Recent Topics

Ads

[DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.

Moderators: Community Management, Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Eisboleas
Posts: 115

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#81 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:38 pm

ufthakk wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:01 pm
Eisboleas wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:39 pm
ufthakk wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am


ey! on windows u have to install vulkan manually i think. maybe check if it's up to date.
also some dxvk version may work better then others. maybe tips from others here ? i use 1.8.1, could happen my game freezes once per day.
gl!
Manually means I have to just download the Vulkan SDK ?
sry i was wrong, should be come along with your gpu driver. are u using a laptop ? maybe with intel/nvidia gpu ?
I have installed the whole thing, seems to be working for now, I switched the Launcher to 32 bit from 64 and got no problems so far, thanks ^^
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Ads
User avatar
ufthakk
Posts: 207

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#82 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm

u could also put a "dxvk.conf" in the ror folder with something like
d3d9.samplerAnisotropy = 16
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 4

User avatar
Przepraszam
Posts: 74

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#83 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Can someone write down step by step how to install all of this things under win 10 ,pretty please, im complete nub :/
Billpullman
Karvosky

User avatar
Eisboleas
Posts: 115

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#84 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm

ufthakk wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm
u could also put a "dxvk.conf" in the ror folder with something like
d3d9.samplerAnisotropy = 16
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 4
What does it do ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

User avatar
ufthakk
Posts: 207

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#85 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:02 pm

Eisboleas wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm
ufthakk wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm
u could also put a "dxvk.conf" in the ror folder with something like
d3d9.samplerAnisotropy = 16
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 4
What does it do ?
looks a little sharper i would say, u can also use dxvk.hud = 1 to show fps ingame.
if u want to find out more https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/blob/master/dxvk.conf

User avatar
Eisboleas
Posts: 115

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#86 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:44 pm

ufthakk wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:02 pm
Eisboleas wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm
ufthakk wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm
u could also put a "dxvk.conf" in the ror folder with something like
d3d9.samplerAnisotropy = 16
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 4
What does it do ?
looks a little sharper i would say, u can also use dxvk.hud = 1 to show fps ingame.
if u want to find out more https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/blob/master/dxvk.conf
Any ideas if I can get any ReShade working while running on dxvk ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Fenris78
Posts: 325

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#87 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Post to remove, see next post.

Tried to use the DXVK thing with windows 7 but looks like it's not working : the game closes immediately after being launched, using the d3d9.dll from the 1.7 version and the batch file to prevent injection into executable.
Please note I'm using reshade 3.4.0.345 (newer version won't work with win7, had to use a modified dll to make this version works).
Any thought about this issue ?
Last edited by Fenris78 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fenris78
Posts: 325

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#88 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Managed to make DXVK work under windows 7 using DXVK latest version (1.9), on top of reshade (latest version too, 4.9.1).

I use the d3d9.dll from the x64 folder (from DXVK, make sure you insert the dll after reshade install or you'll have to do it again since reshade will notice it and wont complete the install).
Make sure to use the .bat to move the dll off during the launcher start, then wait 3s before hitting start.

Both d3d9.dll and launcher are working fine with 64 bits versions.

I'll have to test further for more feedback, but on first view :
- I'm playing with 10-50 average fps in various situations and maps (gtx1080 + i7 6700, 1680x1050 windowed, all graphics to max)
- Micro-stutter SEEMS to be mostly gone, game feels a bit smoother most of the time
- Under low fps (5 to 10), game LOOKS more playable without hang-ons between skills uses. Still have to shut off the combat log when hitting lord in keep/forts
- Light effects seems more consistent and maybe some are even improved or working now (fires light our character nearby, wall torches lights are working now, and so on).
- FPS dont look very different from before but whole thing feels a bit smoother.

To conclude, I'll do more testing but things look improved and working at least the same as before, wich is a good point atm.

Ads
User avatar
xpander
Community Management
Posts: 419
Contact:

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#89 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 pm

this is complete nonsense.. 64-bit dll doesnt work with 32bit game.
to verify if DXVK even works for you.
create a dxvk.conf file into the RoR Root folder
and add
dxvk.hud = 1

into it.. that should show the dxvk hud when dxvk is active.
the 64bit d3d9.dll can't possibly work with 32bit game.
Helpful links:

RoR under Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Fenris78
Posts: 325

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#90 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 pm

xpander wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 pm
this is complete nonsense.. 64-bit dll doesnt work with 32bit game.
to verify if DXVK even works for you.
create a dxvk.conf file into the RoR Root folder
and add
dxvk.hud = 1

into it.. that should show the dxvk hud when dxvk is active.
the 64bit d3d9.dll can't possibly work with 32bit game.
You're right, the x64 dll was not loading.
I tested the x32 dll wich was loading fine, halas no Reshade at all (I can try installing Reshade for Vulkan but I doubt it will work at all).
The launcher is 64-bits however and game is running in both cases.

So now I have :
- with DXVK : no reshade, smoother gameplay but a lot of crashes, as if my client was running the 32-bits executable.
- without DXVK : reshade, a bit of stuttering but far less crashes (or none at all).

I'll stay tuned for further options working with both reshade (preferably) and smoother game with better fps under heavy pop. Until then I'll stay with base game engine. ;)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests