Recent Topics

Ads

POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Let's talk about... everything else
Xirucio

POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Post#1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:52 pm

I mean, they should have an importance, but not at a level of game changing.
Absorbtion and recovery ones? They pretty much define every spec and class success in RoR.
Potions are not extensions of specs right?
Last edited by Xirucio on Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Toggle

Re: POTIONS ARE FOR NOOBS - In WoW and many other MMOS.

Post#2 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:40 pm

I wouldn’t consider them to be an extension of a build. But that’s me. They’re a way to eek out just a little more from your toon before you get stomped. They’re also a way for people to make money, and they give me something to do between scenarios. Don’t see the issue with them.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Xirucio

Post#3 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:47 pm

Yes, because your subjectivity is based on your ranged experience (I just checked your signature).
EDIT: nwm.
But the question remains, why people resort so heavily in this game on them in order to generate some sort of result...i, as a result of my gaming history, i feel noobish to spam gazilions of absorption and healing pots.
I came from a ''gaming ideology'' where pots spamming takes NO SKILL .

Elemint

Post#4 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:48 pm

Availability and efficiency. The standard double 1.5k heal pot is so easy to make, and so common, the entire server can run it. On the other hand, recovering 40% in a GCD is incredibly good. If the pots in games you played had the same effect and availability, you can bet everyone and their cat would be running bags full of them

Xirucio

Post#5 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:52 pm

Pots in games iv played were popped only if ''the other one'' did it in a PvP Context...but the shame was immense for the first that did it and people preferred to avoid them!
It was a subculture of shame and non-skill, if pots were a part of one's aresenal.
So yea, we did sold a lot of them at the AH for PVE /Raiding purposes.
Not popping pots, (but the buff ones) during a PvP fight was a measure of SKILL.

Elemint

Post#6 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:05 pm

Even in this game where potting is so common, i wouldn't really pot during a /duel, seems completely pointless. Against enemy tho, where killing him gets you a reward and dying sends you back to WC? Of course everyone's potting, it gives you immense advantage for almost no cost. Would you not use a healthstone in a BG? Especially if you had a bag full of them?

Xirucio

Post#7 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:11 pm

Every roaming video you will watch about RoR, it will run the same pots combo...at least.
Because absorb+regen at the same time, buys time to do ''dmg''. It's an overall skill that works on every class in this game.
Last edited by Xirucio on Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elemint

Post#8 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:12 pm

Yeah...?

Ads
Xirucio

Post#9 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:15 pm

Elemint wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:12 pmYeah...?
Yep, EVERY class...
Hope not every class builds itself under the sustain that this potions combo give and washes away from their class identity, in the sense of not considering the class skills as important overall.

Elemint

Post#10 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:23 pm

Groupwise potions have absolutely no effect on class builds. As for soloing, yes, everyone uses pots. No, nobody gives a flying **** it's "dishonorable". Consider them core abilities.