Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
arorwne
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#221 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:24 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 pm How one becomes a RC what is the requirements ?
No marks on your record. Exceptional ability to write balance proposals and hold civil discussions about complex balance topics. That's about it.
No marks? So, you'd turn down some mega expert like, idk, Dr.House just because he is rude? You for real? You should pick these things on merit, not on "yes men" or "wienerschule behavior" factors. Sure, those should come into play, but only as a very last resort to choose between two equally good candidates.

Ads
Kesslik

Post#222 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:08 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:57 am
But why would you though? It's a strictly worse version of Heavy Confession build. Better to stick to 0 / 13 / 9 and to modify that based around activity you plan doing. WEs are fun, period. But, damn they are underperforming from a design perspective, not necessarily in field though. As you said, even WHs are better lol. Both are super fun though(I'd just move Sanctified Bullets and its WE equivalent down to the first mastery tactic slot - the sooner you get that, the sooner you start having real fun).
I won't say for others, but it works for me. When the AoR 1.12 patch came along that nerfed witch elves into the dirt and give all our abilities people hated to slayers, I was literally 1 of 5 witch elves left playing. All the others switched to wh :p That said, kept on playing and did well with the build. You can switch up broad severing with frenzied mayhem in a city and get a ton of damage done. Plus, you can be targeting one person, but really targeting another. Switch with a quick pierce armor/oyk and catch another target unprepared and spike em down. Biggest problem is you need equipment, which when your side is getting facerolled 24-7 can be hard to get :p

Again, works well for me, but I've been using it for a long time too. I think I also get bonus dps for yelling opn your knees loudly each time I use the skill. Just a theory though :D

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#223 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 am
agemennon675 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 pm How one becomes a RC what is the requirements ?
No marks on your record. Exceptional ability to write balance proposals and hold civil discussions about complex balance topics. That's about it.
No marks? So, you'd turn down some mega expert like, idk, Dr.House just because he is rude? You for real? You should pick these things on merit, not on "yes men" or "wienerschule behavior" factors. Sure, those should come into play, but only as a very last resort to choose between two equally good candidates.
Yes, but mostly because there aren't mega experts on class balance. It's a discussion position where you need to be able to debate among each other and devs will probably mess it up anyway. They're not exactly curing lupus.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Winry

Post#224 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

Warblorc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:01 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:34 am
lolwut wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:25 am Imagine turning blork in a tank less desirable than a black guard in just one patch...

Considering how undesirable black guards really are, color me impressed.
Competition is great!
Clearly from these changes order does not want competition; they need more numbers and advantages. I understand not much you can do to balance population but even if one side has a few benefits it hardly justifies multiple one sided nerfs and buffs for order. If you guys are tired of running the game that's fine just don't make one side hate the game and quit due to bad decisions. Just shut it down and save us the grief.

Warblorc - RR83 BO
Pretty sure this patch made the competition closer than it was before, maybe you should test the patch out before you start making predictions just because you're main got nerfed Mr RR83 BO.
Last edited by Winry on Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#225 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

Yes, but mostly because there aren't mega experts on class balance. It's a discussion position where you need to be able to debate among each other and devs will probably mess it up anyway. They're not exactly curing lupus.
This is where you are wrong. Both of these are actually statisticians, are they not(House is a head of medical statistics or something like that - both of these look at systems and "guess" what's wrong and then Camerons, Foremans and others implement those ideas)? Again, what if you came across a person who can play a ... Slayer(idk, random) while blindfolded, but is a rude, crass dude? He'd be a "mega expert", it's just that he don't value civility (towards strangers) that much. Keep or dismiss?

loik

Post#226 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am

Winry wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:34 am

Competition is great!
Clearly from these changes order does not want competition; they need more numbers and advantages. I understand not much you can do to balance population but even if one side has a few benefits it hardly justifies multiple one sided nerfs and buffs for order. If you guys are tired of running the game that's fine just don't make one side hate the game and quit due to bad decisions. Just shut it down and save us the grief.

Warblorc - RR83 BO
Pretty sure this patch made the competition closer than it was before, maybe you should test the patch out before you start making predictions just because you're main got nerfed Mr RR83 BO.
By nerfing destro?

Naelar

Post#227 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:20 am Be more salty destro holy ****

First of all play the game and test before taking your shits on these patch notes

Second, everything that was done here makes sense with recent meta. Maybe some will be reverted but overall these are for the good of the game balance.

How destro can look at the last 5 months and think they have been the underdog is beyond me
Probably because, during most of that time (especially the last two months) Altdorf has been at 4 or 5*, while IC has rarely gotten above 2.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#228 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

This is where you are wrong. Both of these are actually statisticians, are they not(House is a head of medical statistics or something like that - both of these look at systems and "guess" what's wrong and then Camerons, Foremans and others implement those ideas)? Again, what if you came across a person who can play a ... Slayer(idk, random) while blindfolded, but is a rude, crass dude? He'd be a "mega expert", it's just that he don't value civility (towards strangers) that much. Keep or dismiss?
Is there something you don't understand with the requirements? It's not a debate, I just answered a question is all.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#229 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 am

loik wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am
Winry wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

Warblorc - RR83 BO
By nerfing destro?
Well, if it was like this(format: Order <-> Destro): 0,8 <-> 1,3 and now it is 0,95 <-> 1,05...yes, it is closer to balance and proper competition.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#230 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:21 am

Naelar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:20 am Be more salty destro holy ****

First of all play the game and test before taking your shits on these patch notes

Second, everything that was done here makes sense with recent meta. Maybe some will be reverted but overall these are for the good of the game balance.

How destro can look at the last 5 months and think they have been the underdog is beyond me
Probably because, during most of that time (especially the last two months) Altdorf has been at 4 or 5*, while IC has rarely gotten above 2.
Despite this Destro has maintained a very healthy win rate when it comes to both city instances and scenarios. Well above average the majority of the time. We were sharing data in Discord earlier about it.