Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Online 13th Anniversary

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dwar

Re: Warhammer Online Birthday Celebrations

Post#11 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:29 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:41 pm Celebrations & Events

On Saturday 18 September, we are going to celebrate Warhammer Online's 13th anniversary!

Brace yourselves for what's coming. Be ready and don't forget your weapons... You will need them all!

1. Mythic Developer Discussion

The Celebrations will start at around 18:00 Altdorf Time (GMT+2) with a Developers Talk.

This Developer Discussion is very special as it is with former Mythic developers! If you're keen on listening to their amazing stories about the game, its development and many more hot topics, tune in on Saturday to the Return of Reckoning Twitch account

This is awesome.. I hope they gossip a little. Troubled and under staffed is an understandment of the LIVE time. I'm really looking forward to this.
I think they do value/recognize the effort the hole team put into this. You do put payed devs/staff in a bad light regarding only the management/community work and regularity that has been setup and stands - ie patch days, events aso. Except the salary, employees might not have that amount of passion to withstand any/all weird publisher/new owner decisions^^ If there was any passion to begin with.

Since I have not heard of/played on a freeshard of this magnitude and commitment that even excludes any form of payment/gratitude other than "have fun and show some manners" PLUS staff have to put up with us players (yeah.. we are the worst, seriously... with a margin) I can not express the respect and gratitude I have.
This went from T1 no skill working as intended over releasing T4 to major class reworking (and seemingly not nearly done^^). Chapeau!

Ads
havartii

Post#12 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:41 am

revert armor nerf.. thanks
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

GRUSZKA

Post#13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:04 am

The Beacons of Karak Kadrin! The Beacons are lit! Karaz Ankor calls for aid!

And Empire will answer!
Muster The Order of the Griffon. Assemble the army at Reikland. As many men as can be found. You have time until Friday. On Saturday, we ride for Karaz Ankor and war!

Albais

Post#14 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:24 am

zulnam wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:04 pm Glad to see the recording at last. Heard from people during it that it was a bit difficult to get a lot of footage. Something about dwarfs kissing the ground too fast. ;)
Nah, I heard there were problems herding the green rabble to the right spots and getting them to understand what was going on. Well, as expected I guess ;)

Looking forward to saturday. Khazukan khazakit-ha!
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Bavradai

Post#15 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:53 am

Stuntiez talk a lot and fink dey iz da proper smartererest but dey ain't so tough when ya get da boiz to krump deir 'eadz in and take deir stuff!
Weez comin' for da mega stuntie tin. Weez gonna take all da shinies and add yer scalps to da tree of beardz!

Tharund

Post#16 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:04 am

You cannot imagine how long it is to make a 1min30 video.
Rendez vous for Greenskin and Dwarf was perfect.
Great job for all.
Greenskins are Greenskins.
Grudge will be avenged.
War is coming

gorobelly

Post#17 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:24 am

Tharund wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:04 am You cannot imagine how long it is to make a 1min30 video.
Great job for all.
Grudge will be avenged.
War is coming
BUFF RAZE

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#18 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:29 am

Tharund wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:04 am You cannot imagine how long it is to make a 1min30 video.
Great job for all.
Grudge will be avenged.
War is coming
Right on point, thank you. We do not always share how much time a project could take, cause we'd rather get the appreciation from the delivered work, not from how much time it took. I gathered some feedback from that video and we will surely do even better in the future. There is one video to be posted tonight. We chose to show each Call To Arms from the perspective of each faction.

dwar wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:29 am
Spoiler:
GamesBond wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:41 pm Celebrations & Events

On Saturday 18 September, we are going to celebrate Warhammer Online's 13th anniversary!

Brace yourselves for what's coming. Be ready and don't forget your weapons... You will need them all!

1. Mythic Developer Discussion

The Celebrations will start at around 18:00 Altdorf Time (GMT+2) with a Developers Talk.

This Developer Discussion is very special as it is with former Mythic developers! If you're keen on listening to their amazing stories about the game, its development and many more hot topics, tune in on Saturday to the Return of Reckoning Twitch account

This is awesome.. I hope they gossip a little. Troubled and under staffed is an understandment of the LIVE time. I'm really looking forward to this.
I think they do value/recognize the effort the hole team put into this. You do put payed devs/staff in a bad light regarding only the management/community work and regularity that has been setup and stands - ie patch days, events aso. Except the salary, employees might not have that amount of passion to withstand any/all weird publisher/new owner decisions^^ If there was any passion to begin with.

Since I have not heard of/played on a freeshard of this magnitude and commitment that even excludes any form of payment/gratitude other than "have fun and show some manners" PLUS staff have to put up with us players (yeah.. we are the worst, seriously... with a margin) I can not express the respect and gratitude I have.
This went from T1 no skill working as intended over releasing T4 to major class reworking (and seemingly not nearly done^^). Chapeau!
Thanks for your kind words. They honestly appreciate our work and have expressed gratitude for keeping their game alive. They surely had the passion back in the days and the biggest proof is the former Mythic staff re-grouping, taking the time to talk to us and to the community. You should know that each one of them is probably working on something different now, but they still managed to have the initiative and group themselves again for this exclusive Dev Talk.

Regarding us, we do have an amazing community. It absolutely has some disruptive people but that's normal in every community, rest assured that we never generalize the behavior of some players as 'the community' - bad behavior remains attached to the bad players. The Return of Reckoning community has been and will always be our strongest pillar, we do tremendously appreciate the players who keep up with us and support us on the long run, and we truly thank the ones who were supportive but had to depart due to different ideologies (like addon bans, class nerfs, dev focus, etc).

Ads
normanis

Post#19 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:15 pm

well lets just dont fakaup as players
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Grock

Post#20 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:42 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:04 pm
Grock wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 pm
GamesBond wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:41 pm 1. Mythic Developer Discussion

This Developer Discussion is very special as it is with former Mythic developers! If you're keen on listening to their amazing stories about the game, its development and many more hot topics, tune in on Saturday to the Return of Reckoning Twitch account!
Woah, who's coming? Would love to ask a few questions about the game and its development :)
Unfortunately you won't be able to submit questions to the former Mythic team members/devs. We do hope they will answer all the questions that you had in mind anyway!
Eh, probably not what i had in mind.
If you dont mind ask them about the game's development and original vision, and whether at some point there was a big change from fully PvE world to having RvR areas/lakes. Because if you look at the world you notice that RvR lakes are mostly devoid of notable or memorable locations, while all the coolest places are PvE areas like Slayer's Keep :)

Also who's coming? Is it Paul Barnett?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)