Recent Topics

Ads

LotD final test & latest news

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lion1986

Re: LotD final test & latest news

Post#71 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Evilest wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:16 pm
sharpblader wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:49 am
Evilest wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:55 pm

Premades and random composition say NO.
If there are more instances of scenarios in the game, the chances of fighting against a premade as a random pug setup will not be as prevalent.
Fair point.
Depends from matchmaking criteria

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#72 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:50 pm

Good bye RNGenesis, you will not be missed
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ninjagon

Post#73 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:14 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:50 pm Good bye RNGenesis, you will not be missed
Indeed :-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Butzinjo

Post#74 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:20 pm

Amadon wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:19 am Since i have read the wiki, i have a question concerning the fact you have to buy inferior tier gear to unlock superior tier gear.
On my main charac who's 8x, let say i have only bought 2 Conqueror's pieces, and then bought some Invader, and Sovereign's pieces set.
Did the fact that i didn't unlock the Conqueror "ward" would be an issue for me to, for example, buy Vistorious/Triumphant's pieces, since with the current system, i have already bought "end game" armor set ?
Very good question:

What happens to the RR51+ characters that completely skipped Conquerer but don't have a full Vanq set yet either.

p.s. Could you please take another look at the Genesis pricing or the system itself? I was lucky enough to get all my Genesis/Subjugator parts in 10-12 purple/blue bags (SnB/2h weapons, and a mix of off/dev Genesis
(5 jewels). Now I need 5 Purple bags to get 1 jewel or 10 purple bags to get 1 weapon.
That would now be 65 purple bags (130 crests) for the same level of equipment...

So far I still had a choice: Do I take armor parts, medalions, genesis or subjugator, now I actually want/need everything that is in the bag but I only have the choice between one or the other...

Also, I would be interested, now that there are no more armor pieces in the bag, what does "contain a good amount" mean? The Vanq belt used to cost 76 medals, but if I already had it, I could at least take a whopping 10 medals out of the bag. The same applies to the more expensive but inflationary existing boots... I think I've had them 4 times in my bag so far.

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea with the crests is great, but from everything that has come out so far, I think the grind will only get harder.

CountTalabecland

Post#75 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:02 pm

I tell you hwat I don’t think I know what a twitch drop is but I am excited for scenarios to finally matter again.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Fenris78

Post#76 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:55 pm

Butzinjo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:20 pm Also, I would be interested, now that there are no more armor pieces in the bag, what does "contain a good amount" mean? The Vanq belt used to cost 76 medals, but if I already had it, I could at least take a whopping 10 medals out of the bag. The same applies to the more expensive but inflationary existing boots... I think I've had them 4 times in my bag so far.
I agree with the requirements for genesis/subjugator ; 4-5 bags for one piece sounds a bit harsh, even if the non-randomness evens it out a bit. The main issue is now the sacrifice is higher than before when you trade a gold bag worth of war crests against 25% of a genesis jewel... Thus you always can only use lower quality bags for genesis (blue ones), and keep the gold and purple ones for war crests.

Based on "leaked" conversion rates, looks like war crest amounts in bags will follow same formulas than now ; up to 54 crests (90 for city ones) for a RR 70+ character.

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the conversion rate is now very high for lower tier items, like T1 potions and gear ; 1 war crest being 3125 recruit medaillons worth, it means you will have to buy potions by packs of 100 for 1 crest, and it will not even out the difference.

Furthermore, the value of T1 items should likely be very low, like 1-2 crests per gear piece, but the amounts in T1 bags should be low as well.
Anyway, gearing will probably be faster for lower tiers, and globally the same for higher tiers, saving vanquisher gear, as you mention, wich will be longer especially since I dont think vanquisher prices will remain the same as they are converted 1:1 to the new currency.

So the acquisition rate will be faster, then slower for vanquisher, then return to "original" speed for invader, provided conversion rates are accurately preserved for end-gear.
Invader will be a bit longer too, but the meager amount of gold bags in Forts was not very impactful for acquisition, at least for most people, and the vonserion rate should widely be in favor of invader (1:15 instead of 1:5 actually).