Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#441 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:52 pm

Brutinho wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm Hey War, I understand your and the team's point on this. It is perfectly fine that you don't want to expose community members to be harassed and what's done it is done, but could we at least get some sort of safe guard for next set of changes? Like if there is a RC removed due to inactivity lets put a hold on the patch (If we waited so many months, what is another few weeks) get a replacement. Also, I was wondering what happened to the PTS that was used to test pve content? would it be possible to bring in online to test the changes for any bugs? considering it is a big patch we could try to diminish the bug reports.

I feel you, most of the times there is a lot of crying, but in this case out of the 450+ post most of the community whether they are destro or order agree at some degree with the direction of the changes and most of the complaints are due to which archtype lost CDR, not the loss of CDR itself. The rest are pretty much good changes that I am sure will be tweaked (specially morale pumps) in the upcoming weeks. I think devs and the community can still work together, there has been a few collected and objective players from both factions that have given very honest and fair feedback. Let's do this man!
We did replace the people who were inactive with more than enough time to participate in ongoing discussions, which the people who replaced them were able to come in with their perspectives and participate. You're fabricating a scenario that didn't happen based an hearsay and supposition.

Balance is not a democratic process, and the most popular opinions aren't necessarily balanced or representative of the majority population even if we were to take their opinion into consideration. The community at large will adapt to changes as they're provided. If people want to see changes they're welcome to use the Balance Proposals subforum and follow the guidelines there so we have something to work with.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#442 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:49 pm
emiliorv wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:44 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm
Bug Fixes

- Terrifying Vision Removing the erroneous Soul Essence gained from use.

...May have been erroneously added by Mythic in the past, removing it to clean things up.
I would love to heard why/how you decided that this was a Myctic error....I assume that the argument of "have been like this for the last 20 years" only apply to rampage...

Nerfing 1 hability that have been working for years and isnt gamebreaking in any way...only because WP doesnt have it, at leats be honest and say it CLEARLY...THIS ABILITY WAS NERFED TO MIRROR WP.

Now i assume that in the next patch that Exalted defenses and sigmars grace will be removed too...that 2 habilities MAY BE ANOTHER MYTHIC ERRORS...¿?¿?
We're not randomly calling out Mythic for stuff, it's easy enough to see in client construction when something is weird. There happens to be thousands of abilities and we don't look at them simultaneously as that would be impossible. You sound a bit unhinged, try having some breakfast or talking a walk. I hear that helps.
You can keep nerfing whatever you want, its your own server...dok/wp detaunt worked in different way on purpose...you can see how work different when aoe detaunt tactic is used.

seems like calling it "we are nerfing this to mirror wp detaunt" doesnt sounds good...so lets call it "we are repairing a myctic mistake"...

The snare proc from covenant of celerity looks another terrible Mythic mistake...you should remove it to mirror to WP...i mean to "repair" the error...

looks like the statement of "its working like this for 20 years" only apply to rampage....

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#443 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:07 am

emiliorv wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:42 pm
You can keep nerfing whatever you want, its your own server...dok/wp detaunt worked in different way on purpose...you can see how work different when aoe detaunt tactic is used.

seems like calling it "we are nerfing this to mirror wp detaunt" doesnt sounds good...so lets call it "we are repairing a myctic mistake"...

The snare proc from covenant of celerity looks another terrible Mythic mistake...you should remove it to mirror to WP...i mean to "repair" the error...

looks like the statement of "its working like this for 20 years" only apply to rampage....
What reason is there for detaunt to cost a single class their career mechanic for one class but not any of the other classes? No other class consumes mechanic to use detaunt, it's not just a comparison between DOK/WP. Imagine if Slayers had to consume rage to detaunt, or witch elves consumed combos stacks, or Archmage removed their career mechanic stacks to detaunt. In the client this is flagged in an indirect way that if you were just copying another base ability for example, you might copy over a wrong string and then hardly ever notice it because the value was low. There is nothing in any of the tooltips that indicates this should consume career mechanic resources, it just did, quietly, and probably for years before it was noticed. 20 years of working wrong don't make it right.

But hey, you're mad. Why think about it for a minute if you can aggressively defend nonsense?

derekmlv

Post#444 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:17 am

Just a question but don't slayers lose rage when they detaunt unless they use a tactic?

teiloh

Post#445 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:34 am

emiliorv wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:42 pm You can keep nerfing whatever you want, its your own server...dok/wp detaunt worked in different way on purpose...you can see how work different when aoe detaunt tactic is used.

It's simple game design principles. Something was clearly out of order with no real explanation, so it was changed for the sake of consistency.

Sundowner

Post#446 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:18 am

derekmlv wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:17 am Just a question but don't slayers lose rage when they detaunt unless they use a tactic?
He meant if slayers needed rage to detaunt, but yes detaunt removes rage

derekmlv

Post#447 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:48 am

Sundowner wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:18 am
derekmlv wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:17 am Just a question but don't slayers lose rage when they detaunt unless they use a tactic?
He meant if slayers needed rage to detaunt, but yes detaunt removes rage
Ah that makes sense

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#448 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:07 am

What reason is there for detaunt to cost a single class their career mechanic for one class but not any of the other classes? No other class consumes mechanic to use detaunt, it's not just a comparison between DOK/WP. Imagine if Slayers had to consume rage to detaunt, or witch elves consumed combos stacks, or Archmage removed their career mechanic stacks to detaunt. In the client this is flagged in an indirect way that if you were just copying another base ability for example, you might copy over a wrong string and then hardly ever notice it because the value was low. There is nothing in any of the tooltips that indicates this should consume career mechanic resources, it just did, quietly, and probably for years before it was noticed. 20 years of working wrong don't make it right.

But hey, you're mad. Why think about it for a minute if you can aggressively defend nonsense?
Dok detaunt wasnt consuming career resources, maybe you should read again your own patchnotes.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#449 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:04 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:21 pm

Dok detaunt wasnt consuming career resources, maybe you should read again your own patchnotes.
You know that doesn't make any more sense for them to gain soul essence, but you seem to be out of arguments otherwise. Every point I made is still valid even when applied inversely.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#450 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:22 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:04 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:21 pm

You know that doesn't make any more sense for them to gain soul essence, but you seem to be out of arguments otherwise. Every point I made is still valid even when applied inversely.
The tooltip says It clearly, build soul essence.....was working as intended.
The ability was working correctly according with the tooltip for last 20 years....
Now you want to change It to mirror the WP detaunt...OK.