Recent Topics

Ads

The current WH is too powerful. About the Path of Confession.

Let's talk about... everything else
dadlyj

Re: The current WH is too powerful. About the Path of Confession.

Post#21 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:17 am

The problem is, most of this I mentioned is 30ft range atck. Whatever it is, the first attack will take place in hiding, and the "trial by pain" will begin, and you'll run away.
I can't even get close. If you use "charge," you'll run through dragongun, and when the stun is released, you'll get 100% parry and 7 parry through moral for 5 seconds. If this fails, we'll reset the battle to declare anathema and start all over again.
The problem with this is further damage through the bullet. HP recovers, and 12 seconds of 100% parry or 7 seconds of 100% magic immunity /50% armor penetration /30ft of free distance damage + Stern This makes no sense.

Ads
dadlyj

Post#22 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 am

Perhaps the sw's battle, a mix of close and long-range battles that people have dreamed of, is wh. With ridiculous survival and combat sustainability. Besides, this combination doesn't consume much ap.

sharpblader

Post#23 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 am

dadlyj wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:17 am The problem is, most of this I mentioned is 30ft range atck. Whatever it is, the first attack will take place in hiding, and the "trial by pain" will begin, and you'll run away.
I can't even get close. If you use "charge," you'll run through dragongun, and when the stun is released, you'll get 100% parry and 7 parry through moral for 5 seconds. If this fails, we'll reset the battle to declare anathema and start all over again.
The problem with this is further damage through the bullet. HP recovers, and 12 seconds of 100% parry or 7 seconds of 100% magic immunity /50% armor penetration /30ft of free distance damage + Stern This makes no sense.
Except for 5 second parry through repel blasphemy, WEs have the exact same tools that you mentioned.

Regen/Defensive builds on almost all classes are very strong in solo play. For WE/WH, the problem is not the heal tactic itself but how it is used in sync with other things.

For WHs it's through flowing accusation proc bullet spam and for WEs it's through going full defensive while still doing a lot of corporeal damage.

If flowing accusation procs, it's a guaranteed heal between 300-560 per gcd which stacks with how many people got hit with bullet. It's fun to see WHs regen full hp using dragon gun on a blob. But what's truly strong is that it can proc on even one accusation executions making bullets spammable.

What class were you playing when facing the WH? Maybe we can discuss some tactics to best counter them.

abezverkhiy

Post#24 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:09 am

Yep. Bring your pain here. What is your class? Some classes are extremely vulnerable some are not. Eg my DB2 addon tells me that I land db's on zealots 27 times more than they kill me. And on contrary SHs kill me 4 times more often than I kill them. We are all parts of one big food chain.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

dadlyj

Post#25 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 am

sharpblader wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 am
dadlyj wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:17 am The problem is, most of this I mentioned is 30ft range atck. Whatever it is, the first attack will take place in hiding, and the "trial by pain" will begin, and you'll run away.
Except for 5 second parry through repel blasphemy, WEs have the exact same tools that you mentioned.

Regen/Defensive builds on almost all classes are very strong in solo play. For WE/WH, the problem is not the heal tactic itself but how it is used in sync with other things.

For WHs it's through flowing accusation proc bullet spam and for WEs it's through going full defensive while still doing a lot of corporeal damage.

If flowing accusation procs, it's a guaranteed heal between 300-560 per gcd which stacks with how many people got hit with bullet. It's fun to see WHs regen full hp using dragon gun on a blob. But what's truly strong is that it can proc on even one accusation executions making bullets spammable.

What class were you playing when facing the WH? Maybe we can discuss some tactics to best counter them.
You talk as if it doesn't make a difference. But in the first place, 100% parry 5secund itself is too much. The same is true of the 10% parry tactic.
In addition, Wh can learn "shroud of Magnus" at the same time, so it is free from four kinds of magic damage: magus.soc.shamun and gelot. How effective is it?
By comparison
Even if "witchelf" has the same 50% armor penetration and HP recovery from bullets or poison, it cannot learn "elixir of the cauldron" which has the same effect as "shroud of Magnus".
Of course, I think 100% resistance to magic is also an op, but I think 100% 5 second parry and 10% parry are wrong in the first place.
We already have two survival techniques.
There are too many 5 seconds, 100% parry and 10% parry.

sharpblader

Post#26 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 am

Spoiler:
dadlyj wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 am
sharpblader wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 am

You talk as if it doesn't make a difference. But in the first place, 100% parry 5secund itself is too much. The same is true of the 10% parry tactic.
In addition, Wh can learn "shroud of Magnus" at the same time, so it is free from four kinds of magic damage: magus.soc.shamun and gelot. How effective is it?
By comparison
Even if "witchelf" has the same 50% armor penetration and HP recovery from bullets or poison, it cannot learn "elixir of the cauldron" which has the same effect as "shroud of Magnus".
Of course, I think 100% resistance to magic is also an op, but I think 100% 5 second parry and 10% parry are wrong in the first place.
We already have two survival techniques.
There are too many 5 seconds, 100% parry and 10% parry.
In terms of realm balance, yes it doesnt make a difference. Both WE/WH have viable specs which can be hard to deal with for others in 1v1. You're right, WEs cannot have all the goodies and neither can WH. WH lose their incoming heal debuff. Also the bullet which heals them do not debuff outgoing healing unlike the WE making it harder to deal with healers or preventing their target from being healed by others.

Shroud of Magnus has counters:

1. Magus - Daemonic Infestation and Tzeentch Grasp cannot be disrupted

2. Shaman - Sticky Feetz will still slow

3. Sorc - Grip of Fear still roots

4. WH cannot use Sanctified Oil for 60 seconds to reapply opener or escape

You see everything has pros and cons. The problem with the WH spec which imo is strong and without counter is what I mentioned previously.

The reason I asked your class was to genuinely discuss how you can try to counter WHs. So do you want to discuss strategies or continue stating what's OP according to you?

Atropik

Post#27 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 am

sharpblader wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 am 1. Magus - Daemonic Infestation ... cannot be disrupted
Guess, it needs to be put on a bugtracker. Land mine can be dodged with m1.
Nicelook | Obey

sharpblader

Post#28 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 am

Atropik wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 am
sharpblader wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 am 1. Magus - Daemonic Infestation ... cannot be disrupted
Perhaps...my point focusses on how to adapt to the situation at hand

Ads
Sarnai

Post#29 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am

Atropik wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 am
Something has changed recently then. Aurrek ran some tests against mines with his WE and couldn't avoid them even with M1. Pretty sure it's already on the bugtracker.
WH looking for gunbad left

Atropik

Post#30 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 am

sharpblader wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 am Perhaps...my point focusses on how to adapt to the situation at hand
And you doing good, but this an obvious bug, if it worries you or any other WH, it should be fixed. But I am not the one to report.
Nicelook | Obey