Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
engharat

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#11 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Why should someone take a BO in wb play instead of a chosen? Chosen is clearly superior in everything. The CD reducer was the only reason BO were taken, in fact you would never see a non WAAGH BO in wb play - because there was no other options. Now finally BO are the least desiderable tank in wb :-D
About Magus and Engi: you nerfed the overperforming skill (mist, napalm), now can you revert the 20% dmg nerf which was performed because of this overperfoming skill?

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Oy, pants are down, prepare for me!

Let's begin, why didn't you change Rune Priest's Rune of Cleaving Tactic(Concussive Runes) to match Zealot's Sweeping Disgorgement?

Detangler

Post#13 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:05 pm

Wow... after all these weeks of nearly empty patch notes devoid of anything meaty, you dropped a big ol' bomb this week. Should be interesting. I like the sham/AM aoe heal buffs with their HoT. Will be interesting to see the city scores in the next few weeks.

Also Chosen buff! The only class to escape the hammer on Destro :lol: :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

normanis

Post#14 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:06 pm

;) finally some decent class changes, and some nerfs. also am has great changes.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:07 pm

Wow! Really impressive work. Imo these changes are towards more balanced and unique game=) Only thing i would change is the ap drains to 180 ap but only draining 90 ap during 10 second duration and 10 sec cooldown. All changes are much better thought out and explained as well. Dont remember last time i didnt read alot of the patches with frown and eh ? feeling. Now that SM whispering wind is fixed and blorc one removed (as should) make Black orc's Right in da jibblie's ignore targets CC immunity, and not causing immunity either so the small jump from the skill will interrupt regardless of immunity or not. Target wont take another jump from same black orcs Right in da jibblies for 10 seconds. Tree hit combo usable as snb is now very much "needed".Soulfire and Guilty Soul should insta dmg + dot. and GS heal defensive target from 1-2 sources when using 2h. Sigmar's shield doing exact same amount dmg to your target as you are healed from the skill, 05 sec icd for both dmg and heal and you would gain 5 rf when damage occurs,Would be same dmg to anyone regardless of defenses.

And maybe reverting alot of the rsh changes, mainly giving range back regardless of the pet=)
Last edited by Sinisterror on Thu May 20, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

tazdingo

Post#16 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:08 pm

don't mind bo losing morale pump and cd reduce as they made the class very 1 dimensional but what was given in return seems exceptionally weak. ws is a nice unique buff but any class who can get toughness high enough to a point where it does anything useful for them is already self buffing it

wp and dok aoe detaunt good riddance and the sham/am aoe hot seems like a nice buff

overall great to see mass balance changes again will take time to see how everything works

Mez

Post#17 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:13 pm

Plz fix how boiling blood nor Word of Pain proc our own (or other) damage buff (frozen fury/flames of rhuin).
Last edited by Mez on Thu May 20, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Wam

Post#18 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:13 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:02 pm
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:59 pm Here we go...

these changes are big time MEME

you've just broken balance more (instead of scalpel you use sledge approach again) i dont think you realise how damaging these changes are... Bork... MSH... Shaman just got dropped hard on.

lately order winnning cities 11-3 ... pushing IC daily 1 star :lol: even in primetime...

The sources you asking for information and changes are not the most trustworthy sources when its clearly biased and shown in result of changes which heavily nerf destro faction and buffs for order...

Sad times but atleast as a x realmer i can play the buffed faction and not have to worry about the mess created unless destro stop playing and then there is nothing to do

GG
Winning organized pvp is about... organization. We've been observing as certain groups made their statements in city sieges despite no changes specifically to contest these changes by trying to point at win loss rates. Doesn't work like that.
But you have systematically taken tools away from destro for the past 2 years and given more and more to order... (machine gun removed from sorcs, morale drain from maras, zdps debuffs and cc less, morale bomb to name a few (and order gained morale drain and other things during this time)

Morale bomb nerf, was a training wheel exercise for order healers who would always stack together and wonder why they die...

Certain changes have knock on effects, especially when other classes are heavily reliant on them to be functional in top tier enviroment, now they are useless and shoe is on the other foot... sledge approach instead of scalpel. Im not sure if you monitored the weekend RVR activity, but what if these changes made that more the status norm are you not concerned by this? Its like kicking a dog when its down, and the thing which killed live servers was when one side became too dominant, keep nerfing destro and order become more domintant is not very healthy...

Anti zerg tools already destroyed with morale bomb removing... its like this zerg style of play is what you are promoting and long term(1-2 year from now) doesnt seem healthy imo.

Just feels like unhealthy change but its not my problem to be AAO police, I give my experienced opinion that will fall on deaf ears that is fine :)

Not even gave Machine gun back, or not tree hit combo on snb for borks?
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Neflak

Post#19 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Order zerging down cities, lets nerf destro. Oh my, how the hell do people actually decide balance in this game? Those sticking it out on destro and in the mentioned nerfed classes only have more reason to swap to easy mode order. Those saying nice changes likely all on the order side grinning and laughing as they struggle to type it.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#20 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:18 pm

this is alot, maybe smaller steps would be easier to maintain ?
i hope the tooltips are up-to-date. :D