Recent Topics

Ads

New Player Shaman vs. Zealot

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scarv

New Player Shaman vs. Zealot

Post#1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 am

Hi,

I played Warhammer online on Release for about 1 year and i enjoyed it a lot. I played only healer (Shaman / Zealot)

I want to return to this beatiful game and wanted to Start a healer.

I mostly play Solo PvE, some Dungeons an smale scale pvp (scenarios etc.) and later also some RvR.

What is the current state of the two healing classes for a returning Player who wants to have some Fun in the evening.

I Dont have that much time, because i have to manage 2 children at home.

Ads
wachlarz

Re: New Player Shaman vs. Zealot

Post#2 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Best emotes class shaman
Best trolling class shaman
Best by "order" healer shaman
Best by "order" dps shaman
I think shaman 😎

Omegus

Post#3 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Some useful tips to keep in mind if playing casual:

1) Zealot DPS is atrocious. This will matter if you are doing solo PvE. However, eventually you'll unlock enough AOE skills to tear through mobs (Chaotic Agitation, Wind of Insanity, Demon Spittle with Sweeping Disgorgement tactic). Shamans have much better DPS builds.

2) Gearing a Zealot is stupidly easy. Zealots and Rune Priests got a skill during live that lets them convert healing stats on gear to damage and vice-versa, so you can just use the same gear for damage and healing by pressing a button to swap the stats. Considering that scenarios typically have DPS gear, you need to do a lot of diffreent content to get heal and dps sets for the Shaman. The Zealot can make use of everything for both specs.

Both healers are fine for scenarios, PVE and ORVR.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

MonkeyHead

Post#4 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Scarv wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 am I mostly play Solo PvE...
This is just a bad idea. Why would you want to do this? You will be behind on RR (the only levels that matter). The PVE content is not balanced at all. some can easily be solved and some are tough even for a group over-leveled. If this was really the part of the game you want to experience than a marauder with self heal is really the best option.

Toggle

Post#5 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:05 pm

If you want to heal and ONLY heal in PvP - go Zealot. They’re amazing healers. However, if you want the option to do everything in PvP (heal or dps or solo roam) - go shaman. I have both. Played both extensively. I’m in the same situation as you with having family taking up most of my time. I ended up settling on my shaman because I could heal in organized groups, but I also had the ability to hop on and solo roam as DPS for an hour here and there without feeling like I was letting organized groups down by jumping in and out of them.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Scarv

Post#6 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Dont get me wrong, i also want to play PvP, i love PvP, but i know big scale PvP ist very intensive in Time and i dont have the time at the Moment, could be changed in a Year, when Kids sleep better.
For first, i want to level and "master" the Char and i want to do this (like in every other game) as a healer.
Its nice to specc between DPS and Heal, but for most of the Time i play Heal, for PvP aswell as for PvE.

Omegus said, Zealot DMG is very bad, does he mean this in Heal Specc or overall in both Speccs?
And he said, SHaman has the much better DPS, same Question, does he mean this only for Heal specc oder also for DPS Specc.

I want to play a fun Heal Specc, where its Possible, to play Solo PvE and for sure PvP aswell, and it has to be defersified.
I dont like classes, where you stand and only push 2 or 3 Buttons and everything is cool.

wachlarz

Post#7 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 pm

Scarv wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:01 pm I want to play a fun Heal Specc, where its Possible, to play Solo PvE and for sure PvP aswell, and it has to be defersified.
I dont like classes, where you stand and only push 2 or 3 Buttons and everything is cool.
Zealot are 2-3 button healers so if wanna click more shaman

Toggle

Post#8 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:01 pm

Scarv wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:01 pm Dont get me wrong, i also want to play PvP, i love PvP, but i know big scale PvP ist very intensive in Time and i dont have the time at the Moment, could be changed in a Year, when Kids sleep better.
For first, i want to level and "master" the Char and i want to do this (like in every other game) as a healer.
Its nice to specc between DPS and Heal, but for most of the Time i play Heal, for PvP aswell as for PvE.

Omegus said, Zealot DMG is very bad, does he mean this in Heal Specc or overall in both Speccs?
And he said, SHaman has the much better DPS, same Question, does he mean this only for Heal specc oder also for DPS Specc.

I want to play a fun Heal Specc, where its Possible, to play Solo PvE and for sure PvP aswell, and it has to be defersified.
Zealot DPS is bad, even in a "DPS" spec. It's fine for farming mobs, but it doesn't work for PvP or real PvE (dungeons).

Shaman DPS is good in a DPS spec. It's great for farming mobs (single target mostly), running around solo in PvE, etc. Shaman DPS is also good for solo roaming in PvP, or even in small groups. Again though, Shaman won't get taken over another DPS class for real PvE (dungeons).

Hope that helps to clarify what he was saying.

That being said, a heal spec will never be good for solo PvE. It will take you forever to kill anything. Been there and done that on my Zealot as well as my shaman. By the time you kill the 3 mobs fighting you, they have already respawned.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Scarv

Post#9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:46 am

Thx for your help.
I think i try out the Shaman once again, i think it fits best to my Playstyle.

See you on the Battleground :-)

ExcretusMaximus

Post#10 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Order players are going to tell you Shaman are broken and you can't go wrong with them. However, as someone who has played both, I can tell you they are flat out the worst healer on Destruction; they're not bad, but the other two are better if you want to heal.

Zealots are the backbone of any group, and a good one wins fights.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)