Recent Topics

Ads

suggestion to addition of aao bonus

Let's talk about... everything else
nebelwerfer

suggestion to addition of aao bonus

Post#1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Hey forum, back with a new idea here :mrgreen:

give unique currency for fighting against all odds, droprate of which will be determined by the amount of aao you have.

this currency could be used for a variety of things.

a) unique cosmetics aka trophies that expire or titles
b) top tier potions including armor and stats
c) new unique potions that have removed effects like cleansing winds, resolute defence and the other one that let you push through all damage but your heart exploded after it expires
d) armor sets
f) unique new siege weaponry, for example land mines that deal aoe damage, stun or snare. Artillery pieces that can pin the enemy somewhat by snaring, stunning or just raw damaging.

Give the smaller realm a way to set up ambushes, strategize and deal with larger numbers in a fun engaging way.

Any and all purchases will be bought from a vendor that appears in the zone ONLY when you have aao.

just a nice way to incentivize balancing the realms, renown isn't a big enough carrot for all

On a sidenote it's kind of funny the most innovative and potential controversial option starts is listed under the letter F. A nice touch, i must say

id love to hear your thoughts :D

Ads
don775

Re: suggestion to addition of aao bonus

Post#2 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:11 pm

I think cosmetics is a great start.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:22 am

its hard to say what changes should be made to RVR without knowing the scope of the development.

generally i think "PVEing" zones is a huge and obvious negative to be avoided. this includes box running, attacking empty keeps, attacking empty forts (or with massive aao that makes it impossible), and city instances that end up just being super one sided but yet still drag on for like an hour. (imbalanced scenarios are fine cos they only last like 10 minutes or so)

problem with aao is that its very very hard at times to make the most of it because you simply cannot fight against multiple warbands if you don't even have a single warband of your own. all you can do is maybe gank a few solo players alot of the time, actually defending a zone when you have big aao is rare.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#4 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:33 pm

The outnumbered realm (Destro in 99% of the cases) simply needs another bolster effect to compensate for their numbers. They need to be able to drop 1-2+ to balance out the realms during the 20 hours Destro is being steamrolled per day. At night, Destro hardly even shows up and chat is full of nothing but defeatist statements at how worthless going into rvr is, how they're going to swap to Order and make the problem worse, etc because there has been NOTHING done to fix this enormous issue that is breaking the game. AAO needs to apply a buff or debuff to balance the playing field to some extent. This is to encourage more players to play the losing side for quicker leveling and bring balance back to fights.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone out to run flags betwen 8pm-1am NA time only to have the 3 or 4 people running boxes (the ONLY source for renown) get swarmed by 2 groups of Order while another 3 groups are attacking the keep with a ram. It's constantly 1-2 groups of Destro vs a warband+ of Order all night long. I've seen *4* keep attacks in a MONTH during my play time, and of the 4 attempts, 2 have failed at the outer door. It makes doing the Live events impossible even though I play for hours a night. There needs to be some serious reworking of ORVR with such an imbalance of players. Last night for instance, chat was full of destro on all channels basically saying the game was pve only since rvr was so heavily Order heavy that it made it unplayable. Of course, SC's don't pop either due to lack of population or Order signing up for them because they get just as much renown in orvr that also generates city and tons of easy mode gold bags. RVR in it's current state is broken FOR Order 20 hours a day and needs to have a serious adjustment to make it playable.

This is the honest state of the game and it needs to be addressed. When only 300ish people are online the server, every member counts. When 57%-60% (tier2+) of them are all on the same side and all in rvr vs 43%-40% (tier 2+) you end up with rvr being AT BEST 110ish players vs 80ish players, assuming EVERY member of both realms are in the lakes, but they aren't. They're crafting, farming materials, trying to run dungeons, etc. Especially on Destro who is already outnumbered at best. This drops their numbers even more when every member counts. The evening warbands often have about 1.5-3 groups at most vs a warband+. All they really do is slow down the Order pve in the lakes for bags and get subpar rewards for the effort. Don't take my word for it though, they need to do some serious monitoring of the events and player activity so Order players can't jump and skew the findings of it, then implement a change based on findings.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#5 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Stahn123 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:33 pm The outnumbered realm (Destro in 99% of the cases)

What game are you playing? Destruction dominates during North American day / European day and evening.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Stahn123
Banned

Post#6 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:44 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:40 pm
Stahn123 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:33 pm The outnumbered realm (Destro in 99% of the cases)

What game are you playing? Destruction dominates during North American day / European day and evening.
No. Just...no. I play Destro from 8pm-1am NA. Destro is outnumbered the entire time until EU wakes up around 4am NA when they START to login and the numbers begin to balance. If Destro dominated like you say, Altdorf would be burned more than twice a month. In fact, Altdorf only burns when Order guilds swap over to their Destro guilds to burn a 5 star Altdorf after it's left standing for weeks. The numbers begin to even out again in the NA noon/afternoon and Order again dominates the entire game. Destro has the "advantage" (basically slightly more numbers) between NA 9am-1pm. Then it begins to tilt towards Order. Order burns IC up to 3 times a day. If the sides were even remotely close to even, that wouldn't be happening. What game are YOU playing? Obviously not RoR on destro side. Maybe you should try it and see just how bad it is before trying to insult someone else??? Order runs the game 20 hours a day almost every day.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#7 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm

Id rather see a 10% of the aao as combat bonuses, so if you have 120% aao you'll gain
+12% Damage Dealth
-12% Damage Taken
+12% Healing Recieved
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

brainbuk

Post#8 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:13 am

New player here, so far my experience (destro side) has not been good, in rvr it most of the time is being outnumbered 1:2-1:3, scenarios are getting premade farmed, not to mention that the scenario rewards are imo strictly worse than the rvr rewards. I do think however that balancing it around aao is wrong. The playerbase should feel some kind of incentive to even out the odds, which would be doable by capping the rvr areas for only supporting players worth 2-3wb's of each side at all times. If one side is heavily outnumbered they still can have an even or at least somewhat even fight, as the leftover population of the outnumbering side would have to go into another (most likely empty) rvr area. If the numbers are as close as stated, nobody gets hurt, if not - it seems to be a good incentive to balance out the numbers.

Ads
Dreack

Post#9 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 am

sullemunk wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm Id rather see a 10% of the aao as combat bonuses, so if you have 120% aao you'll gain
+12% Damage Dealth
-12% Damage Taken
+12% Healing Recieved
This. And I'm a Order player

tazdingo

Post#10 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:16 am

no capping the number of players in a zone at one time and no effect on stats from aao. ever. and i'm a destro lifer. just stop needlessly nerfing destro classes and taking the fun out of playing them