Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
kauyon1

Re: Rampage balance suggestion

Post#11 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:27 am

RuhRoh wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:43 am
ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:50 pm

It does have a drawback it resets our rage (hence our dmg) and if we use Tactic to NOT loose rage its drawback is shorter uptime
Name one slayer that doesn't use it...
There is a ton of terrible slayers. So I would guess 85% of the slayer population.

Of Slayers that destro respects/fears/resents, absolutely zero.

Ads
teiloh

Post#12 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:39 am

Rampage is fine as is, especially with Chosen getting Mixed Defenses + Suppression granting Chosen +50% Parry, BG having a core AOE block/parry debuff, and BO having +50% block on demand.

Maybe balance all of these as well.

Bozzax

Post#13 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:43 am

It is kind of obvious the slayer 4-6 meta wb needs to be nerfed hard unless our RCs are going to look like a 100% joke.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

MMXX43

Post#14 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:17 am

teiloh wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:39 am Rampage is fine as is, especially with Chosen getting Mixed Defenses + Suppression granting Chosen +50% Parry, BG having a core AOE block/parry debuff, and BO having +50% block on demand.

Maybe balance all of these as well.
^

detrap

Post#15 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:37 am

Against slayers my BG and BO both have a 50% block channel ability that minimalizes a lot of guard damage which compensates for the undefendable attacks, none of my order tanks have that but it makes sense. Outside of ORvR the BG and BO can more realistically shatter the rampage enchantment, my BG otherwise can get upwards of 1200 toughness (1500 in end game gear) and also reduce my ctbc by 45% for myself and a friend. The BO has an underused 30ft 10% damage reducer for party which can help somewhat in these pressure situations.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

banites

Post#16 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:44 am

My suggestion would be reworking Rampage to +50% block and parry strikethrough for 20 seconds with a cooldown of 30 seconds

BelligerentBob

Post#17 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:03 am

banites wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:44 am My suggestion would be reworking Rampage to +50% block and parry strikethrough for 20 seconds with a cooldown of 30 seconds
And make it so it doesn't affect guard damage.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Powell

Post#18 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:34 am

detrap wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:37 am Against slayers my BG and BO both have a 50% block channel ability that minimalizes a lot of guard damage which compensates for the undefendable attacks, none of my order tanks have that but it makes sense. Outside of ORvR the BG and BO can more realistically shatter the rampage enchantment, my BG otherwise can get upwards of 1200 toughness (1500 in end game gear) and also reduce my ctbc by 45% for myself and a friend. The BO has an underused 30ft 10% damage reducer for party which can help somewhat in these pressure situations.
You do know you cannot guard undefendable attacks right? If your guarded person is struck by an undefendable you can't defend against the guard dmg, you take it regardless.....

Ads
detrap

Post#19 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:42 am

Powell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:34 am
detrap wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:37 am Against slayers my BG and BO both have a 50% block channel ability that minimalizes a lot of guard damage which compensates for the undefendable attacks, none of my order tanks have that but it makes sense. Outside of ORvR the BG and BO can more realistically shatter the rampage enchantment, my BG otherwise can get upwards of 1200 toughness (1500 in end game gear) and also reduce my ctbc by 45% for myself and a friend. The BO has an underused 30ft 10% damage reducer for party which can help somewhat in these pressure situations.
You do know you cannot guard undefendable attacks right? If your guarded person is struck by an undefendable you can't defend against the guard dmg, you take it regardless.....

I was referring to damage outside of undefendable attacks, where the BG and BO can take significantly less damage than order tanks because of block channels. Against rampage directly both classes have counters to it, especially the BG.

So it makes sense destro tanks have access to block channels and order don't, because receiving spike damage from defendable and undefendable attacks like rampage would be too much.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Powell

Post#20 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 am

detrap wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:42 am
Powell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:34 am

I was referring to damage outside of undefendable attacks, where the BG and BO can take significantly less damage than order tanks because of block channels. Against rampage directly both classes have counters to it, especially the BG.
I would say there are rng counters and not direct counters. With tons of buffs, debuffs flying out in warband play it is a crapshoot if your shatter actually lands on the rampage and clears it.

In a 1v1 I could see how it would be more of a counter, especially to a slayer who can't mask debuffs, but I would say that in warband play any sort of buff removal is a gamble.