Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#41 » Mon May 31, 2021 1:26 am

hack the game to make NB work? lol, you guys are ridiculous. If you're gonna hack the game you'd do much more annoying stuff than make NB work again LOL

Ads
Spellbound

Post#42 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 am

Tosher85 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:06 am
vobex16 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:50 pm And bugusers and cheaters will find ways to bypass the gkd and other exploits without NB.
I wonder how many ppl left, who still beleave someones fairytales about NB granting an ability to avoid GCD and other "exploits". Its not even funny anymore.
I know 3 that quit and re-installed another MMO. Noticed tonight EU prime was Vanguard (100-199) vs Vanguard with Destro 40% AAO for Destro in CW when normally there are Battlehost/Warhost fights.

Dalen however has the numbers monitored and I’m sure has a better gauge over the week as it progresses.

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#43 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:25 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 am
vobex16 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:50 pm And bugusers and cheaters will find ways to bypass the gkd and other exploits without NB.
I wonder how many ppl left, who still beleave someones fairytales about NB granting an ability to avoid GCD and other "exploits". Its not even funny anymore.
I know 3 that quit and re-installed another MMO. Noticed tonight EU prime was Vanguard (100-199) vs Vanguard with Destro 40% AAO for Destro in CW when normally there are Battlehost/Warhost fights.

Dalen however has the numbers monitored and I’m sure has a better gauge over the week as it progresses.
You pretty much nailed the #1 issue: player population.

If the population drops too low, it will spiral lower and ruin the game. Low population is the death knell of any group mmorpg. Low population is a self-perpetuating situation. Low populations in mmorpg lead to even lower pops. Like you said it's being monitored and population will dictate what's done.

Spellbound

Post#44 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:59 am

xoonerfree wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:25 am

If the population drops too low, it will spiral lower and ruin the game. Low population is the death knell of any group mmorpg. Low population is a self-perpetuating situation. Low populations in mmorpg lead to even lower pops. Like you said it's being monitored and population will dictate what's done.
Guilds shrink, friend list shrink and that reliable tank or healer you probably had is no longer there so it has a long lasting effecting each time you lose player(s).

I still won’t call a doom and gloom and rarely do on any patch but as Grimnir stated, the population can only go down, not up.

Was it worth it to cater to Ranked or players that don’t do oRvR and would be happy with a server population being 50-100 as long as they get their ranked matches in?

Vri

Post#45 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:16 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:26 am hack the game to make NB work? lol, you guys are ridiculous. If you're gonna hack the game you'd do much more annoying stuff than make NB work again LOL
+1

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#46 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:25 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:59 am
xoonerfree wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:25 am

Guilds shrink, friend list shrink and that reliable tank or healer you probably had is no longer there so it has a long lasting effecting each time you lose player(s).

I still won’t call a doom and gloom and rarely do on any patch but as Grimnir stated, the population can only go down, not up.

Was it worth it to cater to Ranked or players that don’t do oRvR and would be happy with a server population being 50-100 as long as they get their ranked matches in?

You know your stuff. Banning NB mostly caters to ranked scen guys, creating an even bigger skill gap.

I'm mostly a casual player logging in to do a few random scen, bb/be, bs, some warband/lake roaming, maybe a city if I'm lucky and log out. I'm not looking for increased frustration and blood pressure because I'm fumbling over 20 abilities. I play simple old WADS and mouse, nothing fancy.

Spellbound

Post#47 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:33 am

Most of my friends we came from DAOC Phoenix private server after they had to change it from Old Frontiers (what made everyone play it) to New Frontiers because Broadsword tweaked their patcher to mess with the free shard that was maxing out its server all the time for a year with 3000+ players.

What happened with the New Frontiers patch? They lost 30-40% of the population. Once in a blue moon with a certain event they might hit 1800 in a day but those 400+ player Sidi raids went down to 50 and most players left for the new WoW Classic server, RoR, back to ESO or somewhere else.

I just don’t want the population to drop again after investing so much time like we had on Phoenix and we had to leave due to a core change, not balance.

Core changes to the game or how/why people play it should be carefully considered.

abezverkhiy

Post#48 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:20 am

A very carefully weighted post I must admit!

I have no plans to leave the game which I love since day 1 in 2008 but I have to say this:

- I used to hate Mythic for sh!ttiest way they handled first moments of WAR's life (and they lost it in the end), and
- I am never short of words to thank ROR's team for their zealous work and attitude, but
- with this patch you guys messed up things big time. This is like seeing Carrie Guscos's team in action once again.

Probably it is too late to revert things, the milk has been already spilt but please refrain from such heavy handed moves in future.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Delbane

Post#49 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:31 am

Good chenages like "nowy ład" in Poland xD

Spellbound

Post#50 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:45 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:20 am - I used to hate Mythic for sh!ttiest way they handled first moments of WAR's life (and they lost it in the end),
- with this patch you guys messed up things big time. This is like seeing Carrie Guscos's team in action once again.
I’ve been internal part of Mythic then BioWare Mythic with balance and I can say the WAR release was completely on EA for rushing it out. Sold 1 million copies then lose many subs due to u playable oRvR framerate lag because they were forced by EA to push it out. You know EA destroys games, then they stop funding the project which is what happened and you get barebone crews working on it.

Carrie and I are still friends and she jokes about how RoR probably hates her. She mentioned trying to play here but wasn’t happy with a certain Staff member on how they talked about Mythic and left. She created the Tomes of Knowledge system solely and other things.

It was nostalgic for her and she shared some internal drawings of the city which were funny. Would’ve been nice to have that resource around but got pushed away.