Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xSAILORMOONx

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#101 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm

How to delete this addon? I clean all but it still works

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#102 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:32 pm

abazaba wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm
ChicagoJoe wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 pm If you really think NB is cheating then everyone who sets up macros or fully uses gaming mice are cheating.
I think that is the point though. Conditionals are where they draw the line, not mindless ability spamming.
They can do something about NB, which does perform better than macros / gaming mice in the sense of conditional checks. They can not or will not do anything about macros or gaming hardware, which are effectively a brute force method to a QoL request. With NB gone, macros/hardware are the baseline for QoL, permitting they are within the server rules. The sequencer addon mimics these tools but to a lesser extent.
NB really doesn't perform "better" than the macros or gaming mice, it is just super simple to set up, and they still use other available addons. The elephant in the room is that there are probably aiming or targeting mods out there that people are using that create real imbalance in the game and in scenarios. That one ranged dps with 25 kills in a SC when no one else has more than a few? Its not from NB.

Yeah I think people complaining about conditions again is making a mountain of a molehill. Its not that big of a deal, especially when you can do it too. Seriously. Plus it is a great equalizer and allows people to try classes with harder mechanics. It raises the floor if set up properly and admittingly the ceiling of someone's skill level. It doesn't mean however that they will be as good as someone who understands the class. Both short term and long term it will hurt this RVR where population is key.

This add on, which is really nice btw, just doesn't do the light level of "P" or certain "F" or "T" checks that people want. Its just not going to make the people who are playing less or quitting stay.
Last edited by ChicagoJoe on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

geezereur

Post#103 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:50 pm

I tried it on my wp and my dok and on my wp is working fine but on my dok its really lagging as soon as I use the abilities in the seq.

mynban

Post#104 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:40 am

On discord a bunch was trying to convince the group went to ESO and GW2 to come back, showing how to macro their keyboards/mouses; but in the end once they realized they need to change the setup per character and respec, they said it wasnt worth the bother.

This is the part that annoys me the most; you took away ONLY the convenience, NOT the ability to do it since people can still set up keyboard mouse macros.

To me this doesn't make sense at all, gating gameplay access behind frustrating yet mandatory setups, when everyone had access to this simple tool that allowed them to jump on an alt, a new char or a respec on the fly with ease.

You did the worst thing you could have done for health of the game...

At this point only way forward is making this sad neq addon at the very least behave like how vanilla NB behaved (before setting ANY conditionals), meaning any skill on sequence gets skipped if it cant be used for whatever reason (it may be being on CD, not having AP or required class mechanic, not meeting a specific condition required for the skill, or being out of range for that skill).

Because that ability to skip skills is already available to people with mouse&keyboard macros, just for the people who have the gear, and can be bothered to actually do it. You are not denying this function from people by not putting it in the addon, just making it frustrating and inconvenient..

Do the reasonable thing; turn that addon into a convenient tool for everyone.

Cornerback

Post#105 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:37 am

+1 for the sequencer being useless without skipping skills on CD & adding a virtual cooldown.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

ChicagoJoe

Post#106 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:47 am

Cornerback wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:37 am +1 for the sequencer being useless without skipping skills on CD & adding a virtual cooldown.
+2. Seriously why not just allow NB again.

I can't tell what faction in the developers is driving this change because they've typically made good decisions. If they inadvertently created an unintended consequence by a nerf or mirror or buff they've eventually addressed it. This change is seriously hurting the player base.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Cultist

Post#107 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 pm

I noticed this addon is server-handled by adding hidden custom commands of sequences .castsequence COMMAND seq.

So @xSAILORMOONx just type .castsequence del {1,60} meaning {1,60} whatever button you had bound your sequence from 1 to 60.

I don't think it would be trivial to add a CD skipper unless they apply a hotfix just for that. Another thing I've noticed is the "CP" variable can make the addon useless since it can be loaded w/ errors (not everyone has 60 buttons, i.e. with my Viny I have 2 actionbars with 10 buttons each one and 2 w/ 12), so it would be safe to make a check like CP ~= nil where it belongs. There are a few lines like that.

I had high hopes with this addon tbh.

deathy

Post#108 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Piece of crap addon. Doesn't work. Bring back nb so everyone can use it except just a few people.

Ads
xSAILORMOONx

Post#109 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Cultist wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 pm I noticed this addon is server-handled by adding hidden custom commands of sequences .castsequence COMMAND seq.

So @xSAILORMOONx just type .castsequence del {1,60} meaning {1,60} whatever button you had bound your sequence from 1 to 60.

I don't think it would be trivial to add a CD skipper unless they apply a hotfix just for that. Another thing I've noticed is the "CP" variable can make the addon useless since it can be loaded w/ errors (not everyone has 60 buttons, i.e. with my Viny I have 2 actionbars with 10 buttons each one and 2 w/ 12), so it would be safe to make a check like CP ~= nil where it belongs. There are a few lines like that.

I had high hopes with this addon tbh.
Big thx!

Sofong

Post#110 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:28 am

might as well just let ppl use NB.