvP junkies thread?
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:11 am

Arthem wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 am Devs are clearly not Pve focused. Lowering sent inf for example was a good move.

But there's room for improvement. For example, wards should be obtainable from PvP gear like it was on live. If we have to do PvE for sent ring and talisman (which is the single bis item from pve btw lol) at least don't force ppl go through Gunbad etc. for wards.

Btw Gunbad needs a rework. It shouldn't be level 40 gear. You can rapidly get into vanq now, less than a weeks playing time. Put Gunbad back as a mid tier dungeon like it was designed to be and let mid tier ppl wear it. Double it up as a power levelling tool for ppl who wanna speed through mid tier. IMO you could do the same for Bastion stairs.
Wards are going to be gated through PvE for the life of the server. We didn't implement PvE instances for people to skip to the end (ToVL) and destroy whatever population base of informed players that ideally carry new players on the server through that familiar content. If you want top tier PvE gear, get your sets in order, it's not going to happen through zerging RvR. Because obviously, we hate PvP players.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Tom

Post#29 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:59 am

Not directly related.. but still kind of ...

Wasn't it possible to scavenge enemy players on live... or did my memory just play a trick on me? Would be nice to have that ability on my scavenger

normanis

Post#30 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 am

its already hard to get ppl play city dungeons. and if start skipping than all work is on wind. pve shoudnt be first place in rvr game byt also not least.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"