Recent Topics

Ads

WL solo and petless

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Karl

WL solo and petless

Post#1 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:37 pm

Hiya, playing WL with the broken ass kitten is killing me atm so did some solo roaming without the cat… it’s damn hard… has anyone found a fun way to play without pet and not just mindless aoe zerging?

Ads
knick

Re: WL solo and petless

Post#2 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:51 pm

to be honest i dont know a single WL playing loner outside city. But if i did it i would try something like this

RoR.builders - White Lion

flanking+loner+primal fury give you a huge dmg but without a knock down or pull its hard do get in the back of the enemys

take CoordinatedStrike out of your combo and use lions fury instead. use trained to threaten for the extra 5% crit. alternative "pack hunting" with trained to hunt for 50% aa speed.

its not good and far from the dmg i do on the training constructs with my pet but if you really want to play without pet not many options left
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Karl

Post#3 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:06 pm

Yeah, this is the spec i was playing around with, to play without all the cc is difficult. Might take a break or give my SM some love…. Cheers for sharing mate :)

Repulsion

Post#4 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:06 am

knick wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:51 pm to be honest i dont know a single WL playing loner outside city. But if i did it i would try something like this

RoR.builders - White Lion

flanking+loner+primal fury give you a huge dmg but without a knock down or pull its hard do get in the back of the enemys

take CoordinatedStrike out of your combo and use lions fury instead. use trained to threaten for the extra 5% crit. alternative "pack hunting" with trained to hunt for 50% aa speed.

its not good and far from the dmg i do on the training constructs with my pet but if you really want to play without pet not many options left
So, realistically, is this even worth a try if you are in vanq gear?
I'm in the same situation and facing the same predicaments.

I love my lion but I feel gimped by it's buginess.
Thanks!

Martok

Post#5 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 am

Karl wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:37 pmHiya, playing WL with the broken ass kitten is killing me atm so did some solo roaming without the cat… it’s damn hard… has anyone found a fun way to play without pet and not just mindless aoe zerging?

Hey old buddy. Recently I have been leveling my WL as well running loner spec. I find it fun and don't mind the whirling axe paradigm. The build linked is close to what I have been running I just went a bit further into the Path of the Hunter.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Karl

Post#6 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am

Martok wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 am
Karl wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:37 pmHiya, playing WL with the broken ass kitten is killing me atm so did some solo roaming without the cat… it’s damn hard… has anyone found a fun way to play without pet and not just mindless aoe zerging?

Hey old buddy. Recently I have been leveling my WL as well running loner spec. I find it fun and don't mind the whirling axe paradigm. The build linked is close to what I have been running I just went a bit further into the Path of the Hunter.
Hiya bud :) took my old SM out for a testdrive but will prolly return to my WL again :)

Sundowner

Post#7 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:54 pm

No cc is kinda hard when solo roaming tried it and did not like a bit of it :D

Karl

Post#8 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:00 pm

Sundowner wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:54 pm No cc is kinda hard when solo roaming tried it and did not like a bit of it :D
Yeah…. I’m feeling lost tbh…

Ads
facundo7777

Post#9 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:52 am

Sundowner wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:54 pm No cc is kinda hard when solo roaming tried it and did not like a bit of it :D
sometimes i feel like it is still better than bugged pet in the ground or in the wall xD i have a pet but it is doing nothing :P

Sundowner

Post#10 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:30 am

facundo7777 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:52 am
sometimes i feel like it is still better than bugged pet in the ground or in the wall xD i have a pet but it is doing nothing :P
The best I could get is always passive and keybind attack/return and being extra careful entering/exiting keeps or map areas with obstacles. But sudden speed drops with no apparent reason is the most annoying thing :oops: