Recent Topics

Ads

Potential New Player - How Long to Catch Up?

Let's talk about... everything else
lucasPeni

Potential New Player - How Long to Catch Up?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi all, as the title says I am looking to try out Realm of Reckoning since I have never played Warhammer Online and it always looked cool to me. However, one of my concerns is that I will never be able to catch up to the veterans that have been playing for a while. I'd love to play a PvP centric MMO, but being deadweight all the time does not sound like fun to me.

Does it take a long time to reach the maximum level and gear up to be of any use in fights? Or will I be grinding for months to stand a chance?
Last edited by lucasPeni on Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Potential New Player - How Long to Catch Up?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:01 pm

lucasPeni wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:41 pm Hi all, as the title says I am looking to try out Realm of Reckoning since I have never played Warhammer Online and it always looked cool to me. However, one of my concerns is that I will never be able to catch up to the veterans that have been playing for a while. I'd love to play a PvP centric MMO, but being deadweight all the time does not sound like fun to me.

Does it take a long time to reach the maximum level and gear up to be of any use in fights? Or will I be grinding for months to stand a chance? Thank you!
Unlike in other mmo with pvp, it is fully viable to start with pvp right at the moment you created your character.
You can level up completely via pvp in this game.
The pvp is either split into level brackets in scenarios or you get bolstered in rank and stats in open pvp zones.
As a new and inexperienced player, you will die a lot, no question. Have fun while playing, don't rush to endgame, use the time to learn.
For pvp below 40, it entirely depends on how well you play and gear for your rank, when competing against players of higher level.
Playing in a group helps a lot to increase the win ratio too.
Dying is no option.

lobeau

Post#3 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Welcome to the carnage!!! The best part about this game is you can be involved in the world pvp from level 16+ where your get a stat and level bolster to be on par with people at max level. There is some gear advantage to being in the best gear and having a high reknown rank which you use to boost certain stats but the game is very beginner friendly. The pvp scenarios are broken up for level 1-15, 15-39, and then level 40, in these you get the level and stat boost too. Find a class you like and get to know the game. Its a great one, where a smart player can still outplay someone who outgears and levels them. Also, ingame type /ad then ask questions in the advice channel, peeps will help you out.

Waaagh!

warlover

Post#4 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 pm

lucasPeni wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:41 pm Hi all, as the title says I am looking to try out Realm of Reckoning since I have never played Warhammer Online and it always looked cool to me. However, one of my concerns is that I will never be able to catch up to the veterans that have been playing for a while. I'd love to play a PvP centric MMO, but being deadweight all the time does not sound like fun to me.

Does it take a long time to reach the maximum level and gear up to be of any use in fights? Or will I be grinding for months to stand a chance? Thank you!
It would be more like Grinding for Years, now that rr has been so Nurfed

Automation

Post#5 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:04 am

Black desert online has more catch up mechanics then RoR.
Will take you a very very long time.

tazdingo

Post#6 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:11 am

it doesn't take that long to reach vanq nowadays which is the benchmark for "competitive" gear, gold bags and trading down decent invader hauls from forts helps. the mid tier sc grind is a great way to learn your class and get to t4 at a good renown, if you arrive at about 50 you should have vanq by the time you can wear it. it's conservatively a good months work if you really put the effort in, but mid tier scs are a fun time and you'll be fine for that first janky week in t4 whilst you're getting vanq. i'm of the opinion that skipping conq to save time is fine

Caduceus

Post#7 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:27 am

If you stick to one character you can get yourself into endgame gear in a few months, depending on how much you play.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:11 am

You begin in a sandbox called tier 1 and after 2 days of playing oRvR or scenarios (ignore PvE completely) you will be lvl 16 and be able to join oRvR anywhere else. So this is very quick.

Next, I would suggest to join an active guild and play with them staying with the crowd because you will be an easy meat for assassins called Witch Elves or Witch Hunters (depending on which side you join). And there is no shortage of them so always stay with the crowd in oRvR 'leeching' reknown (pvp experience) from collective war effort until you reach level 40. Which is quite fast, best way to level is in scenarios or with active RvR guild. We are talking probably 15 evenings of active playing.

Next, once you are 40 you will join the GrindHammer. There you have Annihilator's set, next is Conqueror's set, next is Vanquisher's set. These 3 are RvR sets. They have analogues from PvE and scenarios but everyone takes RvR sets as a benchmark. These 3 sets are intermediary sets preceeding two top tier sets - Invader's and Sovereign's sets. These two (esp Sov) take long to grind. Sov set makes you powerful but not a super-duper unkillable machine killing everything with one click. No, not at all.

Positive side is that not every class is gear dependent. Some classes (for instance ironbreakers) are good enough even when they wear Conq gear, other (like Witch Hunters) struggle until they get Inv gear.

And of course if you are a crazy maniac looking for the best in slot items, this game will keep you busy for long. As you can see there are goodies for every type of a customer.

So join us and welcome to the best PvP MMO ever.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
agemennon675

Post#9 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:45 pm

Ignoring the learnin process we have a catchup dungeon you can get vanquisher level gear in 7 days with from Hunters Vale and you wont feel weak with it. Even if you dont get that gear you will catch up with any veteran in any content you can start pvp/battlegrounds/open world pvp from level 1 and end game city content is avaliable at lvl 40/40. Only gear is grindy and every tier gear is 3-4% better.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

BackIn2021OldPlanB

Post#10 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 pm

You can get close to "maxed" in about 2-3 months with one character.

By saying 3 months i dont mean casual gaming only during weekends, but rather playing it daily for a couple of hours. I said one (not main) character on purpose, because this is a game where many of the gamers try dozens of characters or/and at least occasionally playing some alts. Also you said you're totally new, so you will probably try out a fair share of PVE also, explore things, areas, learn crafting etc... so this can occupy your gaming time resulting in a lower renown rank.

The good thing is (no matter which character/class) you choose to play you don't need to be "maxed" out to matter on the battlefield. Once you're lvl40 (tier 4), with any renown rank, you will do dmg/heal/guard in open realm vs realm or smaller arena kind of scenarios.