Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
steelblade93

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#601 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 am

Sure would be nice to play again... just saying!

Ads
oaliaen

Post#602 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:40 am

Cultist wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm Please revert the NB block. Anyone with some programming background can bypass it. Specifically by overwritting this variable:

Code: Select all

for i=0,65535 do
    		ActionBars.m_CastTimers[i] = 0.1
	end
Just by placing similar code to the one above in the correct calls (you don't need to overwrite the 65535 possible skills, this snippet is merely an example) you can achieve NB work again. Given the situation this is creating two classes of players and bringing unfair balance to our playerbase.

I won't enter into much more details but basically just by setting ActionBars.m_CastTimers[abilityId] = 0.1 when a NB sequence starts and ends you are bypassing the block on proxy calls and I'm practically sure this is already being used by some people.

Please revert the block.

PS: I was hesitant about making this post and disclosing further info but you have to do something and the most honest move at the time being would be reverting this... or continue applying hotfixes until no addon works anymore.
I really hope DEVS look at this..

sighy

Post#603 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:33 am

Cultist wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm Please revert the NB block. Anyone with some programming background can bypass it. Specifically by overwritting this variable:

for i=0,65535 do
	end
Just by placing similar code to the one above in the correct calls (you don't need to overwrite the 65535 possible skills, this snippet is merely an example) you can achieve NB work again. Given the situation this is creating two classes of players and bringing unfair balance to our playerbase.

I won't enter into much more details but basically just by setting ActionBars.m_CastTimers[abilityId] = 0.1 when a NB sequence starts and ends you are bypassing the block on proxy calls and I'm practically sure this is already being used by some people.

Please revert the block.

PS: I was hesitant about making this post and disclosing further info but you have to do something and the most honest move at the time being would be reverting this... or continue applying hotfixes until no addon works anymore.
Overriding/bypassing like that sounds highly inadvisable, even if it works.

abezverkhiy

Post#604 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:52 am

sighy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:33 am

for i=0,65535 do
	end

Please revert the block.

Overriding/bypassing like that sounds highly inadvisable, even if it works.
Why does this method seem inadvisable to you?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Sciberr

Post#605 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:03 am

nonfactor wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:08 pm

for i=0,65535 do
	end

Please revert the block.

no need to snitch
Anyone want to PM me how to fix NB with this?! PLS

abezverkhiy

Post#606 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 am

Hopefully not through the forum. Use your brain why not.

Omegus

Post#607 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:52 am

So dropping that code at the start of "local function updateAllSlots()" just makes the abilities glow like they are toggled on and does not by-pass the 3s GCD. @Cultist what exactly is it supposed to by-pass?

Don't panic about telling the devs directly if you don't want to do it here - just message Dalen with the details. The reply will be a thank you rather than a ban (if it was ban then I would've been gone on day 1 of the change...)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

abezverkhiy

Post#608 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:24 am

No, it does not bypass. First line selects all abilities and next step is to set a cooldown for all.

But I was always thinking that such important action would be handled by the server not the client. Otherwise we would have god modes and kill'em all buttons secretly created by smart coders.

Ads
Korsario

Post#609 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:24 am

So you guys decide to hamper people with disabilities and accesibility problems, good job Devs, very forward thinking in 2021.

abezverkhiy

Post#610 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:27 am

I think the only way to trick is to run change of abilities in the background without changing the appearance of ability assigned to the hot key. This is how public hack of NB worked before it got fixed.