Ads

Q&A summary ??

Let's talk about... everything else
NSKaneda

Re: Q&A summary ??

Post#11 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Spectre013 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:23 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:17 pm
Spectre013 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:46 pm well forts and citadels are still a messfest . yesterday we lost 1 because like 20ish peoples crashed...

Tossing napalm pots tends to end this way.
well correct me if i am wrong but happens a lot in normal sieges no?= and i never crash there

Happens every time when client-server query exceeds critical mass - you can achieve this with any mass aoe or mass healing class. Napalm pots tick, server gathers info on each and every target, sends it back to the tosser, calculates and re-calculates and when you try to burn enemies with mass pots in small spaces you're essentially DDOSing yourself - or such was an explanation from Mythic devs of this phenomenon.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Spectre013

Post#12 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:29 pm

gentlemen we got the new meta: crash enemy faction! (i am joking ofc no malice ^D^)

NSKaneda

Post#13 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:33 pm

Spectre013 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:29 pm gentlemen we got the new meta: crash enemy faction! (i am joking ofc no malice ^D^)

New meta? Both sides have been using this for years ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

ChicagoJoe

Post#14 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:05 pm

mynban wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:06 am Is there a written summary for the dev Q&A answers?
Any other topic other than performance? Which is a worthy topic but very Individualized.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Delegator

Post#15 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:20 pm

On the performance topic, I do find that I crash less often when I go solo or duo with a friend rather than play in a warband. My sense is that the WB means even more messages between client and server (otherwise how would I see the health and status of my WB mates), so fewer messages is better. The other upside to this is that I tend to get much higher RP per kill in which I am involved, the downside is almost no kill credits for "kill enemy player" or "defend keep" quests and generally lower overall contribution towards bags. But, the quality of life of not crashing is the big win.

As for other questions, I encourage you to check out the Youtube with the table of contents. There was a wide range of RVR, PVE and balance questions, so it will depend what you're interested. Overall I would say, don't get your hopes up for that one major change you were hoping to hear about, whatever that is.

Fenris78

Post#16 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:11 pm

Still waiting for napalm potions removal. Every one will be affected for sure, but I'd rather live without a mere way to tag enemies than suffer a crash each time "some known people" use them en masse in fort pushes, since apparently they cannot win without DC half opposing realm...

Let's be honest here and at least try this solution until devs can figure out and fix the issue.

Napalm pots are barel useful anyway since they dont stack, so... Better get rid of them instead of allowing people to crash other by using them abusively.

We should start a poll about that, I'm sure plenty of players will be in favour, for their QoL sake.

Akalukz

Post#17 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:36 pm

#nerfnapalam am I doing it right?
-= Agony =-

Dabbart

Post#18 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:16 am

Akalukz wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:36 pm #nerfnapalam am I doing it right?
You need a 3day old acct for that. Its the fresh accts that we take the most serious....

Edit: one of my questions was for a transcription actually. I imagine its tough to do with disco and 5+ people talking. Time stamps should be good enough though... For english sprakers that is.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Alubert

Post#19 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:33 am

If you removed NB from the game then why not remove napalm pots?
If they cause so many problems then why not?
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

NSKaneda

Post#20 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:07 am

Alubert wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:33 am If you removed NB from the game then why not remove napalm pots?
If they cause so many problems then why not?

I guess because it's Pandora's box that once opened cannot be closed. It's not pots issue, it's how the game is written or so I understand.
Besides this cancel culture has had it's fair share of conquests, maybe let's stick with the plan of having one game build for one season ;)