Recent Topics

Ads

Grace WP vs Sacrifice DoK

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
meatcpu

Re: Grace WP vs Sacrifice DoK

Post#11 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:31 pm

zulnam wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:39 am You don't need carbon copies. Just a bit of tweaking.

The recent Gift of Khaine seems nice imo, but it does require crit (which if you're teamed with a 2H BG should be easier to get). In a way it's in line with DoK's offensive nature. Not sure if it procs for both you and defensive or just defensive; not even sure if that is needed.

Other than that Pillage Essence is something that would probably require a bit of a look. Maybe increase the value to 100 and have it act as a morale pump for your defensive, similar to the recent Bonded Pack change for WL (which is for the entire group).

That would give snb DoK a role as an offensive healer as well as a morale pump for an important dps; would mean more would be wanted in ST groups.

Be smart, don't just spend twenty paragraphs complaining, look around at what else is happening. No class lives in a bubble, no class is an exact mirror and this is a team game.

And just a bit of food for thought: You need to slot a tactic to apply heal debuff, yes, but you are also freeing up one GCD. Look at the big picture.
My post is meant to be thorough, and has so far addressed every counterpoint brought up. Your point about freeing up a GCD was meant to be addressed by the "one free attack every 10 seconds" observation.

"Accept that the class is more offensive" was also addressed by my two suggestions the first of which is to make a small change to an existing tactic. The thought being:

A cup DoK shouldn't be attacking to get a proc. A melee healer should. The DoK has a tactic that procs on attack but does not boost the damage of attack based heals.

My other suggestion is to take an offensive ability that doesn't really have a place in the Sacrifice toolkit and improve it. Again this is in line with "Accept that the DoK is more offensive." I get it. I'm on board.

Regarding the heal debuff, I'll just wait till I'm full sov with the extra points to reach that tactic then. But my point is that authority on playing a grace WP says it's surprisingly useful and this does run directly counter to the idea that the DoK should on the whole be more offensive. Perhaps that ability should require a great weapon, but I'd rather see a concession to my spec than a nerf to another.

Regarding my stats, I've been using 5-6 pcs of Vale-Walker, Sent ring with block talisman, bloodlord blood ward, and bloodlord painblade. I've tried various combinations beastlord book, ring, & cloak, ravicks torment cloak, both gunbad diamonds, and the ring from Bastion stairs. At this point my gear improvement options are limited to the BS cloak and Sov.

Since end game gear comes from RvR and cities, I've played around some with the "gimped" cup build and I think there's potential there. Especially given that martyr offers a group heal on being attacked which fits very well with the idea "Sacrifice". Combined with fueled actions there's potential to generate more SE per second (at the noteworthy cost of 4 hits recieved per 3 seconds). Perhaps it's absurd build but the patron saint of Grace WP's finds it fun, and I do as well.

Ads
ashton007

Post#12 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 pm

Wp is definitely tankier per their class fantasy. But if you look at their tool-tips you will see that DOK has better tool-tip damage for ST spanking.

ashton007

Post#13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:14 pm

And regarding the healdebuff, dok is actually better for this as he can swap targets quicker, not having to wait the 10 sec for another healdebuff. But also in the beginning dok was able to proc that healdebuff on AoE

meatcpu

Post#14 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:51 pm

I moved and rewrote the heal debuff section of my original post, as I think it distracts from my main points. Maybe the DoK version is better overall, and I'm not really interested in suggesting Torture changes here. My point about the debuff is that the more defensive, tankier healer can also for an extra 3 points gain access to a very nice offensive ability.

yoluigi

Post#15 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:58 pm

Both are extremely strong i mean the hardest duo to fight against was Dok shield and Chosen and they beat me with my tank friend as wp shield because of ap drain and more potentiel dps. There soo many others classes that need more attention (2h knight, Dps runepriest/ zeolot etc)

meatcpu

Post#16 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm

yoluigi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:58 pm Both are extremely strong i mean the hardest duo to fight against was Dok shield and Chosen and they beat me with my tank friend as wp shield because of ap drain and more potentiel dps. There soo many others classes that need more attention (2h knight, Dps runepriest/ zeolot etc)
Fair enough. Maybe I'll focus more on roaming in the meantime.

yoluigi

Post#17 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:50 am

meatcpu wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm
yoluigi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:58 pm Both are extremely strong i mean the hardest duo to fight against was Dok shield and Chosen and they beat me with my tank friend as wp shield because of ap drain and more potentiel dps. There soo many others classes that need more attention (2h knight, Dps runepriest/ zeolot etc)
Fair enough. Maybe I'll focus more on roaming in the meantime.
Trust me if you duo with a 2h tank you gonna have the time of your life can easily beat a 2vs3-4 The real challenge is 2v5,6 etc (if you got bis gear)
Lots of fun

meatcpu

Post#18 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:32 pm

I plan on editing the top portion of this post. I've tried small scale and I agree that's where this spec really shines. The AP drain is handy in small fights.

For WBs and larger engagements the hybrid spec could have a ton of potential. The combination of Martyr with fueled essence and the absorb from Dark rites is pretty cool, especially if you can stay in range to spam essence lash on cooldown. Fueled essence is pretty neat but it doesn't work with DoTs or when an attack is defended against (from what I can tell), so the amount of damage you have to receive to make the hybrid spec work is not really sustainable in my experience.

Of the issues I originally highlighted the 9 point ability is one worth sticking on. After doing some testing I'm confident that Devour Essence still isn't boosted by the 25% tactic despite what the patch notes say (unless the combat log is inaccurate). It also doesn't trigger covenants properly. I've filed bug reports for both of these issues, we'll see what comes of it.

Ads