Recent Topics

Ads

Delete solo ranked only have grouped

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Yes
55%
No
45%
Total votes: 148

pvprangergod
Suspended

Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Post#1 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:08 am

Solo ranked is won or lost based on how many noob players are on either side. Its based on whether or not people want to use comms. It is impossible to communicate morale drops, target switches, guard swaps, burst rotations or anything else without comms. Calling it a ranked mode when its solo queue is a joke. Only group ranked should be a thing, because that actually involves communicating. Solo ranked is just a glorified group finder for people lazy to form groups, so they can blame others when they lose, "stack" with their friends and guildies versus pugs (essentially grouped vs solo players), or just farm games mindlessly. The idea that people are learning from solo ranked is a lie, you cannot learn communication and teamwork by not doing either of those things. And nobody is recruiting from people to form groups based on solo ranked.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Post#2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:13 am

If we get 500 votes, I will present this proposal to the council of elders for deliberation. Otherwise, no deal.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

skylinx

Post#3 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:15 am

I like solo queue. Most of the time it's not the players fault, it's 6v6 class balance. 75% of 1k+ mmr are kobs, slayer or WP on order. I'm interested to see what the balance patches bring to this game mode. I like that people try, its much better then standard soloq scenarios. I would, however, suggest a minimum of rr80.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:19 am

skylinx wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:15 am I like solo queue. Most of the time it's not the players fault, it's 6v6 class balance. 75% of 1k+ mmr are kobs, slayer or WP on order. I'm interested to see what the balance patches bring to this game mode. I like that people try, its much better then standard soloq scenarios. I would, however, suggest a minimum of rr80.
Your first mistake was considering balance based on a gamemode that is a joke.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:21 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:13 am If we get 500 votes, I will present this proposal to the council of elders for deliberation. Otherwise, no deal.
Theres not even that many ranked players

Toshutkidup

Post#6 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:17 am

pvprangergod wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:21 am
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:13 am If we get 500 votes, I will present this proposal to the council of elders for deliberation. Otherwise, no deal.
thats his point... im very much assuming its sarcasm.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Mergrim

Post#7 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 am

But there is enough rvr player that don't want ranked to vote YES. I play without discord and have no problem to reach 1k mmr.
Only thing you need to do is play your class well. There is many players who improve in ranked, from total naab>good player.

No more discord for me in Solo ranked. I have tried, but people are screaming/trashtalking .. . it's the biggest toxic place right now.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:31 am

Mergrim wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 am
But there is enough rvr player that don't want ranked to vote YES. I play without discord and have no problem to reach 1k mmr.
Only thing you need to do is play your class well. There is many players who improve in ranked, from total naab>good player.

No more discord for me in Solo ranked. I have tried, but people are screaming/trashtalking .. . it's the biggest toxic place right now.
But how to deal with the " social backslash" from " players at the highest level" ? :ugeek:

Ads
Mergrim

Post#9 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:34 am

ufthakk wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:31 am
Mergrim wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 am

But how to deal with the " social backslash" from " players at the highest level" ? :ugeek:
I just add them to my ignore list and play game. Thats all, work perfect.

Vholrat

Post#10 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:55 am

pvprangergod wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:19 am
skylinx wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:15 am I like solo queue. Most of the time it's not the players fault, it's 6v6 class balance. 75% of 1k+ mmr are kobs, slayer or WP on order. I'm interested to see what the balance patches bring to this game mode. I like that people try, its much better then standard soloq scenarios. I would, however, suggest a minimum of rr80.
Your first mistake was considering balance based on a gamemode that is a joke.
wait a sec: this game got balance????