Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
abezverkhiy

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#51 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:16 am

Possibly I should not use her name. My apologies. But the idea is the same - I was talking about poor management decisions. Whoever is to blame I do not know as I am not an insider but this is not relevant. The result is.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
kaela

Post#52 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:17 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:21 pm The allegation is that it ever allowed you to use multiple abilities at a single time. This has never been the case, and is always a combination of dots, procs, flight time, and delayed burst confusing people into thinking several abilities were cast at the same time. Another NB bogeyman that doesn't happen.
iirc back on live server there was some exploit regarding the addon "tasty buttons" in combination with NB to "squeeze" 2 insta-casts in one gcd which got fixed.

Earthcake

Post#53 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:38 am

If anyone is interested, this is my view on it :

https://cakesplan.wordpress.com/2021/05 ... situation/

Cultist

Post#54 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am

Earthcake wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:38 am If anyone is interested, this is my view on it :

https://cakesplan.wordpress.com/2021/05 ... situation/
Why don't you write it here? I don't want to be impolite but that looks like self-promoting your blog... Anyway, It's just I don't click on external links.

Drednes

Post#55 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:50 am

best change ever glad they finally did it and hope they root it out completely
same with addons close to and like it

Earthcake

Post#56 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:59 am

Cultist wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am
Why don't you write it here? I don't want to be impolite but that looks like self-promoting your blog... Anyway, It's just I don't click on external links.
You are not impolite, because it is.
If you are not interested, then don't click it, noone is forced to :)

Sofong

Post#57 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:26 am

u mean someone still using it? got proof?

Talladego

Post#58 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:29 am

Regardless what devs and players think of NB the impact of blocking(ish) it becomes apparent when you see that it is the 6th most downloaded addon on Idrinth's Tools with over 11k downloads.

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/nerfedbuttons/

Ads
zulnam

Post#59 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:32 am

Can confirm I've heard talks about certain groups of people having access to an altered NB that still works.

I for one am happy for it's removal. In a classic pvp mmorpg, shortcut management and memory is part of the competitive edge. You don't ask for an aimbot in counter strike to "level" the playing field against opponents with faster reflexes.

But I feel like this is truly a divisive matter and should be dealt with tact. Guilds I've heard about or talked with so far have all had a 50-50 split on the issue, with some wanting NB banned and some not. And, while I don't agree with those that went out of their way to literally cheat instead of adapt, I also don't want to see them driven off or perma banned, since they are part of the community (for better, or worse).

Not sure how we can help them tbh, short (HAH) of making a guide on shortcut management. Seriously, fellas; it ain't that hard.

1-5
Alt+1-5
Ctrl+1-5
Shift+1-5
Q
E
Alt+Q
Alt+E
Shift+Q
Shift+E

^- 26 buttons. Don't even need an MMO mouse for that.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Spellbound

Post#60 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:42 am

zulnam wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:32 am Can confirm I've heard talks about certain groups of people having access to an altered NB that still works.

I for one am happy for it's removal. In a classic pvp mmorpg, shortcut management and memory is part of the competitive edge. You don't ask for an aimbot in counter strike to "level" the playing field against opponents with faster reflexes.

But I feel like this is truly a divisive matter and should be dealt with tact. Guilds I've heard about or talked with so far have all had a 50-50 split on the issue, with some wanting NB banned and some not. And, while I don't agree with those that went out of their way to literally cheat instead of adapt, I also don't want to see them driven off or perma banned, since they are part of the community (for better, or worse).

Not sure how we can help them tbh, short (HAH) of making a guide on shortcut management. Seriously, fellas; it ain't that hard.

1-5
Alt+1-5
Ctrl+1-5
Shift+1-5
Q
E
Alt+Q
Alt+E
Shift+Q
Shift+E

^- 26 buttons. Don't even need an MMO mouse for that.
It’s not a aimbot or cheat. Using conditional mechanics that’s part of WAR just like WOW. Already posted more about this in Patch thread, so won’t delve further.

You obviously haven’t tried if comparing to aimbot in 1st player shooter who kills everyone in seconds and is 115-1 in Battlefield V match w aimbot. NB or no NB, player will still kill or die the same amount. Mostly used for QOL. You still gotta use 10+ other buttons, not just spam one button.

If guilds are 50/50 split, it’s a bad move then to remove it as population will get worse not better. You yourself said 50/50 shows how much population can be lost when I was generous at 10-15%.

If they can find a way to remove conditionals from NB, perfect. Someone however will make their own private version then gives them an advantage in secret over those using non-conditional version. Only way to remove conditionals to completely remove enemy players from showing what buffs and debuffs they have on just like keep lords were removed showing debuffs.

That’ll break Buffhead, nerfed buttons, etc then everyone is on even ground w no more conditional play.

Disable showing enemy buffs/debuffs. Solution. NB will just be a sequencer then and no one with other addons will know when a enemy has immunity.